International Tea Day - Tea Lovers Unite!

1. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Dec 15, 2019

YRJ , Dec 15, 2019 :
    Apparently, yes :tearsofjoy:
    No chicken involved. Let's keep tea just the way it is :grin::joycat:

2. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat Dec 15, 2019

Wonderwoman13 , Dec 15, 2019 :
    Yussss!!!! :D
    Yeaaa I'm gonna look up soon!:D

Tea also reminds me of @the_o2.:D and previously I always thot it was him and me, only tea lovers in WoHo.
    Surprising to see so many WoHo tea lovers!:cool:
    Shooter, let's have chai pe charcha.:D

the_o2, abhilash_saikia, YRJ and 4 others like this.
  3. Anshu3110
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 15, 2019

Anshu3110 , Dec 15, 2019 :
    Yes, chai pe charcha! :D

4. puccellino
    KitKat Dec 15, 2019

puccellino , Dec 15, 2019 :
    Hey, its a nice thread, an excellent idea. Tea is drunk in so many parts of the world and made from so many things and steeped 😉 in so much tradition, I'm interested to read what others do.

I have to admit, I drink more coffee than I probably should, and am not really a fan of milk and sugared teas, if offered tea at someones house I'll quietly sip the liquor variety.

However there are two types I found i did enjoy, mint tea from north Africa ....... A very lovely tradition to offer it to revered guests. Interestingly it has no camelia leaves in it, which is the traditional form of tea.

The other tea I liked does not taste of tea at all. Its butter tea, made from making a strong tea paste from black tea stewed until its its nearly dry, the adding salt and leaving to mix and melt before adding hot butter and a bit of water. I understand its a tradition of the Himalayas, and drunk for nourishment and to keep you warm. It most certainly keeps you warm......an acquired taste but quite comforting on cold days.

I can't make it now, my local supermarket is clean out of yak lard today! 🐃......😆😆😆

You've actually made me smile remembering this.....its a while since I drank it!

I'd be interested to hear of traditions associated with tea, ceremonial, festive traditions etc etc..... I'm sure there must be many around the world.

Happy drinking everyone.

5. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 15, 2019

G_plusone , Dec 15, 2019 :
    You too :eek:
    Thanks for the T :D
    Nice :p
    ;)
    :p
    Interesting recipe .
    Thanks Puccelino

6. Anshu3110

Anshu3110 , Dec 15, 2019 :
    I've heard so much about Butter Tea but never had the chance to have one. Hopefully soon.
    It was an interesting read. Hope you get to drink a nice butter tea soon. :)

7. puccellino
    KitKat Dec 15, 2019

Me too.......... I went to a monastery near Bhutan, that was drunk every morning there. ......a long time ago now. Ive had at friends houses and made it once from buffalo fat in southern italy.....but not as good as animals who live in the cold.....i think their milk/fat is different.

If you get the chance, try it.....or there is always a recipe from the internet.☕

I read about the ginger tea you drink in the wormhole, and it reminded me if the hot drink I used to make, from half a lemon, ginger, honey, black sulphurised salt, a clove and whole black peppercorns. Not exactly tea, but very soothing when you have a sore throat.

:)

Anshu3110, buntycubal, YRJ and 3 others like this.
  8. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat Dec 15, 2019

Wonderwoman13 , Dec 15, 2019 :
    Ahh the butter tea! I've always wanted to drink one. Sounds so tastyyyy!😋
    Thanks for sharing!
    Always!:cool: my every day, starts with a cup of tea.:D

9. puccellino
    KitKat Dec 15, 2019

10. YRJ

YRJ , Dec 15, 2019 :
    Thank you @puccellino I'm glad that you like it :)
    Mint tea sure does sound soothing and refreshing. I will definitely try it some day ;)
    Butter in tea? Now that's strange. I hope it tastes good, eventhough it does not taste like tea :p

That was the only intention of this thread. To allow people the opportunity to understand different cultures and types of tea! I'm really happy to learn that it makes you smile :)

Thank you!

11. AbhilashSaikia
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Dec 15, 2019

AbhilashSaikia , Dec 15, 2019 :
    I've never tried Temi Tea but I have tried Oolong Tea, love it. Oh, recently I discovered Yogi Tea in Manali. It's a kind of Herbal Tea.

I'm in! :D

You should for sure. The way it's served in Earthen cups adds to the taste.

Wonderwoman13, YRJ and Anshu3110 like this.
  12. AbhilashSaikia

Chai piyo, mast jiyo!

This sounds interesting- Butter and Tea mixed together, wondering what that would taste like. I have heard about it for the first time here. Hopefully, will get to try it SOON™!

Wonder Woman starting the day with a wonderful cup of Tea! Which type of Tea do you prefer?

13. Anshu3110

Anshu3110 , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 15, 2019 :
    Oh I've tried Oolong Tea also! Ah, all this talk is making me crave for them at midnight. [e]1f602[/e]
    But I love these red/black teas!

G_plusone, YRJ, puccellino and 2 others like this.
  14. AbhilashSaikia

Oolong Tea is refreshing. LOL! :p I need a cup of tea now too. We should stop discussing tea and food at midnight :D

15. Anshu3110

Anshu3110 , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 15, 2019 :
    Haha, exactly! I'm on my way to make myself a cup of tea, too much to resist. :D
    Should get back to talking about it, at breakfast. :p

YRJ, puccellino and abhilash_saikia like this.
  16. puccellino
    KitKat Dec 15, 2019

Hello, nice to meet you.

I found this youtube film @Cheetosdust made on his travels around the world. Its a bit long, but quite interesting.

By the way, I love the beardstyle.

Enjoy!

17. YRJ

YRJ , Dec 15, 2019 :
    Ever heard of cutting tea?
    Looks like even the forums are enjoying a cutting tea thread :p
    Screenshot_20191216-010922.jpg

18. YRJ

YRJ , Dec 15, 2019 :
    Off topic :rolleyes:
    😂😂😂

19. Anshu3110
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 16, 2019

Anshu3110 , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 16, 2019 :
    I just saw this, didn't get a notification. :(

I've not had a chance to visit Bhutan yet, but that's definitely on my list! Did you like butter tea?
    And I think they use Yak butter in the originally developed butter tea, not cow/buffalo, maybe that's why the tea in Southern Italy must've tasted different.

There are recipes available on the internet but it'll be difficult to find yak butter and I'd like to try the original first. :D

Oooo yes! I make such hot drinks all the time too. :p It is extremely soothing! I add such spices (cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns) to tea, depending on whatever combination I have at the moment.

I've never added salt though, I'll give your hot drink a try today itself! :D Thank you for sharing. :)

YRJ, Starcommander and puccellino like this.
  20. puccellino
    KitKat Dec 16, 2019

puccellino , Dec 16, 2019 :
    @Anshu3110

Yes I actually liked it, possibly because i like fatty foods. I think of it as a totally different drink and dont compare it to normal tea.

The ginger infusion is equally good without the salt. I think the salt is added to help prevent germs in your throat......who knows I'm guessing here. 🙂

I like the exchange of tea ideas and recipes here, and i will look out for Temi tea, it sounds nice. 😋