Introducing our new Gamification System

1. Mr.Smarty
    Gingerbread Jul 10, 2020

Mr.Smarty , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Oh great man...
    You are doing good...
    And one more thing that new member is comming in my oneplus fan family.... yes i am going to purchase oneplus Nord.
    #Fan

Amanda W. likes this.
  2. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jul 10, 2020

camohan , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Yes..

3. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 10, 2020

Dresa91 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    yeah..
    problem is, users open threads with questions, you answer and then you don’t get a feedback...

Trista W., Tobikage, TibiTibi and 4 others like this.
  4. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jul 10, 2020

camohan , Jul 10, 2020 :
    True.. Some kind of cultivating a behavior among thread starter can be thought of..!

5. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    yes:)

Helder_DAlmeida and Batman360 like this.
  6. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jul 10, 2020

dsmonteiro , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Following up on our conversation yesterday, I have to stress again that content creation is only one of the ways to get points and it's not even the mechanism through which you get more points. Using the example you gave, a user that does that can have up to 14 XP per week just by being here. Add the points that you get for best answer, and you'll have even more points.

I don't understand the claim that this system creates class differentiation. Can you share a bit more about your thoughts on this? How often do we hear people calling others "Cupcakes" as a pejorative? Isn't that a bigger class differentiation than what this system sets out to achieve?

7. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 10, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Don't tell me you don't already see a class differentiation here. The writers club thread has a very high chance of getting featured. When was the last time a thread from technology or a post containing a lot of FAQ and bug fixes was converted into a thread and featured here?
    And the claim you have of people calling others cupcake is very less these days. I haven't seen it around in near past.

And you have said you are revamping the best answers. Till that time, won't the creative ones have an upper hand? Will you reset the points again after that?

You still didn't answer my question on how the people who slog it on the update announcement threads will be recognized. My opinion, they are more participative in the forums than most co creators here. These guys are like the subordinates who do the most heavy lifting but the Co creators will steal the limelight again.

8. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    @dsmonteiro, how about hiding the counter for posts and likes?
    I think that this is actually unnecessary, because a "right" solution is independent of the like number or post number of a user.
    Then you don't need this overview anymore, do you?

9. dsmonteiro

No points are being given for co-creation now, but there are points being given for Best Answers, so the point is moot.

Still, we are aware that Writers' Club participants are featured more often and we'll account for that. We want to reward all users that create content to make the community more engaging, not just a few.

I already addressed your point regarding those that are within the announcement threads. Simply put, there isn't an automatized way we can use to identify and award those users as of now, which is not to say that one can't be implemented in the future.

10. dsmonteiro

To see if I understand, do you believe that post and like counter should be hidden from the users' profiles?

11. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    be hidden or even not counted.
    It doesn’t matter for me, especially if you build up a system based on the XP.

12. dsmonteiro

I don't have any particular opinion on that, but there's some merit to your idea. Threads like RNC / Wormhole or game threads tend to inflate post and like count. This is actually one of the reasons why we felt like something like the XP system was needed.

Still, as a user, I would hate to lose my post count and likes. :D

13. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 10, 2020

14. mykol.tan
    Froyo Jul 10, 2020

Trista W. and Dresa91 like this.
  15. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    yeah, but I mean on a WhatsApp or Telegram or Facebook group you don’t have a counter. and people are enjoying time there and helping each other

16. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 10, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 10, 2020 :
    It isn't moot. Will the points given for best answer and Co creation will be equal?
    For some answers, I have put couple of hours of research to find out the exact cause and provide a solution which worked. That post wasn't even awarded the best answer (that is a different subject).
    Glad that something is being thought of about this sore point. Thank you.
    I gave my opinion on it yesterday. I'll quote it again here for easy reference:
    I know it is not right on my part to ask this forum to be strictly a tech forum, but tech should hold an equal status as other categories, which isn't the case currently.

puccellino, the_o2, drl431 and 6 others like this.
  17. dsmonteiro

Stickied Post
    The points you had to use in raffles are now RP. It will not translate into XP.

XP is starting at 0 for everyone, but once we move to the new user ladder, your current user level will be taken into account, getting an amount of XP according to your level so you already advance in the new user ladder.

suhantm, Trista W., the_o2 and 5 others like this.
  18. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 10, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Oh. I understand this system now. I personally don't feel this has any flaws yet. But do you have any rough idea how long will the new ladder implementation take place?

19. dsmonteiro

It is in the sense that neither content creation nor co-creation are being awarded with points at this stage. I was answering to this:
    So, no, the creative ones won't have the upper hand.

Best answer is awarded with +5 XP per best answer. Right now, it's the highest amount we give for anything, as this is one of the areas we hold more dear - users helping other users.

I saw your reply, but that's not automated and it's inherently flawed from my experience. Unfortunately, most polls regarding users tend to be popularity contests within the community. We want to reward helpfulness, not being well-known. A lesser known user that helps should have the same odds as the one that is a very well-known user. With that said, there are mechanics (like Reddit's Gold) that can be considered.

20. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 10, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Hey @Amanda W. @dsmonteiro
    Will there be some improvements in raffles store?
    Currently the biggest problem is the store is more like a place to gamble my points.

Will there be a store which has items which can be "Purchased with raffles" and not "Won with Luck"