Introducing Clipt - A new app by OneLab

1. RokTok
    Eclair May 8, 2021

2. script
    Moderator Moderator May 8, 2021

script , May 8, 2021 :
    Hi Sam,

One question. Yesterday I copied 80+ GB from one phone to another. I guess, that wouldn't be possible with Clipt, because my gdrive has only a few GB left?

On the other hand: yes, I've mailed so many files to myself..... Will be cool to use Clipt for that.

Congratulations to all of the team,

Script

Z1619790887180 and Adesh.sanmukh like this.
  3. jlasensiofi
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series May 8, 2021

Adesh.sanmukh and Sam T. like this.
  4. McJader
    Marshmallow May 8, 2021

McJader , May 8, 2021 :
    This is not bloat. It is not pre-installed.
    Nor is OneLab associated with the OxygenOS team.
    They're a part of OnePlus, but largely independent.

5. Sam T.
    Senior Product Manager Staff Member May 8, 2021

Stickied Post
    Sam T. , May 8, 2021 :
    Hi Everyone, firstly thanks for the great reception to the app 🤟🏼 From all of us a OneLab a big thanks, we're seeing a huge spike in downloads (you haven't crashed our server yet so keep going 😉) and you've already used it to transfer over 10k pieces of information!

This is the first release and we still have so much to do, so hopefully, you can give us some time to work on upgrades. We're listening to you! I've written a summary of what we'll be looking into below:

High Priority
    • Make it work on browsers based on Chromium (Brave, Edge etc...)
    • Multiple uploads from Android (Chrome supports right now)
    Investigate
    • Other browsers (Firefox). We need to investigate this as we're not used to working in Javascript but we see the demand from the community.
    • The ability to turn off auto text copy from desktop/laptop. Some users love, some don't - maybe we could split this in the future.
    • See if we should trigger automatic downloads rather than having to go to the app/extension when you send files. (When you have >2 devices setup this might be annoying and we're a little worried about data consumption but we could investigate for laptop/desktop)
    There are lots of requests for additional features, our philosophy is to do one thing and do it really really well! We're going to focus on the 'data transfer' problem right now but can always grow the scope in the future. We don' want to try to do too much and then fail!

Other than that we see a few crash reports which we're working on but generally, everything is functioning well. Big love to everyone for the positive support and we'll keep working on Clipt as there seems to be a real demand. ❤️

6. Sam T.

Sam T. , May 8, 2021 :
    Hey Script,

Theoretically, the limit is your remaining space in GDrive, but to be honest, we haven't tested up to really crazy file sizes yet. We didn't want to limit it straight away, we can wait until it breaks and then limit it if required 😂

Thanks for the support, let us know what you think for the more ' day-to-day' file transfers! haha

Cheers

Adesh.sanmukh and script like this.
  7. Razeen Møhd
    Froyo May 8, 2021

Razeen Møhd , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 8, 2021 :
    Tried the app today the app works fine , been sending images through mail , this comes handy and easy
    The only problem I found is we can only send 10 items at once, it's adjustable as it helps not to fill our cloud storage

Adesh.sanmukh and Sam T. like this.

8. Adesh.sanmukh and Sam T. like this.

9. Adesh.sanmukh and Sam T. like this.
  10. eddyros
    Honeycomb May 8, 2021

eddyros , May 8, 2021 :
    That's the application that I was looking for a while!!
    To transfer text, files, pics I send them via mail usually, or just send them on "saved messages" on Telegram...but the process is slow and too cumbersome. With Clipt seems to be all simpler! I'll download it :)

Sharon Wang, Adesh.sanmukh and Sam T. like this.
  11. Sam T.

Sam T. , May 8, 2021 :
    Thanks all! with your support, we can keep working on it. Lot's of improvements to come 👍🏼

12. eddyros
    Honeycomb May 8, 2021

13. Sam T.

Sam T. , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 8, 2021 :
    It looks like people are finding it quite buggy on browsers based on Chromium. We have not tested that just yet but it's high on our radar. As we're just small we need to go for the most popular at the beginning and then build from there. [e]1f44d[/e]

14. CRK1918
    Eclair May 8, 2021

Adesh.sanmukh likes this.
  15. malidan
    Nougat May 8, 2021

malidan , May 8, 2021 :
    This is the thing though they don't, my P40 Pro is Google free, you can uninstall most of the Google bloat on a Samsung and those with MIUI 12.5 can uninstall and have next to no bloatware.
    OPPO are running the show now in the open and the porting of all OPPO'S own will make its way to a OP.
    As I always say what the minority enthusiasts call bloat, the billions call apps and use them daily. 😉

16. malidan
    Nougat May 8, 2021

malidan , May 8, 2021 :
    Ok so because its OP's it's not bloat, yet OP fans call Samsung apps BLOAT. 🤔
    It's bloat no matter how you want to dress it up.
    Personally i don't get me wrong I see nothing with having a built in theme engine and I've enjoyed them. since using Color os, etc back in 2014, but Oap fans float on the breeze and are far to hypocritical and have learnt to love bloat!
    You are aware other things have to be in place to have a theme store, I remember a few years back Individuals making an issue of other OS having this well it will be here soon too. ;)

17. McJader
    Marshmallow May 8, 2021

McJader , May 8, 2021 :
    Pre-installed apps are bloat. I don't say OP phones are free of bloatware.
    I think you have the wrong thread:p
    This is not about the theme store.Theme store is bloat.
    It's about an app called Clipt developed by OneLAB, and it's free to be downloaded from the play store

NachoB70, Adesh.sanmukh and Sam T. like this.
  18. malidan
    Nougat May 8, 2021

malidan , May 8, 2021 :
    I think you will find I said.

And how long do you think it will be before this is Intergrated? And for this to work something else will be required, I will let you look for what that is.

You have only been given the glossary not the full implications of what this means.

19. McJader
    Marshmallow May 8, 2021

McJader , May 8, 2021 :
    Apps that can be voluntarily installed aren't bloatware.
    Let's see about that. Also let's not insult Sam and team's work on the app.

NachoB70 and Adesh.sanmukh like this.
  20. malidan
    Nougat May 8, 2021

malidan , May 8, 2021 :
    Insult? As I said I've been enjoying embedded theme stores for years and I know what comes with it as far as software is concerned, I have a feeling most here are in for a surprise.

A pre installed app that millions more use then People buy OP and Pixel phones put together is what enthusiasts call bloat.:rolleyes:

I can't wait for the fall out and excuses when this arrives.

Last edited: May 9, 2021