Introducing Smart SMS, for a smoother and faster messaging experience

1. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Oct 4, 2019

Manu J. , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Smart SMS.png

Hey everyone,

Are you excited about the new OxygenOS updates specially made for India? We're back with another teaser for you to look forward to.

We can all agree the cluttering of inbox due to the influx of messages every day causes a nuisance. Whether it's OTPs, bank alerts, delivery alerts or promotional messages, looking for the relevant messages takes time and effort. We're here to solve this problem and make your messaging experience smoother and faster.

Introducing Smart SMS, an exclusive feature that presents all the important information in a concise and clear format. Now all your messages will be automatically categorized, making information easier to read and search.

Message.jpg

To sort your messaging, three categories of messages, i.e. OTP, Transactions, and Promotions have been enabled. Bank alerts will automatically appear under Transactions; deals and offers under Promotional, all automatically. When it comes to OTPs, they will be received with a copy and paste option, which can be performed with just a click.

With Smart SMS, all messages will come in a card format, making it easy for you to spot all the necessary information. Still, the original messages can still be viewed by clicking on "View details". All the new features of the SMS app will be enabled by default, saving you the hassle of searching for any information.

Look out for more excitement right here.

Never Settle.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019

2. ManuPoonia
    Froyo Oct 4, 2019

3. abidbunny
    Honeycomb Oct 4, 2019

abidbunny , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Its OTPs

4. rohanxman
    Froyo Oct 4, 2019

rohanxman , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Yeah! Really appreciate the gesture from you guys. It would be great if you gave some info on why most of the people in India are not receiving Android 10 update and when are you planning to rollout to a wider people. @Manu J.

5. FusionBomber
    Gingerbread Oct 4, 2019

6. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 4, 2019

camohan , Oct 4, 2019 :
    We should first learn to stop sharing our personal phone numbers, email ids randomly on internet. But yeah there is no way to completely stop this stupid spam.

Congratulations! OnePlus Team on this feature.

7. sia_0
    Froyo Oct 4, 2019

sia_0 , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 4, 2019 :
    I am pretty excited for this update. There's an app called SMS Organiser which does exactly that. I always wanted these features on the stock app
    When will this update br available btw?

8. realshahz
    Froyo Oct 4, 2019

9. devil112
    Gingerbread Oct 4, 2019

10. Gdsingh94
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 4, 2019

11. HarshKK14
    Gingerbread Oct 4, 2019

HarshKK14 , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 4, 2019 :
    there are too many bugs in the android 10 build. I have been using android 10 since last 12 days and have encountered way too many bugs. these bugs are not game changers, but yeah, they will influence your daily usage. Automatic brightness, navigation gesture, bottom bar, video forward in Chrome, ram management, battery drainage, and many more issues that I encountered. Still it was fun using the new update. The phone is laggy and slow, but feels fresh.

Parthis14, YogieKmr and rohanxman like this.
  12. vsdeepak05
    Froyo Oct 4, 2019

14. rohitanand
    KitKat Oct 4, 2019

rohitanand , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Smart SMS sounds an interesting and promising upgrade.... :rolleyes:

Why it is only India specific though... I wonder o_O

udaykn05 and Bouncer71 like this.
  15. B_Wrath
    Nougat Oct 4, 2019

B_Wrath , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Because we Indians LOOOOOOOOOOOVVEEEE bloat!:p

16. Batman360 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Because in India promotion and spam messages are off the charts and the amount of OTPs we get in a day are limitless, so yeah that's why India based for now.

sawrub and L1511977698846 like this.
  18. rohitanand
    KitKat Oct 4, 2019

rohitanand , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Seems plausible...
    Just checked my message box after a long time and I can clearly see messages from every single e-commerce website I've made purchase or even registered in last 100 years. Offers from florist, supermarket, insurance providers, debit card, credit card and what not... and a legion of OTPs... :eek:

19. B_Wrath
    Nougat Oct 4, 2019

B_Wrath , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Though this smart SMS app seems helpful for the masses, I am worried about the other bloats in the name of cricket scores etc, which are part of the India specific features.

rohitanand likes this.
  20. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Oct 4, 2019