Introducing OnePlus Snowbots

1. Pym C.
    Europe Team Staff Member Mar 3, 2020

Pym C. , Mar 3, 2020 :
    snowbots forum.jpg

Hi Friends,

Robots are cool... therefore I'm very excited to finally reveal our OnePlus Snowbots! Experience the speed of 5G in the first-ever interactive snowball fight, with people from all over the world. We have built snowball-firing robots that are powered by OnePlus 5G phones, we call them Snowbots. Games start March 9, are you ready?

Game Details:
    The battles start on March 9 at 2 PM Finnish time (12 PM GMT), tune in to our opening ceremony where we kick off with a Humans vs Snowbots showdown. Watch as a team of familiar faces gets pummelled with snow trying to defeat an opposing team controlling the Snowbots. Once we have finally proven who is better, humans or robots, it’s your turn to command the Snowbots!

Our Snowbots never sleep, so the battles will run 24 hours a day until midnight (Finnish time) March 12. All you need is a good WiFi connection (or 5G!) and your phone. You will only be allowed to play once, to give as many people a chance to play. We will have a queue system in place, so if you want to play you will need to have your phone near you ready to jump in! If you are lucky enough to play, you'll take full control of one of our four Snowbots in Lapland. Be sure to turn on screen record and share the action back on here! For more details, head over to oneplus.com/snowbots.

Win a trip to battle the Snowbots :
    The best part is, you can be there with us! We’re taking 18 people with us on this all-inclusive trip to Lapland. Simply comment why you, and a friend, want to battle the Snowbots in person, and you may be lucky enough to join us. To enter you must live in Europe and be able to travel to Finland from March 8 to March 10. The deadline to enter is 11 AM (GMT) March 4. For full terms and conditions, please click here.

Please comment using the template below:
    1. Why I want to experience Snowbots in Lapland:
    2. Who my friend is:
    3. Which European country we’re from:
    Winners will be selected within 24 hours, so be quick!

Check back on this thread, as well as your local social media accounts (#OnePlus5GSnowbots) to see the action unfold.

We can't wait for you to watch the Snowbots fight, and for many of you to have a chance to play.

Never Settle,
    Pym

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020

2. Gaston NP
    Lollipop Moderator Mar 4, 2020

3. Pym C.
    Europe Team Staff Member Mar 4, 2020

Stickied Post
    Pym C. , Mar 4, 2020 :
    UPDATE

Thanks everyone for your entries! We will be in touch with the winners soon. Don't forget that the fun starts 12 PM GMT on Monday March 9.

aris, Dr.Escudero, MosheG1 and 19 others like this.
  4. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 3, 2020

Cheetosdust , Mar 3, 2020 :
    @Pym C. it's a cool idea, now it all makes sense - kinda. :p

Hopefully the technical aspect of it won't give you any trouble.

Good luck to everyone that's going to try and win a trip to Finland, safe flights too.

Pretty sure that doesn't look like snow on the image header, my man. I mean, look at the similarities:

[​IMG]

o_O :rolleyes:

5. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Mar 3, 2020

YRJ , Mar 3, 2020 :
    Wow! This is amazing, @Pym C. Would have been a nice April 1st prank if you wouldn't have made it already. Sounds cool. Hopefully I can get a shot at it.

All the best to everyone.

6. Adam Hoskin
    Cupcake Mar 3, 2020

Adam Hoskin , Mar 3, 2020 :
    Hey Pym! Hope you are doing well from AD² Trying our luck entering another competition! Managed to get my other Adam half involved!!!
    1. Would love to make a stand against the robot uprising! I must protect the human race! Also never been to lapland!
    2. Would love to go with the other half of AD² Adam! Of course another OnePlus owner! We both work coding and design so as all around nerds would love to see how the bots work in person!
    3. Both from the UK (Bournemouth)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020

7. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Mar 3, 2020

gaster , Mar 3, 2020 :
    Well this looks so cool and fun @Pym C. Well done with this idea. Everyone do your best and good luck :)

8. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Mar 3, 2020

9. Krampimp
    Donut Mar 3, 2020

10. biharygergo
    Froyo Mar 3, 2020

biharygergo , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Mar 3, 2020 :
    Why I want to experience Snowbots in Lapland:

I love Finland and have always wanted to visit Lapland. I have spent half a year in Helsinki with Erasmus and have also met the OnePlus team during the "Firetruck" marketing stunt at Aalto University (you can spot my Twitter message in the marketing video! [e]1f601[/e]). It would be awesome to meet the team again, but this time during an epic snowball battle!

