Introducing: OxygenOS with Google Duo

1. Youssif Mohamed
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2019

Youssif Mohamed , Feb 18, 2019 :
    yeah I guess. anyway thanks man for your advice I won't post pics with numbers again. have a good day and enjoy your OnePlus. BTW do you have a solution for my problem all the replies I received were about the phone number[e]1f601[/e]

MiszterSoul likes this.
  2. MiszterSoul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 18, 2019

MiszterSoul , Feb 18, 2019 :
    Of course.
    It will work only with google duo users, like a viber or whatsapp call.
    If he dont have it, cant call him, simple.

But google duo is free, he can download it, and try that way.

(didnt tried it, op5 have on stable, didnt got this for now, but this is how applications, and other progs work. if you dont have the required program it send the instructions in sms, as you said.)

Youssif Mohamed likes this.
  3. Youssif Mohamed
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2019

yeah I am aware of that but the thing is he has Google duo already installed!

4. MiszterSoul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 18, 2019

MiszterSoul , Feb 18, 2019 :
    Oh, then just big in the matrix. still not stable update for sure. ;)

Youssif Mohamed likes this.
  5. Youssif Mohamed
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2019

thank you for replying though

6. Adv. Rahul Garg
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2019

7. CB1000r
    Froyo Feb 18, 2019

8. kktpsa
    Froyo Feb 18, 2019

kktpsa , Feb 18, 2019 :
    Read this with patience please,
    I have disabled Duo right from before I set up an internet connection to my new 6T. So Duo doesn't appear, and wasn't able to steal my phone book. You will just see an option to write duo invitation SMS to your contacts, that's it.
    Google is so keen to keep track on peoples privacy that they have even approached our Vodafone, Airtel, Jio, and all providers including home internet providers and sponsored high bandwidth to all users (for google sites and products only). So regardless of what speed we are using, we always get high speed upto 5to10mb actual download speed for google products like youtube, Play store, Gmail, maps, search and others. Have you all noticed lately? Even the heavy apps from Playstore get installed within seconds. Their primary motif is to be able to extract and upload all our private data as quick and efficiently as possible. Load advertisements quicker.
    Now they know, with this sponsored bandwidth people will experience fast and real time communication with forced Duo, and more and more users will be miserablly attracted to it.
    Another reason is that they are taking steps to compete with Whatsapp, facebook, skype, and ios FaceTime. This is actually a 3rd reason but they want us to automatically think it as main reason.

9. csrcsr07
    Marshmallow Feb 18, 2019

10. csrcsr07
    Marshmallow Feb 18, 2019

11. vijayanaveen
    Gingerbread Feb 18, 2019

12. davcec
    Gingerbread Feb 18, 2019

davcec , Feb 18, 2019 :
    Bug reported :(

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019

13. Thomas Hasenkam
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2019

Thomas Hasenkam , Feb 18, 2019 :
    One thing with duo I found a bit alarming is, that I have for the past month or so, had a lot of problems with my regular phone function, sound could simply not be moved higher than 30% then the slider in phone calls didn't add anymore volume when increasing it. I made bugs reports and looked outside this forum for solutions, but nothing I could find.

The new slider for sound in ex. YouTube games etc. Was working flawless, actually max volume is to high for my ears.

But phone volume was lacking.

Then yesterday I tried to look at this new duo thing, and found it was set to rule over other apps, I have never made that default.

And when I told it to stop running over other apps and made the force stop action.

Magically my phone volume is now working, if this duo is being implemented and integrated even further into my system with the new software update.

I am even less interested in it now.

Any others who had these problems

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019

14. Yoav Offek
    Froyo Feb 18, 2019

15. Gangadharr
    Gingerbread Feb 18, 2019

16. K1550505314483
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2019

17. vivek__31
    Froyo Feb 18, 2019

vivek__31 , Feb 18, 2019 :
    i don't know wts there in new update but in my 5t i call ppl over duo through my calling app ,,,i mean its already there

18. csrcsr07
    Marshmallow Feb 18, 2019

19. pranavjdesai
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2019

pranavjdesai , Feb 18, 2019 :
    would this work with Google Messages as well? it's not working in my 6t with latest update. It works only with OnePlus Messages and not Google Messages.

20. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Feb 18, 2019

Topper_Gas , Feb 18, 2019 :

Every Android device requires you to set the phone up using a Google account, Google already have all your details hence why we keep get targeted adverts once we visit a retail website etc. If you don't like the likes of Google accessing your data all you can really do is buy a dumb phone, as far as I'm concerned I can live with (& ignore) adverts targeted at me by Google.