Introducing Community App 2.4.0 Beta

1. Robin A. Community Product Manager Staff Member OnePlus Bug Hunter Apr 4, 2019

Robin A., Apr 4, 2019 :
    2.4.0.png

Hi everyone,

Nice to meet you!

I’m Robin, the product manager of OnePlus Community Forums platform. My job is to help improve your user experience on the app and website so that our community can connect better. If you have any suggestions or feedback, especially for the community app, please let me know. :) We are always working on new changes.

We are currently pushing the Community app's 2.4.0 beta version, so follow the link below to join our beta program to always experience the newest version as soon as it becomes available:
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing/net.oneplus.forums

Community App 2.4.0 adds features and bug fixes including:
    1. A feedback platform available* directly from the app's homepage, where users can share product ideas and report bugs.
    2. Search experience improvements including trending searches, sorting, filtering and many other optimizations. search.png
    3. Multi-language support on the app's interface.
    4. General UI design optimization and bug fixes.
    Note: To get your hands on this function, on top of upgrading to Community App 2.4.0, the log-tool integrated into the system is also required. The integrated log-tool only exists in the latest open beta for 5/5T & 6/6T for now. It will also be available in next round of officially stable OTAs.

Feel free to join the Google Play beta tester program. Be the first to sample new features and help us improve the Community App together. We look forward to your continuous feedback via replying in the Google Play Store or letting us know in the comment section below.

See you around on the forums :D

2. David Y. Global Community Manager Staff Member Apr 4, 2019

Stickied Post
    David Y., Apr 4, 2019 :
    We will have the dark mode in the next update. Wish the team can move faster @Robin A.

Proof:

dark mode.jpeg

3. B_Wrath Lollipop Apr 4, 2019

B_Wrath, Apr 4, 2019 :
    Welcome Robin:)
    Wish you a nice time here.
    Thanks for the summary.

By the way, where is the young age photo of yours in the DP? Isn't it a tradition for all staffs to have it? :D:p

4. PavlosV_90 Eclair Apr 4, 2019

5. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Apr 4, 2019

Hydra Bob, Apr 4, 2019 :
    Ah finally an introduction! We've all been wondering who you were and what your role was. Welcome aboard! It's nice to see the community app getting some much needed attention.

I will say that the community forum is generally a place for thoughtful and engaging discussion and low effort posts such as single word replies, emojis, and company taglines, like those that comprise the entirety of your post history till date, are typically frowned on here. And that leads me to somewhat question whether you fully understand the spirit of the community and are on the same page with the rest of us.

I know that may not be the warmest of welcomes but it's only because there are many people here who are heavily invested in this community and OnePlus products and we want to be sure we can expect that same level of investment from the people who manage it.

But we really are happy to have you here and look forward to your becoming a part of the community and hearing more from you in the future.

6. DillzDilly Gingerbread Apr 4, 2019

7. B_Wrath Lollipop Apr 4, 2019

B_Wrath, Apr 4, 2019 :
    Couldn't have put it any better.

8. G_MD_Fahad_RxaV Froyo Apr 4, 2019

9. JelleZon KitKat Apr 4, 2019

JelleZon, Apr 4, 2019 :
    Already downloaded it yesterday via the playstore. Looks great so far.

But: we need dark theme :D

10. B_Wrath Lollipop Apr 4, 2019

11. saikiran4ever Jelly Bean Apr 4, 2019

saikiran4ever, Apr 4, 2019 :
    One suggestion I have is for the forum web. Provide a drop-down for language filter on the forum landing page.
    Some of the threads in the landing page are in different language which I don't want to see.
    Once user chooses a language, it should be persisted unless he changes it again.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019

12. Auxqii Honeycomb Apr 4, 2019

buntycubal likes this.
  13. nirajbhusal Gingerbread Apr 4, 2019

G_Abuhar_Sardar_VsML likes this.
  14. hennes KitKat Apr 4, 2019

hennes, Apr 4, 2019 :
    For those who want a dark theme, I would say wait until the end of the year, then Android 10 comes, which will have a system-wide dark theme. Making an extra one for that now doesn't make much sense.

I would welcome it, if you @Robin A. would take care of the picture upload and would build in a working picture compression. I would be happy to provide you with more information, I could also extract and create a compression library from YaImCo and make it available to you.

15. ankitgondalia The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Apr 4, 2019

16. alessiodales Gingerbread Apr 4, 2019

17. F_Prashant_Karmacharya_U Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2019

razzor228 likes this.
  18. Speedlover777 Honeycomb Apr 4, 2019

Speedlover777, Apr 4, 2019 :
    Woohoo! Error 495 will be finally solved after two years of bug experience!)) I hope so....

19. MetalSir Honeycomb Apr 4, 2019

MetalSir, Apr 4, 2019 :

DillzDilly

still no dark mode.​

this is a test for understanding if quoting works even after editing a post.

btw night mode is a big idea.

ok, editing, let's see what happens.

PokiX and agoinfly like this.
  20. Chuck_James Gingerbread Apr 4, 2019

21. MetalSir Honeycomb Apr 4, 2019

MetalSir, Apr 4, 2019 :
    ok, as expected still (since I stepped into OnePlus 8 months ago) when you edit a post, quoting won't work anymore and all the post formattation is lost.

please FIX this.