Introducing our new Gamification System

1. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jul 12, 2020

YRJ , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Can you please point out when or where did you particularly notice that?
    Honestly asking. I'm really curious to know.

Currently the club comprises of only 3 people, and we rarely talk about products. Still, 100% of what I post (or anyone else for that matter) they are only my personal opinions. The group mainly focuses on lifestyle topics, so I don't know how and when did we ,inadvertently, promote/advertise anything.

2. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 12, 2020

Tobikage , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Go back and read again....

I mentioned being a member of the writers club as one of the ways of gaining brownie points not specifically advertising.

Need to get off that "OMG someone insulted the writers club" horse. :rolleyes:

3. YRJ

YRJ , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Couldn't care less about it. And there is no such thing either.
    Never took it as an insult.
    Not worried about it either. I was hoping to receive constructive feedback and was only asking because if I was giving a wrong impression with my posts, I wanted to fix that. Do not want for what I write to be misunderstood.

4. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 12, 2020

Ofcourse....whatever you say.

Batman360, Dresa91 and SJBoss like this.
  5. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 12, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Cut the guy some slack, he's just curious :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Alright, first, if you go through the posts in this thread no one has a problem with writers Club and definitely not with any of the current members of it.

It's just the transition from a tech centric forum to something "look we all have fun here and promote our stuff and cult as much as possible" seems to be the problem.

Now you probably want more right? So tell me when was the last time when something other than fun or OnePlus hype stuff was featured in a weekly or was in recommended list? If you manage to find one than here's another question... How often does it happen?

Also the focus on the content creators, mainly photography/videography and no appreciation for people who akchually help keep this forum sturdy and help other users with problems I'd troll 'em for.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020

drl431, puccellino, B_Wrath and 3 others like this.
  6. strafer
    Lollipop Jul 12, 2020

strafer , Jul 12, 2020 :
    I was called "well known member" before I switched to an "ice cream sandwich" and I am interested in switching to a less senseless ranking name but in the end it's of no importance - ranking names don't matter as long as everyone knows what they stand for. There won't be a better system but just another system.

You can call them raffle points, experience points, rubber points, benefit points, ... it doesn't matter, it just a name for points. No one gets experience by logging in and writing "Good morning" somewhere but experience points.
    The Oneplus app is an awful piece of software, it doesn't need new parts which won't work correctly, too. You should establish a point system for your developers first.

drl431, the_o2, puccellino and 6 others like this.
  7. JelleZon
    Lollipop Jul 12, 2020

Helder_DAlmeida and Dresa91 like this.
  8. Rohan.kun
    Donut Jul 12, 2020

Helder_DAlmeida and JelleZon like this.
  9. Amanda W.
    Head of Global Community Staff Member Jul 12, 2020

Amanda W. , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Thanks! I hope we can bring some good changes to the OnePlus app asap.:(

10. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 12, 2020

Ofcourse he is ! He said

11. YRJ

YRJ , Jul 12, 2020 :
    And I fail to understand why that is a problem.
    The effort that the community team is putting in, as I see it, is a move to balance the content across the forums. If someone can click good photos with his smartphone, or record a nice video it deserves recognition.
    Sharing the content and the creative process with others only motivates them to try something similar.
    Out of curiosity, what according to you should the nature of content, being promoted in a tech centric forum be like?

Your concerns are valid. I actually really appreciate the tech ninjas that go out of their way to help people when they are in a pickle.
    In my early forum days, I had almost bricked my OP5, a user went out of his way to help me. First he helped me in the thread, later sent me a direct message and when even that was unfruitful he gave me a call and helped me. (That was almost an hour long call)
    Such people are indeed the unsung heroes of the community. I sincerely hope, that OnePlus can somehow quantify their contribution and give them the recognition they truly deserve.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020

12. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 12, 2020

You do not want to go through the "Suggest the new level names" thread then. :tearsofjoy:

B_Wrath, Batman360, Dresa91 and 2 others like this.
  13. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 12, 2020

Dresa91 , Jul 12, 2020 :
    :tearsofjoy:

14. strafer
    Lollipop Jul 12, 2020

strafer , Jul 12, 2020 :
    :D
    I did and but I'm not sure if there were any less senseless names. Finally they all are synonyms for level steps 1 to 7 so I suggested just that. :) Nobody has to carry a name like cupcake or rookie and nobody is called a wise or experienced member for writing "hello word" thousand times. It's just a member on Level One, Two, ... Seven. It's just a level for getting points for - whatever.

the_o2, puccellino, B_Wrath and 3 others like this.
  15. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Jul 12, 2020

luxuskamel , Jul 12, 2020 :
    There are still uncountable many issues in the app. Sorry to say that, but I don't see me switching anytime soon. The updates always introduce new features but don't bring the features that we are missing. Mobile web is still the best experience

16. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 12, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 12, 2020 :
    I get it, I get it.
    And I neither care enough nor have the patience to walk you through it. So I'll talk about what you do understand, like this
    the active contribution of those users is largely overlooked.

And there are countless people like this some of 'em are so active in update and related threads that we know 'em by their username . Some aren't as active as they used to be @Sun90 @Android450 just to name a few. Their contribution is hardly ever recognised.
    You don't need to balance anything if there's only one type of content :rolleyes:
    *Cough* I Posted something there too *cough*

drl431, Trista W., B_Wrath and 4 others like this.
  17. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jul 12, 2020

camohan , Jul 12, 2020 :
    I'm also against calling someone a rookie or a cupcake.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...r-ladder-win-xp.1255085/page-11#post-21816314

I tried a concept of visually identifying level 1,2,3 without naming anyone. May be you ll like it.

18. YRJ

YRJ , Jul 12, 2020 :
    That's something we all agree with. The community team needs to work on this.
    True. This discussion only leads to dead ends. I'm exhausted too.

19. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 12, 2020

So black is better than white ? :rolleyes:

drl431, SJBoss, B_Wrath and 2 others like this.
  20. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jul 12, 2020

camohan , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Why are you so troubled?

Trista W., SJBoss, Tobikage and 2 others like this.