Introducing OnePlus Account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2014

Martin , Mar 27, 2014 :
    Hi everyone!

Today is a big day here in the OnePlus team as we have just enabled your OnePlus Account, and your forum account has already been migrated!

OnePlus Account is going to be the centralized login system for all our future services. This means that in the future you will already have an account for everything, from our online store to promotion campaigns and our support system. So as a side note, you might want to get your account setup before we launch our phone. ;)

Since everything is going to be centralized it also means that changes to your account data such as email, password, etc has to be made through the account management panel. The links in the forum have already been updated to point to the correct URLs so simply use the normal links and everything should work.

Your new centralized OnePlus Account allows us to provide you a more elegant service whenever you interact with any OnePlus service and to more easily implement new account security features such as two factor authentication. Before we would have had to implement it for each individual part of our infrastructure.

For the fellow IT geeks here the login process is based around the latest OpenID standard which opens up a lot of future possibilities and means the process has been vetted by industry experts already.

Security wise your credentials are quite safe with us, we use industry standard bcrypt one-way encryption and force a secure HTTP connection on all visits to the account management panel. Likewise, HTTPs is now also available when browsing the forum, should you prefer that.

Finally here in OnePlus we hope that this will help simplify your future OnePlus experience. If you have any suggestions or questions feel free to post them and we'll get back to you. :D

2. Zach Mauch
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2014

3. jonski369
    Froyo Mar 27, 2014

4. Akki
    Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2014

Edbit33 likes this.
  5. Martin
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2014

Martin , Mar 27, 2014 :
    Technically it's still text, just one-way encrypted using best industry practices. :D

DRCH, portree2k, dandrake47 and 14 others like this.
  6. Jakub Smolar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2014

Jakub Smolar , Mar 27, 2014 :
    Would like to add my name, but getting an error: The username may only contain letters, numbers, and dashes.
    Jakub has only letters...
    EDIT: I get it also if I only choose Switzerland as a country etc. can't upload any pics, getting this error.

7. Carl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2014

Carl , Mar 27, 2014 :
    If you guys see some of the features and designs we're currently working on for the account system, I think you'd be pretty excited. :)

Suphyuhlaing, Edbit33, DRCH and 26 others like this.
  8. fabripav
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2014

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014

area. likes this.
  9. vrnyr
    Froyo Mar 27, 2014

vrnyr , Mar 27, 2014 :
    Oh Great. In future if I buy a OnePlus device, it will get linked to my profile ,right?

10. lvpl
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2014

lvpl , Mar 27, 2014 :
    and if i see some bugs instead of features and designs, what must i do specially when i want to edit my profile in my new account.... :(

Moveover, i want to show you the bug but i can't upload a screenshot photo :mad:

11. TFL
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2014

TFL , Mar 27, 2014 :
    same here

12. lvpl
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2014

lvpl , Mar 27, 2014 :
    hé guys, how do you do to upload a photo here because it only asked me an URL...

13. Sparkolo
    Community Veteran Mar 27, 2014

Sparkolo , Mar 27, 2014 :
    That's really great news! Having multiple accounts for forum/market/support is awful, even if most of the companies do so!
    Amazing as always guys, this afternoon I'll set everything up ;)

Show them to us, then :D

14. Martin
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2014

seshuprasad, DRCH, portree2k and 4 others like this.
  15. Martin
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2014

Martin , Mar 27, 2014 :
    Hi Jakub, cannot replicate this error in the account system. Could you be more specific about where you try to edit your name?

portree2k likes this.
  16. Sparkolo
    Community Veteran Mar 27, 2014

Sparkolo , Mar 27, 2014 :
    I couldn't wait, everything set up from my mobile, all fine ;) can't wait for more options to upgrade my account!

Edbit33 likes this.
  17. Otelo
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2014

18. codyrp
    Froyo Mar 27, 2014

codyrp , Mar 27, 2014 :
    Quick question, would it be possible to link all of our accounts and data that we have on our android to this one centralized account so that it would automatically restore all data, similar to what Google already does, but much more comprehensive (e-mail account settings, Pandora log in, etc. with a new phone/factory reset)? I realize that there are already ways of doing this but it should happen automatically and I feel like this has been long overdue in the smartphone market.

PreRegistracie123 likes this.
  19. GregOrevo
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2014

GregOrevo , Mar 27, 2014 :
    acc.png
    If i write my first name with an accent "Grégory" i will get the error "Whoops, looks like something got wrong", and the same if i try to upload a new profile picture, but fortunatly i already have one. :)

Edit, now my first name with accent works fine :)

20. Pedro Peguero Jr.
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2014

Pedro Peguero Jr. , Mar 27, 2014 :
    Finally!

I hate having multiple accounts for the same company.

It's like "oh, want to use our store? Sign up! Forums? Become a forum member so sign up! Buying our phone? Easy, sign up and get your phone!"

Awesome guys, looking forward to all of this :)

ghana97 and Alberto Barajas like this.