[INTERVIEW] A meet-up and interview with the Dutch Community Manager of OnePlus

1. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Dec 12, 2018

AnonymousWP , Dec 12, 2018 :
    First, Nigel and I want to say sorry for the delay of the interview. Sometimes Nigel had to communicate with the headquarters somewhere else for some more depth-in answers.

Since a while, I'm in close contact with @Nigel Rijkhoek. We 'met' each other at the Dutch technology-website Tweakers.net, where I maintain a lot of OnePlus-related topics.

Because I won a 5T bundle some months ago, and I accidentally ordered the wrong pair of Bullets, OnePlus offered me to exchange the wrong ones with the good ones, hence why I decided to meet-up with Nigel in Amsterdam. We spent some time on the terrace, talking. Oh by the way, fun fact: OnePlus doesn't have an HQ in Amsterdam really. It's just an office where they work with 2 people only. Probably because The Netherlands is still a bit too small compared to the UK (where they do have an HQ) and China.

In the meantime, I was thinking about doing an interview, in favour of the community. I asked people on Tweakers and the OnePlus Discord to think of questions so I could note them and ask them to Nigel.

It became extra exciting, cause at that time, @Maximus Decimus Meridius was already on the terrace, chilling with Nigel :cool:. We drank a beer and talked. Unfortunately, Nigel didn't really have a lot of time so I had to send him the document with questions. Nigel and I are looking for opportunities to organise some meet-ups in The Netherlands.

Nigel was also kind to give me a pack of notes, as a small present :) :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then finally, here are the questions and answers! :D You can also watch the document here if that's more convenient for you: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bprZmX0jM9rPpxj27JYyYZOuGE8Mk1k-PnVRAD-VHBw/edit?usp=sharing

Sorry about the delay. There were some very pretty though questions and please accept our apologies about the timing. With the launch of the 6T and the McLaren Edition we are experiencing some busy times. We hope you are happy with the results and we’d like to thank you for your support.

Here the interview:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018

2. Salt505
    Jelly Bean Dec 12, 2018

Salt505 , Dec 12, 2018 :
    Great stuff! Honestly I've only read through the first half but I will read the rest I promise :D

Cheetosdust and AnonymousWP like this.
  3. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Dec 12, 2018

AnonymousWP , Dec 12, 2018 :
    Thanks!

Yeah, it's quite much. Costed me and OnePlus a fair amount of time and work :p.

Salt505 likes this.
  4. meatandy
    Oreo Dec 12, 2018

meatandy , Dec 12, 2018 :
    Thanks for taking the time to put this indepth and informational interview together.

buntycubal and AnonymousWP like this.
  5. luxuskamel
    Marshmallow Dec 12, 2018

luxuskamel , Dec 12, 2018 :
    Great interview! I'm wondering if we will hear more from the 80 employees. I mean it would be really nice to get more insights

buntycubal and AnonymousWP like this.
  6. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Dec 13, 2018

AnonymousWP , Dec 13, 2018 :
    Thanks for the compliments! :D

@luxuskamel Yeah, though for some questions they have to contact their colleagues, cause I think only Pete and Carl have an answer on every question.

7. luxuskamel
    Marshmallow Dec 13, 2018

luxuskamel , Dec 13, 2018 :
    Jup.

Still I don't get why they don't put:
    usb3
    mhl/equivalent

That technology exists and there's nothing bad about it... :(
    Never settle.

I don't want to be pickery but I think that can be improved :)

8. AnonymousWP

Same. Plus, it's up to us, consumers what we find the best, not what they find the best. It's a pain in the arse to transfer files with 10MB per second.

9. luxuskamel
    Marshmallow Dec 13, 2018

What's that creepy avatar you have o_O

AnonymousWP likes this.
  10. Sujknair
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 13, 2018

Sujknair , Dec 13, 2018 :
    Wow. Cool read. Sensible questions. And beer with friends involved. How can i not like it?

AnonymousWP likes this.
  11. BeingIncog
    Nougat Dec 13, 2018

luxuskamel likes this.
  12. luxuskamel
    Marshmallow Dec 13, 2018

Hahahaha you don't have it that's long right?

13. BeingIncog
    Nougat Dec 13, 2018

BeingIncog , Dec 13, 2018 :
    ?????????? what are you talking about??? LoL!!!

14. luxuskamel
    Marshmallow Dec 13, 2018

You had a other avatar last week

15. BeingIncog
    Nougat Dec 13, 2018

BeingIncog , Dec 13, 2018 :
    ohhh yes, i keep changing them!!! [​IMG]

16. AnonymousWP

It's an album cover of a band :p.