Internet not working on Wifi after 9.0.3 update.

1. orion.prateek Cupcake Jan 14, 2019

orion.prateek, Jan 14, 2019 :
    The device is connected to Wifi but internet is not working even though my Laptop connected with same Wifi runs internet smoothly.

dwmitch7773 likes this.
  2. Moin2200 KitKat Jan 14, 2019

Moin2200, Jan 14, 2019 :
    Try resetting network settings and try to connect again.

3. oudebos Cupcake Jan 14, 2019

oudebos, Jan 14, 2019 :
    My husband and I have the same problem. We both have a Oneplus 6 and updated Saturday to the 9.0.3 and since than we both have problem with Wi-Fi. I already reset my Wi-Fi setting but this doesn't solve the problem!

dwmitch7773 and orion.prateek like this.
  4. ad73 Eclair Jan 14, 2019

5. pailm Cupcake Jan 14, 2019

pailm, Jan 14, 2019 :
    I have the same issue after the update to 9.0.3. Wiping the cache does not help.

6. Arielpadim Cupcake Jan 14, 2019

7. geo07 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 14, 2019

geo07, Jan 14, 2019 :
    A friend with a 6 had the same problem, not only couldn't connect but it made the wifi option in settings to hang! It's not the router's problem, I finally fixed it by reset to factory settings because by just reset the network settings or wiping the cache wasn't good enough.

8. Jeff H. OnePlus Bug Hunter OnePlus Bug Hunter Jan 15, 2019

Jeff H., Jan 15, 2019 :
    Hi dear users,

Greetings. This is Jeff from OnePlus Bug Hunters Team, thanks for your feedback.

We’re very concerned about the issues you mentioned. As we confirmed that this issue will be fixed in the next update, please check how it's working after the update released.

Thank you and have a nice day.

High regards,
    OnePlus Bug Hunters

orion.prateek likes this.
  9. oudebos Cupcake Jan 15, 2019

oudebos, Jan 15, 2019 :
    Hi Jeff,

Can you tell us when this update will be released? It's gonna be expensive to do everything on mobile data!

Jim_Robertson and orion.prateek like this.
  10. Jim_Robertson Cupcake Jan 15, 2019

Jim_Robertson, Jan 15, 2019 :
    Same issue here - my OP6 on 9.0.3 is connecting to my wireless network (UniFi AP-AC-LR), but my phone is reporting No Internet / WiFi has no internet access. I've seen this issue on multiple WiFi networks.

Minimal data transfer - AP reports occasional upstream and downstream packet transfer, but only e.g. 24 KB down, 6KB up in 4 minutes.

Jeff - what's your ETA for a patch? Can we downgrade to 9.0.2 whilst waiting for it? If so, how? If the patch is going to be a full ROM image, can you please post a direct link so I can e.g. download it on another device and Bluetooth it over - not too keen on downloading a full ROM image on cellular data...

Thanks.

Jim

11. scratouille Eclair Jan 15, 2019

scratouille, Jan 15, 2019 :
    Same problem here on my OnePlus 6 since 9.0.3...
    I tried to reset my network settings and wipe cache but it didn't resolve this issue

12. Jim_Robertson Cupcake Jan 16, 2019

Jim_Robertson, Jan 16, 2019 :
    Weirdly, WiFi has now started working on my OnePlus 6 - still on 9.0.3

13. orion.prateek Cupcake Jan 16, 2019

orion.prateek, Jan 16, 2019 :
    Hey Jim, did you do something??

14. Jim_Robertson Cupcake Jan 16, 2019

Jim_Robertson, Jan 16, 2019 :
    Well, I've only just spotted that it's working so can't be sure when that happened. Immediately before noticing the WiFi was working, I had:
    (a) gone to Settings | About phone | Phone number, signal etc. and tapped on "Phone number (SIM slot 2)", and
    (b) gone to Settings | System | Developer options | Get logs | Wireless connection and tapped on the"Get wifi log info" checkbox.

I think I also went to Settings | System | Developer options | Get logs | other log info (but didn't click on any of the buttons on that screen).

Fingers crossed...

dwmitch7773 likes this.
  15. G_Rolandas_Vizbara_iOhA Cupcake Jan 16, 2019

16. Jeff H. OnePlus Bug Hunter OnePlus Bug Hunter Jan 17, 2019

Jeff H., Jan 17, 2019 :
    Hi dear users,

Greetings. This is Jeff from OnePlus Bug Hunters Team, thanks for your feedback.

As we confirmed that this issue will be fixed in the next update release, please wait kindly and we will release it soon, please check how it's working after that update.

Thank you and have a nice day.

High regards,
    OnePlus Bug Hunters

17. oudebos Cupcake Jan 21, 2019

oudebos, Jan 21, 2019 :
    Here it started working spontaneously again last week Thursday. We didn't change anything and now it's already working for 4 days without problems for both phones!

18. dwmitch7773 Cupcake Jan 21, 2019

dwmitch7773, Jan 21, 2019 :
    I have similar issues with my OnePlus 6 so I wanted to chime in here.
    • My WiFi will connect normally at many locations but not all. When there is a problem, it will cycle through the connecting sequence over and over again for about 2 or 3 minutes, and then will suddenly say "Disabled." I have never seen that before. I've not done anything different, but remembered this began happening after 9.0.3 was installed.
    • All my friends can connect to the network with their phone with no problems; they have iPhones and other phone models.
    • I have went through all the various troubleshooting activities such as forgetting the network, re-inputting the password, resetting network settings, etc. I have not wiped cache bc I am not convinced that will help based on other input from users. My phone can connect to WiFi at most locations so it points to something that happened during the last update.
    • Wanted to add one last item...The location where I cannot connect is in a basement with no cell service, so pulling data is not possible. A prompt update to this problem or a pathway to downgrade to the previous version would be appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019

Mariselax likes this.
  19. Jim_Robertson Cupcake Jan 21, 2019

Jim_Robertson, Jan 21, 2019 :
    One of the listed features for Oxygen OS 9.0.3 is "Improved Wi-Fi stability for better connectivity". Just saying... ;)

20. ludjoh Cupcake Jan 21, 2019