Introduce yourselves!

1. Carl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 14, 2014

Carl , Feb 14, 2014 :
    Let's get OnePlus fans to know OnePlus staff to know each other a little better, and vice versa!

I'm a part of the Global team, making sure that we can live up to the expectations of fans around the world. Currently, we're working around the clock on all aspects of our business, but I'm sure you already know that.

For as early as I can remember, I've been a technology enthusiast, creating websites, reading all the latest news, and getting the latest MP3 players and smartphones every year. I first found the mobile industry 4 years ago, and have enjoyed being a part of it ever since.

I'm interested in learning more about you!

2. Adam Krisko
    Head of Community NA Staff Member Feb 14, 2014

Adam Krisko , Feb 14, 2014 :
    Hello everyone. I'm also a tech head, although my budget doesn't always allow me to play as much as I would like to.. :p
    I must say, it's refreshing to have contact with a company like you guys. Actually talking to some of the people who are working on the phone. Even if you can't put into production all the ideas we have, it's nice to know that our new device isn't being made by some nameless drones, from a huge corporation, that are more worried about the bottom line, then customer happiness. Keep up the good work!
    KUDOS TO YOU!

3. Mark Falsing
    Moderator Moderator Feb 14, 2014

Mark Falsing , Feb 14, 2014 :
    Hi everyone, I am a techaholic.
    I became one in the 80's when my japanese classmate showed his Casio watch with TV reception!! (It didn't work in DK) He also had the watch with a calculator on it.
    My first cellular phone was the Panasonic GD50 which had a standby time of 4days! Ever since then I've been reading up on tech and hifi. I used to spend most of my budget on the latest things but ever since I got married and have two kids, I've kind of held back.
    I currently work in the biopharmaceutical industry.
    I really like what you OnePlus guys are doing, and I am really enjoying reading the comments and posts in diverse threads. Great concept you guys have going here #NeverSettle

4. raimondomartire (acer73)
    Froyo Feb 14, 2014

raimondomartire (acer73) , Feb 14, 2014 :
    Hi everyone, I'm a tech head. I love create custom rom (rayglobe) for top smartphone and help new company to localize OS in italian. On Xda I'm acer73. I'm moderator of biggest italian smartphone forum and love test all phones and review them.
    For me decompile/compile/test routine is a metaphor for life. A good luck to Carl that I know from Oppo time

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014

Axara, Nise, lg8 and 7 others like this.
  5. infernowheels
    Jelly Bean Feb 14, 2014

infernowheels , Feb 14, 2014 :
    Well, to start off, I'm still 16 years old. I jumped on the tech train maybe 2 years ago(although I have been influenced by computers since I was 4 years old), when I became interested in computers and what makes them tick. Basically I'm more of a hardware enthusiast than an all-around tech geek, although I still do appreciate all technology whether it may be software or hardware. Since I'm graduating this March, I'll be proceeding into college where I (hopefully) can enter a course of Computer Technology, through this I expect that I'll be more knowledgeable in making educated decisions in purchasing new technology. Not only that, I wish to help those who aren't that well versed in the world of technology and help them make better choices in picking which device is more suited for their daily needs. *cough* Apple Sheep *cough*

Ever since I noticed how smartphones are becoming a thing and that their components are already very comparable to computer hardware, I started to learn more about them. Ultimately from that, I got here, where it's really nice to not just share what I know, but also to contribute some ideas to OnePlus which may help in creating a device that NEVER SETTLES.

Even if I still have a phone with obsolete specs and a PC that barely runs Crysis, I still love technology as it doesn't matter if I can never own High-end PCs, Laptops and flagship smartphones. There are videos and articles out there which give more than enough information about a certain device, so as long as I see technology continuing it's awesome innovations, I will ALWAYS appreciate every single piece of tech.

Much thanks to OnePlus for making me feel welcome here, this is by far the best community I've ever been into. BIG UP TO ALL!

EDIT: And to those who are wondering about my signature, yes, I'm a beatboxer, albeit a beginner but I do hope one day that I can pass on this art onto my fellow Filipinos ;)

VectoRDextoR, Axara, Nise and 8 others like this.
  6. Noel
    Jelly Bean Feb 14, 2014

Noel , Feb 14, 2014 :
    Hi guys I'm Noel I'm 35 years old from Ireland love my technology even though I'm reduced to using an old HTC wildfire at the moment due to tech failure waiting patiently for the One Plus One (hope it comes sooner :) ) to get me back up to speed tech wise love Cyanogen use it on my tablet

Axara, Nise, psymin and 3 others like this.
  7. Luka
    Froyo Feb 14, 2014

Luka , Feb 14, 2014 :
    Hi, I'm Luka. But i guess you all knew that :rolleyes:
    I'm from Croatia. The same part of the world that brought you Nikola Tesla. Your welcome :D
    Big geek. I was interested in everything to do with computers. From hacking to programing. Did some web design work but that's about it. One paying web design job was enough to convince me to peruse other jobs. Spent a lot of time working on dynamic scripts. Wouldn't be surprised if in the future i start making a site and find my work floating around the interwebs.
    Always loved grate phones. Motorola MPX200 was the best one i ever had. When Android came i got hooked. Love following and trying to predict the market. Jumped at the opportunity to join this forum because i think users should play a vital role in the making of the phones they use. Also i believe the future in mobile phones is the separation of software from hardware. OnePluas and CM are the first step in that direction. I predict that in 5 years time we will be able to buy phones that have nothing on them and then when we get home we pick the Android build we want and flash it.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014

