Introducing the Community Wall

1. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Dec 3, 2017

David Y. , Dec 3, 2017 :
    Hi friends,

You might have heard a thing or two about the the Community Wall we’ve been working on. From a concept on paper to a massive wall right in the middle of OnePlus HQ, our goal with the Community Wall is to represent the voice of our community, while showing off all of the interesting stuff you guys have created. We’re very excited about this idea, and you guys will love it as much as we do. Today is the day we’re officially introducing the Community Wall to all of you, the people who have helped write the history of OnePlus.

And here she is, the very first version of the Community Wall.

IMG_9127.jpg

[C1] wow i really like that idea.png [C2] awesome to see active development! many kisses.png [C3] accepting ‘not perfect’ is not easy.png [C4] thanks for the quick fix.png [C5] #letusvibrate!!!! omg it's actually happening.png [P1]-the-little-girl.jpg [P2]-diving.jpg [P3]-finland.jpg [P4]-rome.jpg [P5]-ice-cream.jpg [P6]-moderators.jpg

(Above posters’ content were shared by Community members @luxuskamel , @youbi , @jkb114 , @G_Sergiu_Iacob_SPrU , @Brian Yoon ^^ , @xSilv , @Emiknott , @nuuka , @Geohyde , @JelleZon, including our best memories from the Mod Event. They are just the tip of the iceberg of the community's awesomeness.)

We’ve always emphasized the importance of the OnePlus community to us. All of our products are created together with our community. And all the reviews from The Lab event once again prove that the power of community is unlimited. Undoubtedly, much more precious feedback will make its way onto our Wall.

You guys are the perfect place to start, of course. Do you have any recommendations? Interesting comments, awesome content, most-asked or loudest feedback… your recommendation might just be shared at OnePlus HQ. Feel free to tag all of your suggestions with hashtag #CommunityWall, we’ll mark them in our consideration list! (or, if you prefer the old-fashioned way, just send us a letter lol.)

I know Thanksgiving is over. However, I really want to give a BIG shout-out to everyone who always gives us honest and precious feedback on the OnePlus brand or our products (or even our young community team), to our awesome Mod team and Community Experts , to our friends in the Wormhole, and to our teammates at OnePlus ( @Chris dB and @Ruby G. are the unsung heroes! ). We’re completely devoted to making this community better. We simply can’t thank you enough.

Lastly, before I end this post, I‘d like to share the preface of the Wall.

What’s the secret ingredient to everything we do?
    Hardware and software alone
    are not what make OnePlus special.
    The reason we think of OnePlus as a family
    instead of a company is our Community.
    Around the world, countless OnePlus users
    login to our forums every morning
    to share feedback, discuss the latest tech,
    and help new users find their way in the world of OnePlus.
    Transcending time zones, cultures, and age,
    the Global Community lies at the heart of everything we do.

Thank you, and enjoy the best of the weekend.

2. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Dec 3, 2017

3. keithnyc
    Lollipop Moderator Dec 3, 2017

4. keithnyc
    Lollipop Moderator Dec 3, 2017

keithnyc , Dec 3, 2017 :
    ... Who's that little cutey in the pink top? Adorable Overload [e]2122[/e]

idkwhoiam322, Punk_69, rarog and 2 others like this.
  5. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Dec 3, 2017

Shivang Joshi , Dec 3, 2017 :
    I would love to see this community grow, but I really wish that the Team listens to the Community Voice much more, as many things are not noticed(Or maybe ignored by the Team)

So, I do hope that gets better with time[e]1f525[/e][e]270c[/e]️

6. Shivalik Naik
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2017

7. NovinDavis
    KitKat Dec 3, 2017

NovinDavis , Dec 3, 2017 :
    This is really cool.. Donald Trump should take inspiration from this Great wall :)

ClarkNarvas likes this.
  8. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 3, 2017

pablofg1978 , Dec 3, 2017 :
    Looks really good! I would like to see also some works of of the different designs contests from last years, like the sticker contest :p:D

idkwhoiam322, Punk_69, rarog and 4 others like this.
  9. MrHari_theCarguy
    Jelly Bean Dec 3, 2017

MrHari_theCarguy , Dec 3, 2017 :
    appreciate it a lot,by the way i really would love OnePlus to consider providing stereo speakers in your next phone, doubling the earpiece as the secondary speaker might be a good try #NeverSettle

10. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2017

G_plusone , Dec 3, 2017 :
    He's already inspired to build the wall from The Great Wall of China

11. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Dec 3, 2017

12. pwseo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2017

pwseo , Dec 3, 2017 :
    Oh oh, I know this one! It's lies and deceit.

Discoverdose and G_plusone like this.
  13. moskito99
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2017

moskito99 , Dec 3, 2017 :
    Listen to your community and fix the dual lens camera for low light pictures as a start...

I1510958445964 likes this.
  14. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2017

Mr. BG , Dec 3, 2017 :
    [​IMG]

Is this also the wall of silence you guys hide the complaints about the Oneplus 2, X and other critical acclaims behind?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017

OALEXANDER, pwseo, G_plusone and 6 others like this.
  15. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Senior Moderator Dec 3, 2017

pipecpa, OALEXANDER, pa5t1s and 4 others like this.
  16. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Dec 4, 2017

17. Plenkske
    Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 4, 2017

ChrisTerp and script like this.
  18. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Dec 4, 2017

Mr. BG , Dec 4, 2017 :
    I still have it, that was the height of the community.

Good memories, there was a good balance with people from all over the world, and a great sense of togetherness.

Still miss him, although we stay in touch, and @barb and so many other great members that helped build the community.

I'm still hoping things will get out of the downward spiral. The balance is gone.

19. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 4, 2017

youbi , Dec 4, 2017 :
    Great Job @David Y.

[​IMG]

That wall looks awesome. :hearteyes: And it should surely be a great way of remind everyone from the HQ office that in the end they are working for the community and that they should never stop listening to us. ;)

20. OALEXANDER
    Indian POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 4, 2017

OALEXANDER , Dec 4, 2017 :
    Duck Mod @DRCH :)

DRCH, rarog, pa5t1s and 2 others like this.