Who my friend is:

I would take my twin brother with me, who was too busy to visit me while I was in Finland last year. So, this would solve two problems, he would see Finland and we would both be fighting against the bots!

Which European country we’re from: Hungary, Budapest

11. Starcommander
    Lollipop Mar 3, 2020

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020

12. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Mar 3, 2020

G_plusone , Mar 3, 2020 :
    :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
    Would have Never guessed it was Snowbot fighting.
    I think the bots will defeat humans :p
    Seems like crazy fun :p
    Would love to give it a try :D:cool:

13. bart877ie
    Honeycomb Mar 3, 2020

bart877ie , Mar 3, 2020 :
    Why I want to experience Snowbots in Lapland:
    I want to re-program the Snowbots to race it against the Santa's reindeers's
    Who my friend is:
    I would bring my sister Susi, also member of this forum and OP6 user, she would document everything and publish on her YT channel ;)
    Which European country we’re from: We are living on the real Leprechaun Island called Ireland and constantly looking for that pot full of gold at the end of the rainbow.

14. Louioo
    Honeycomb Mar 3, 2020

Louioo , Mar 3, 2020 :
    Very cool PR around 5G and the OnePlus technology, who says companies aren't fun?!
    1. Why I want to experience Snowbots in Lapland: I want to experience the future of snowball fight technology, so that I can pass on the knowledge to my son so that when he is caught in a snowball war, he can be equipped to win and never settle.
    2. Who my friend is: Bradley, my Brother-in-Law
    3. Which European country we’re from: UK

15. Pranay!
    Froyo Mar 3, 2020

Pranay! , via OnePlus 7 , Mar 3, 2020 :
    Why I want to experience Snowbots in Lapland: Let alone snowbots, I have never seen Snow before! I'd love to get this chance to get this chance of playing with snowbots and of course the snow. I just moved to UK soo still waiting on snow. Can actually enjoy my weekend better.

Who my friend is: My classmate, Jesse.

Which European country we’re from: UK

16. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Mar 3, 2020

camohan , Mar 3, 2020 :
    Snowbots... Haha.. Who could have imagined this... This is thinking out of the box of out of the box.
    Looking forward to see this.

17. Liehjan
    Lollipop Mar 3, 2020

malidan, G_plusone and Dresa91 like this.
  18. Elliro
    The Showcase Reviewer Mar 3, 2020

Elliro , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 3, 2020 :
    I'd love to go to Finland with my SO, as we both love adventuring and exploring new places! We both also love technology and photography so this will be a great time to experience both!

Even though Finland isn't that different from our country Norway, we still believe it will be great fun!

Deactivated User and superplus like this.
  19. Navdeep_Malik
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 3, 2020

G1577558677352 and G_plusone like this.
  20. Mark Falsing
    Jelly Bean Moderator Mar 3, 2020

Mark Falsing , Mar 3, 2020 :
    1. Why I want to experience Snowbots in Lapland: OnePlus events are always awesome so who would want to miss out on that!! Plus I've never been to Finland, and finally I have this inner urge to defeat the Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator Snowbot.
    2. Who my friend is: I would bring the best snowball throwing sidekick of them all Micas
    3. Which European country we’re from: Denmark

22. LefiRex
    Cupcake Mar 3, 2020

LefiRex , via OnePlus 5 , Mar 3, 2020 :
    1. I really love snowball fights and it is an big dream of me to go to skandinavia. I am studying mechanical engineering and i'd love to the see your snowbots. My semester break was pretty boring till now, this event would kill it
    2. my friend Daniel, who's biggest dream is to go to skandinavia
    3.I am from Germany, Bavaria