Axara, Nise, ErikP and 7 others like this.
  8. Inner_Peace
    Froyo Feb 14, 2014

Inner_Peace , Feb 14, 2014 :
    I am interested in all aspects of technology (products, companies, people, etc). I wouldn't call myself a technology enthusiast at the level of many you guys are, but I have a passion for learning how things work.

I am here mostly because I admire the team (Pete, Carl and many others) and the principles behind how they run the business. Adjusting my behavior according to what I learned from them has made me a better person and a more effective business partner (at work). :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014

stacyrymer, Axara, Nise and 5 others like this.
  9. Rob W
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 15, 2014

Rob W , Feb 15, 2014 :
    Some people on here know more about me than others ;)

I do a lot of technology and phone related things during my days. I work in the IT field, and I have been in it for quite some time now. I've been lucky enough to run very large networks, as well as work as a Systems Admin and Network Engineer for multiple locations all around the Pacific Ocean.

My work and my passion overlapped with computers for quite a long time, but in recent years I have found myself drifting from the PC world and becoming more and more interested in mobile technology. Now I spend more time working on and messing around with my phones and tablets than I do with my computers.

I used to be a big coder, and that has helped roll me into the world of Android. I actually got really heavily into it for gaming! :eek: I spent a LOT of time working on first person shooters for a number of teams and groups. The older Medal of Honor games (Allied Assault and other expansions), the older Call of Duty games, Battlefield, Unreal Tournament, etc... Modifying games and breathing new life into them was what really brought me into the wonderful world of software (coding, languages, programming, etc...). I also did a lot of web design, but that wasn't ever my favorite thing to work on. I did enjoy it though.

Working on mobiles in my free time has given me the pleasure of meeting and working with some amazing people that have taught me more than I could have hoped. I'm currently a "Recognized Contributor" over on XDA, a moderator/backup admin on another tech forum, and an active member of a handful of other forums (both with this name and my real name). I have pretty heavily immersed myself in the mobile technology world at this point, and I feel that this path is still developing.

10. Martin
    Honeycomb Feb 15, 2014

Martin , Feb 15, 2014 :
    Hi everyone!

I'm originally from Denmark and am part of the IT team here at OnePlus Global. My job is to make sure that our IT projects are on time and provide the best possible experience for all our fans. I have to make sure everything runs fast and smooth without downtime.

I originally got interested in web programming back when I was 14 and decided to start a website. Since then I've just kept improving my knowledge and help people out by blogging about things I discovered which eventually led to me working here at OnePlus!

Really looking forward to interacting with everyone and hear your thoughts on our upcoming phone.

Nise, alvaritodph, Jaynish and 9 others like this.
  11. ram gupta
    Honeycomb Feb 15, 2014

ram gupta , Feb 15, 2014 :
    Hi Everyone,
    Ram here from Mumbai, India.A sailor by profession.Guess you can call me Capt.Ram Gupta ( Yes, I am a Master Mariner )
    Unlike everyone here, I don't quite have a technical background but still fascinated by it nevertheless.Whenever I am not sailing, I am rooting phones and flashing Custom Roms on anyone's and everyone's phones.(I have a big family, so that helps ). Try to keep myself updated with all the happenings in tech.Your quintessential end user who knows a bit more than your average Joe :).
    I am here because I believe what you guys are doing is exceptional and I am damn sure you are gonna nail it when THE OnePlus One finally launches.Your interactions are something to take note of and I hope this doesn't change going forward.You have earned a fan here.
    I guess that sums it up.To the OnePlus Team and all my other forumites out here,
    warm wishes and Regards.

Nise, vijeshv1, Matthew Smith and 8 others like this.
  12. Hiromi
    Eclair Feb 15, 2014

Hiromi , Feb 15, 2014 :
    Hello Everyone,
    It's very glad to see everyone here, I've been in communication field more than 4 years, it gave me a sharp shock that OnePlus is so popular around world and will join with CM to develop its first smartphone. Currently, I'm in charge of one QA team at Oppo, if time is right, I'd like to be a part of OnePlus team. Whether I'm in or not, I'll see OnePlus become great.

13. yash3339
    Gingerbread Feb 15, 2014

yash3339 , Feb 15, 2014 :
    Hi everyone,

Yash here, I'm a 21 year old engineering student and a technology enthusiast. I'm a complete hobbyist as well, and trying out new stuff, experimentation basically, is something I love. I've had a long history with electronics from China which has managed to convince me that it's not only 'bang for the buck' I'm after. ;)

It's great to know more about you all! Cheers!

