1. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 10, 2020

Dresa91 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    and how about the referral store?

2. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 10, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Yeah that needs some changes too.
    The day I started receiving points OnePlus removed the phone and Amazon vouchers 😭😭😭

3. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 10, 2020

Dresa91 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    yeah...

4. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 10, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    I second all this. Please do something. Also, most of the products are out of stock, no gears, no cases for 7Pro, bullets are going out of stock too 🤷🏻‍♂️

5. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2020

fragargon , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Saying this are you referring to trophy point?

6. Dineshk2508
    Eclair Jul 10, 2020

Dineshk2508 , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Good to know OP community actively participate in customer interaction through such platform. this gives a positive note that I can be a OP user for a long time

7. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jul 10, 2020

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Trophy points were vanity points that weren't used for anything. Those are no longer in place.
    The reason why we chose to do this was because these points were terribly unbalanced, with 2014 users that never posted it participated in any way having more points than more recent very active users.

Concurrently, you had "points", also known as "raffle points" that could be used to enter Raffles. This is what's now RP.

8. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 10, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 10, 2020 :
    But it is rarely given out and we know the inherent issues behind the best answer feature. Unless it is sorted out, I am reserving my comments about your viewpoint.
    I meant vote as in how the shot on oneplus photos are voted. The admins, mods and SPEs can vote internally and just announce the winners per month? Maybe select some "technical experts" (like the "photography experts") from the most frequent winners and add them to the panel for future voting?
    These are just some of the ideas from the top of my mind.

After all, most use this forum as technical support. I believe the ones who help out day in and day out should be recognized the same way as the content creators.

rhyd1am, the_o2, drl431 and 6 others like this.
  9. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jul 10, 2020

dsmonteiro , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Time to leave this impromptu AMA, as I have other tasks today that cannot be neglected. I will try to reply some additional queries throughout the weekend.

Thank you for all your feedback, there are certainly many insights to be taken from this.

10. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 10, 2020

Dresa91 and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  12. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2020

GuitarHero0179 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Agree that's its good to move forward as long as it stays equal between the app and the web version and of course after implementation still shows the current progress already made.

I find myself using the web version more than the app as I have been used to it since the beginning

13. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2020

GuitarHero0179 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Totally agree. Although by accident I landed in the US store (wrong location settings) and there the referal program had a 7pro as reward. I did buy some nice stuff with the discount vouchers but would love the return of the phone

Dresa91 and Starcommander like this.
  14. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 10, 2020

Amanda W. and Dresa91 like this.
  15. manojsurya99

manojsurya99 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Are you sure about this?

17. ItsRavi25

18. Moin2200
    KitKat Jul 10, 2020

Dresa91 and SJBoss like this.
  19. manojsurya99

manojsurya99 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Thanks for the information @Amanda W.
    The entire team would have put so much efforts in curating the new system for the betterment of the community. Appreciate all those who are involved in it.
    Few Suggestions from my end:
    a. As discussed with dsmonteiro yesterday, best answer i think is a flawed concept here. When a user comes in and asks a question, when they get the answer through someone, they might simply post a thank you comment and leave, due to many reasons possible. As dsmonteiro said community vote might be a better option but as mohan pointed out it will create duplicate accounts. May be one option is that the user who finds the solution through any answer can vote it as best answer and moderators can verify and approve it.
    b. Though number of posts and likes are no more have the similar importance as earlier, it can be displayed if it's being stored in the DB. Do not remove them like points history. Though I don't remember who's the person, but I remember someone pointing out that @Dresa91 is an inspiration due to his post/like count..
    c. Yesterday in WoHo thread, I saw that there are some pending Raffle Points to be given to the users. Isn't it better to distribute those before we have the transition from the old system to new system. Or otherwise, users might be waiting or get confused when you actually distribute it if you delay. Condusion is what exactly happened yesterday with someone and dsmonteiro had to clarify it.

20. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 10, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 10, 2020 :
    That's history guys. Not a "tech" forum anymore. Make your peace with that.
    But a marshmallow might hit you.