International warranty not on main board via OnePlus 5

1. devikac
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2020

devikac , via OnePlus 5 , Nov 1, 2020 :
    I have a 7tpro, which has a green tint, black crush and horizontal lines appearing and wanted to send it for repair. I bought it from India, but I now live in the UK and it is has international warranty. However the customer support staff told me that the main board is not covered out of region, which is the biggest expense. Wanted to know if anyone else has the same issue and it doesn't seem right to provide international warranty and then say no for the most expensive part of the phone, if I knew this I would not have bought it.

2. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Nov 1, 2020

camohan , Nov 1, 2020 :
    Hi there, terms of sale clearly states about warranty applicability. OnePlus devices bought from Amazon India and OnePlus India has warranty limited to India region only.
    This is irrespective of the part.

International warranty is not by default, so it's always better to read the terms. Sab but that's the fact.

the_o2 and Tokolozi like this.
  3. devikac
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2020

devikac , via OnePlus 5 , Nov 1, 2020 :
    They are providing International warranty for 1 yr, the customer support mentioned they will happily replace any part for free except the main board if it's out of region.

4. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Nov 1, 2020

camohan , Nov 1, 2020 :
    Hi there, I dint know about this. They are happily replacing other parts is still a good thing.

5. Dsquared1955 , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 26, 2021 :
    I think you posted this on the wrong thread....🤔

Tokolozi and the_o2 like this.