Introducing our new Gamification System

1. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jul 12, 2020

camohan , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Have tea, keep calm and enjoy the lockdown too...!!

SJBoss, Dresa91 and Tobikage like this.
  2. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 12, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Woahh that anger 🙄

I know it does and I would also like to think they are reading these comments and will take proper steps to see everything is taken care of but then again nothing we can be sure of. Calling someone rookie or something else, I don't see any problem in that to be honest, infact every games makes thier ladder like this too, no one likes to be called rookie that is why they do better to increase their ranks, so isn't that a motivation too?
    Just thinking from a different angle that's it.

3. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 12, 2020

Dresa91 , Jul 12, 2020 :
    yeah, but every change has got positive effects:)
    :D

4. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 12, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Indeed😊

Helder_DAlmeida, SJBoss and Dresa91 like this.
  5. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 12, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Master forgot me:oops:

6. Dresa91

7. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 12, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Only on controversial posts:p:rolleyes:

8. Dresa91

9. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 12, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 12, 2020 :
    You are still active :rolleyes: I'll make sure you have a place in @meatandy 's hall of fame thread but for that you need to stop posting.
    Indeed. See :rolleyes:

the_o2, Helder_DAlmeida and Dresa91 like this.
  10. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Jul 12, 2020 :
    ;)

Helder_DAlmeida and SJBoss like this.
  11. sanjaynag007
    Gingerbread Jul 12, 2020

12. Praju.
    Gingerbread Jul 12, 2020

Praju. , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Congratulations @Amanda W. and the rest of the team for Introducing the new Gamification System i.e. a new shiny medal 🏅 system and a revamped user ladder system based on XP (Experience Points) and RP (Raffle Points).

This would definitely improve the overall user's experience in the community app.

Trista W., Amanda W. and Dresa91 like this.
  13. ilpoheikkilagmailcom , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Sounds great! And just the right timing for me. I registered here 2017 when I was going to buy my first OnePlus. I didn't buy it. Took me 3 years to finally get my first OnePlus: I bought OnePlus 8 a bit over week ago. So I never got in to that old system and now there's going to be this new one.

Trista W. and Amanda W. like this.
  14. Trista W.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Jul 13, 2020

Stickied Post
    Trista W. , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Hi everyone, after going through all your heated discussion here, I can really tell how much attachment you paid to our forums. :sweatsmile:
    At the very beginning, last September, we started our idea of revamping the gamification system as we are paying more attention to this almost forgotten OnePlus product-Community APP. We do realize how flawed it is now and how bad the user experience it can offer, even if we ourselves won't open Community APP quite often. But the truth is that the mobile app is something inevitable and in the trend. We can never achieve a better user experience or develop a sustainable forum with most efforts spent on Web version. Hence, you probably will notice we are steering at APP and we really appreciate all your feedback towards APP. Yes, it has many problems now but we are trying our best to make Community APP a better platform where you are able to dive into all information and knowledge flowing around OnePlus and receive all possible help through a integrated and robust APP.

And about your worries on if we are shifting more focus on content creation and overlooking those tech ninjas, the answer is definitely 'No'. To some extent, I have to admit that I have overlooked this part as I'm not fully aware of this group. But I do see how this group represent the origins of OnePlus Community and definitely will take their contributions into our future plan on gamification. Everything contributing to a healthier and more lively forum is what and where we are looking at.

15. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 13, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Keep creating feedback threads like these and we are here to provide our suggestions and opinions to help making the product better 😊 App is a really handy and also useful for notifications and all, heck even I was a fan of community app, even defended it in the wormhole, but then after every update and every small changes the app kind of broke in small small places and the all over experience downgraded so now I have started using the web version and just open app to gain medals and xp points. I'm sure app can be fixed but again it needs attention but there are lot of things going around already in the community so yeah take your time making the app better and also you guys could just make a community app issues thread and we can provide our feedback and suggestions there or maybe a survey 😊

16. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jul 13, 2020

YRJ , Jul 13, 2020 :
    That's really awesome! The efforts that the community team is making are commendable. More power to you :)

Cakepips, Batman360 and Dresa91 like this.
  17. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 13, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Hi @Trista W. Hope you are safe and healthy:)
    Thanks for your inputs.

I have just a couple of things about you moving the focus on app. First, do not try to push new features in the app. Focusing on fixing it is more important. Let us have few things which work properly, instead of many things which don't work. Once things are fixed, let us introduce new features.
    Second, and I cannot insist any more on this, please do not make it like the Mi or realme community apps. They are quite pathetic. Let us keep the app and forum elegant as it is now.
    It is saddening to see that you even had to admit it. I still believe these guys were the pillars of this community.
    But since you have recognized it, I hope you'll do justice to the "tech ninjas" as you put it.

Trista W., Cakepips, drl431 and 5 others like this.
  18. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 13, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 13, 2020 :
    While that might not be intentional, as some would say, but that seems to be the case. Also a focus on content creation is not the problem but the type of content that is being encouraged is, which is just 2 type "let's have fun" and something that's related to promoting OnePlus products. The Tech side of the forums is non existent at this point.

The idea of the forum was to get a better understanding of what users want from OnePlus products, not promote them. (At least that's what we're told)
    Understandable given you are fairly new to the Community team, older people overlooked their contribution as well.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020

drl431, B_Wrath, Batman360 and 2 others like this.