Nise, nizket, MikaelzM and 1 other person like this.
  14. ΜητΣος7
    Honeycomb Feb 15, 2014

ΜητΣος7 , Feb 15, 2014 :
    hello everyone!
    I'm Dimitri from Greece,Thessaloniki
    I just started to study mathematics in Germany...
    And I have to say never go to Germany if you hate rain because it rains almost every day..lol
    I was always interested in technology that's because I'm here in the oneplus forum^^
    Currently I'm searching for the perfect phone and I really hope oneplus can/will do it!
    But I wouldn't describe me as a tech head,
    Im also doing often sports...I train 3 times a week boxing in a gym to keep me in good shape...
    So yea that's me... :)

15. Ultimate Roger
    Eclair Feb 16, 2014

Ultimate Roger , Feb 16, 2014 :
    Hi everyone, already been reading for weeks but never signed up.
    I am a microbial biotechnology researcher and I am travelling a lot.( In the Netherlands, so no plane or whatsoever) I rolled in the smartphone business some years ago with the HTC desire and since then I was really hooked to all smartphones, rumours and technological developments. I used cyanogenmod a lot on my devices and I am still waiting for a special new smartphone which can combine functionality and simplicity combined with a great design and a great accu performance. I also think that there is a market in the Netherlands for these kind of smartphone and for what I've seen till now, Oneplus can be the one to make that smartphone. Keep up the good work Oneplus.

Nise, ved prakash and Mingyu like this.
  16. Yolk
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2014

Yolk , Feb 16, 2014 :
    well , guys .im the 12th member in this forums.I post about myself before but nvm . i write it down here again .
    Im 21 years old this year ,from China .A Student learning electronic & computer engineering(major in Computer & Mobile Technology) in SG and will pursuing my master degree in UK in 2014.
    I've been get in touch with mobile Internet industry in 2008 when i was in high school and i was one of the admins from DOSPY.com ,Leader of DOSPY S60 THEME TEAM .
    I'd like to get in to this industry in the future:) see where Oneplus located then see if it's okay with the immigration issue, I'd like to be a part of OnePlus team.

Cheers everyone !

Nise, ved prakash and Corey M like this.
  17. Corey M
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2014

Corey M , Feb 16, 2014 :
    Hello everyone!

For those that don't know me from XDA, or the forums, or Google+ my name is Corey. I go by EnemyOfGLaDOS on XDA and Corey M on G+.

I'm a hardware junkie.. Love technology. Like many of you I'm always interested in the latest and greatest devices, especially mobile smartphones.

I'm a huge Android fan as well which works out very well considering my addiction to this stuff :p I like being a part of the Android community. Also enjoy a bit of tinkering here and there with software, but still consider myself somewhat of a noob. Am a recognized contributor on XDA forums and hope to contribute what I can here on these forums!

I love all this excitement! :cool:

18. ChristianFromAustria
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2014

ChristianFromAustria , Feb 16, 2014 :
    Hi! I am Chris.

Currently, I am studying Product and Innovation Management in Austria. I am a tech-enthusiast and pursue to work in the mobile consumer electronic business in the future. I am also this kind of a guy, who gets always asked, within his community, about what-hardware-to-buy and how-to-fix-computer-problems. I spent a lot of time in checking the lastest news about smartphones, tables, mobiles os and the development of the mobile industry.

Furthermore, I am delighted to attend the MWC in Barcelona again this year! :D

Nise, ved prakash and Martin like this.
  19. Deactivated User
    Feb 16, 2014

Nise and ved prakash like this.
  20. Sparkolo
    Community Veteran Feb 16, 2014

Sparkolo , Feb 16, 2014 :
    Hi everyone!
    I am Alberto, I'm 19 and I live in a small town near Venice :)
    Since I was a child I've always been a tech entusiast, I used the PC at the age of 3... well, I just turned it on and watched it :D Later on I got intereseted by videogames and I've been a hardcore gamer all my (short) life... and I mean I play difficult games, not games with bad words and a lot of "bang bang", learn the difference :p Finally two years ago I made my own desktop with premium parts, and that was epic and amazing... so now I can play everything on Ultra!
    I had 4 phones in my life, but I only came in the Android world on July 2013 with the Find 5... but before that I went on months reading articles, watching videos, asking friends about Android! When I first had my phone I already knew everthing about root, custom ROMs, etc...
    After the Find 5 I won on a OPPO Contest the N1, and now I'm currently using it, and if you're asking about the dimensions... once you go big you never come back :p
    This year I also started the University and I am studying Physics at the University of Padua.
    In this period I'm doing a lot of Adnroid theming and I'm studying Tasker, so I'm trying everyday new profiles and tasks for my own amusement... but I'm also a lot into mobile gaming (I've 26 ganes installed, yup).
    During my free time I translate manga from english to italian for a forum, or I watch TV series (love them).
    I think this is a really great community for tech fans like us, and I'm honored of being part of it!
    Thank to the OnePlus staff for making this happen and listening us, thanks Carl for the great topic and thank to all of you forumites for posting such interesting opinions and concepts!

Nise, jhummun, AlekGare and 6 others like this.