Introducing Community Sample Shot Program

1. Crystal Z. Global Community <3 Staff Member May 22, 2019

Crystal Z., May 22, 2019 :
    SSP.png

Hi everyone,

You might have wondered who are the mysterious community members that took these great shots, and I’m here to announce the names - @Bouncer71 @optical, and the Community Sample Shot Program.

What is Community Sample Shot Program?
    Before every product launch, we invite photographers to take sample shots with the prototype of the latest OnePlus device (that hasn’t been introduced to the market yet). This time, we first introduced it to our community users and wondered – can our users take as good photos as professional photographers? The result turns out to be YES! After collecting a bunch of photos from @Bouncer71 and @optical and sharing them with our design and product teams, we’re convinced that our users can do a great job and we can continue this project. The sample shots from this program may even be displayed at the keynotes, in the product page, on our media guidebook, etc.

How do we select the participants?
    It’s not a random selection. We check every entry of mega Shot on OnePlus contest, we have a document to collect all the good entries, and we ask our moderation team for their recommendations to help us make the final decision. If you have won the Shot on OnePlus contest before, keep up, we’re watching. We can only invite limited users to join the sample shot program, the selection is extremely strict.

What do you do after joining Sample Shot Program?
    Take photos. And not just take photos, we’ll connect you with our camera team. If you face any issues/bugs about camera, feel free to send your feedback to the team, they are there with you to improve our camera. Besides that, we hope that you can record all the experience upon the camera and share some of your photography tips with our community afterwards.

What do you get after joining Sample Shot Program?
    The prototype you use for taking sample shots must be returned. If you take some impressive shots, you provide feedback that helps us improve the camera and you don’t leak the device/photos, we’ll offer you a brand-new device (the latest version, nonetheless) after the launch. And we may consider inviting you to launch events and to talk to the team face-to-face in the future.

Are you interested? Show your passion in our Shot on OnePlus contest! And let’s see what @Bouncer71 and @optical have experienced during the 2 months’ usage.

Please note that camera team and @Jimmy Z. are reading the existing threads about camera feedback and are looking into bringing a better camera experience in future updates.

2. Bouncer71 KitKat May 22, 2019

Stickied Post
    Bouncer71, May 22, 2019 :
    Great introduction of the Community Sample Shot Program @Crystal Z....! :)
    I can't thank you enough for this overwhelming experience...!
    And thank you for the confidence you had in us...!

Friends, if you get a chance to do this in the future don't think about it...

JUST DO IT...:D

It's sometimes hard work, frustrating if the weather doesn't play along but overall a once in a lifetime chance that brings a hell lot of fun.

Oh what the...
    I'm not writing the story again... ;)
    Have a look at my Secret Guacamole Diary and enjoy... ;)

Feel free to throw questions at me...!

Last edited: May 22, 2019

3. optical Jelly Bean May 22, 2019

Stickied Post
    optical, May 22, 2019 :
    Hello to everyone!
    I'm very glad and happy to share with you my experience and my photo!
    The sample shot program was for me an incredible opportunity to test the Oneplus 7 pro!
    Feel free to ask me every kind of questions!!
    Be part of this community is a privilege.

4. Dresa91 Oreo May 22, 2019

5. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert May 22, 2019

Cheetosdust, May 22, 2019 :
    Hello @Crystal Z.

this is actually a very nice idea and it's this part of OnePlus I truly believe means "created together with your fans". OnePlus can get some useful feedback from those who know what they are doing with a camera and the members of the community can test the device before anyone else.

I'm honestly surprised the participants will even get a retail device after they return the prototype. Congratulations to you, the whole team(s) involved and obviously @Bouncer71 and @optical for the great work. This shows once again the team is present around here, reading and seeing what the members are doing.

Hah, thank you for mentioning that thread. I was not even close :D:p

6. GopalB. Marshmallow May 22, 2019

7. G_plusone Lollipop May 22, 2019

8. YRJ KitKat May 22, 2019

YRJ, May 22, 2019 :
    I need a week to complete reading your thread. :D
    The amount of dedication and efforts that have gone into it is astounding. :cool:
    I couldn't find a better man for this job! amazing pick @Crystal Z.

9. camohan Marshmallow Moderator May 22, 2019

camohan, May 22, 2019 :
    One of the great way to objectively measure "Created together with community" slogan.

Good Camera has been one of those primary selling point and buyer's motivation to decide on it. Involving community is a great way to achieve this.

Congratulations @Bouncer71 and @optical on being those lucky representatives for us the community.

I am looking forward to get this program extended to users of more regions which has their own landscape and peculiarities.

Cheers!

10. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert May 22, 2019

Shivang Joshi, May 22, 2019 :
    Great introduction, @Crystal Z.

Tbh, I didn't see this coming but I'm glad it did. It feels like one great idea, after the "Let's Talk" Contest.

Congratulations @Bouncer71 and @optical for getting into this! :D

I agree with what you said, and that's what I do whenever an opportunity strikes. ;)

Thank youuu for bringing this thread to my attention.

I can imagine that too, but if it'll be true or not, only time would tell. :p ;)

11. Bouncer71 KitKat May 22, 2019

Bouncer71, May 22, 2019 :
    Whispering a secret thank you... ;)

Thanks..!
    Actually exactly what I thought and why I did it... ;)

Thanks..!
    I can imagine them too... ;)

Thanks...!

Thank you..! ;D

Thank you..!
    I would like to see that too... 8D

12. G_plusone Lollipop May 22, 2019

G_plusone, May 22, 2019 :
    True that :p

8D

13. Dresa91 Oreo May 22, 2019

Dresa91, May 22, 2019 :
    :)

14. devil112 Froyo May 22, 2019

15. Saliou Ice Cream Sandwich May 22, 2019

16. An.I.Am Jelly Bean Moderator May 22, 2019

An.I.Am, May 22, 2019 :
    Always love the ideas that involve the community, let's see if the camera gets any better :D

17. Absin05 Froyo May 22, 2019

18. TheBat7 Gingerbread May 22, 2019

TheBat7, May 22, 2019 :
    Congratulations @Bouncer71 and @optical!!

This is really a great initiative and as everyone said, OnePlus is truly working along the lines or "Created together with the community."

I believe OnePlus is gonna go way ahead pretty soon not only because of the amazing specs at affordable price but primarily because of actually listening to the users/fans. Kudos to the OnePlus team.

19. the_o2 Lollipop May 22, 2019

the_o2, May 22, 2019 :
    Congratulations and well done mate :):)

20. meatandy Nougat May 22, 2019