Introducing the OnePlus 3T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. venkataravi
    Jelly Bean Nov 17, 2016

venkataravi , Nov 17, 2016 :
    They are going to release Oneplus 4 with SD 830, 8GB RAM, 3500 mah battery sometime next year, then in another 6 months improved version of SD 831 will come, that's going to be Oneplus 4T with 3600 mah battery, story goes on. I' still happy with my Oneplus one..

2. Xeph20
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 17, 2016

Xeph20 , Nov 17, 2016 :
    Brexit brah

3. Observingbot
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2016

Observingbot , Nov 17, 2016 :
    Disappointed...
    Oneplus is keep braking it's promises
    They said it'll only one phone per year and now they're introducing there "T" series.
    And they're keep increasing their prices
    In no time it'll reach 500-600 usd and then it'll be no difference between Apple, Samsung and Oneplus

bjorg18 likes this.
  4. rancylk
    Eclair Nov 17, 2016

rancylk , Nov 17, 2016 :
    By the released of the Op3T I was jealous reading the specs , I have my Op3 from September and I am enjoying the Dash the design.....etc.
    So I had a crazy Dream tonight,I received The Op3T updated OTA. ))))
    sounds crazy right!!!

oh if that could be real .....

5. srgank
    Froyo Nov 17, 2016

srgank , Nov 17, 2016 :
    I just bought Oneplus3 and now Oneplus say they won't sell Oneplus3 anymore. They will sell only Turbo version. What about software updates? Will the development keep on going on the oneplus3? Or only on the Turbo version? I will be really dissapoionted if so

6. matthkang
    Honeycomb Nov 17, 2016

matthkang , Nov 17, 2016 :
    I can only assume with the release of the 3T and the discontinuation of 3 productions, that the making of the 3 was a mistake. How can we, your user base, have confidence that your phones are to the highest standard when brought to the market?

patrice58, sochaux_ and Sameer009 like this.
  7. nigelhealy
    KitKat Nov 17, 2016

nigelhealy , Nov 17, 2016 :
    There are plenty of people who liked the better battery life of the OPO who have been waiting and the OP3T with the bigger battery may be then the threshold for them to buy.

I have the OP2, I side-graded from the OPO because I wanted a smaller phone and the OP3 isn't really any smaller after you add a case (OP2 you removed the backplate).

I'm seeing, basically, immature childish sulking going here about the fact the technology improvements mean you are either using old tech or spending money on new tech. New phones come out all the time and in between new phones there are bug fixes and performance tuning. We each decide what phone we will buy today and from the moment we receive we are trading having the better phone in our hand than the one we had before for the fact there's always something better out within weeks/months.

To criticise OnePlus for improving products is dumb. Get over it. Oh and its past your bedtime so did mummy give you permission? Take your thumb out your mouth and oh, do you have the overnight pull-ups on?

Root, mcfeti, racerx67 and 1 other person like this.
  8. azeez4901
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 17, 2016

azeez4901 , Nov 17, 2016 :
    some of the modders and oneplus fan boys/girls seem not to believe that oneplus 3 will go down in sales and support. i got spiked for saying it too.. but i am a factual person.. and i already can calculate how oneplus3 will go.. they have apparently stopped sales in UK for the op3. the users will come down and then they will treat it same way as they treated 1+1 1+2.... evident from Oneplus history. it seems onePlus made a good habit of playing around with their customers.. yes obviously if i could spare the money and if my dad was a millionaire, wouldn't be a problem.. but there is a portion of the community who buy it because its what we call "affordable-good-device" and it was this part of the community that took the plunge for a completely new chinese company in good faith of a lot of promises. but hey...money is not enough.. carl is human.. greed changes everything. I have stopped trusting OP.. and the OP3 is my last OnePlus device.

no i am not butthurt because they made a new device.. I am butthurt because its going to loose developer support and even OOS will be yearly 1 update or 2.. example? see OP1 OP2. and now OP3.

yesterday i read, Carl is a firm believer of Karma sort of things and given his background and culture, its the norm,.. i hope he remembers that. and read about this year's flagship note 7 by samsung.. a company who had abused its customers in more than one way.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016

9. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Nov 17, 2016

Scherpenseel , Nov 17, 2016 :
    If 5 people need it, doesn't mean they have to add it so that the phone get's more expensive again. This phone is still about good specs for a good price, so we don't want to add useless expensive features that only a couple of people need. Also Carl has already mentioned that he doesn't see the need for waterproof phones so might as well stop asking it.

10. nigelhealy
    KitKat Nov 17, 2016

nigelhealy , Nov 17, 2016 :
    I'm on the OP2 still which hasnt have an official ROM update since August 22nd. So? I'm on a custom ROM.

My Nexus 4,5,7 stopped getting official ROMs support. So? i'm on a custom ROM.

My Nexus 4 has a ROM built to current November Nougat 7. I don't need official ROM support. What I need is OnePlus to have opensource drivers and kernel so the XDA dev community can support.

ivan123456 likes this.
  11. Sameer009
    Froyo Nov 17, 2016

Sameer009 , Nov 17, 2016 :
    hey @Carl can u at least tell us why after bragging so much about op3 being ur best phone on all social media and reviews you decided to dump it? plzzz can u address us regarding this thing so we can know if there is any fault in our phones that u abandoned ur best phone in just 6 months !!

12. biggreen
    Froyo Nov 17, 2016

biggreen , Nov 17, 2016 :
    Now available to preorder on o2. Contract only and 418/456 quid RIP oneplus

malidan likes this.
  13. malidan
    Nougat Nov 17, 2016

malidan , Nov 17, 2016 :
    Nah greed or a little issue i've been told about in the UK.
    It makes no odds cause I ain't buying at price and compared to the competition.
    They couldn't even be bothered to redesign the thingo_O

patrice58 and ilovesoneplus like this.
  14. Peteski30
    Eclair Nov 17, 2016

Peteski30 , Nov 17, 2016 :
    This is my first post here, I just bought a oneplus 3 based on a friend's recommendation, and also because it seemed like a company doing something special churning out top end phones at a low price.
    Firstly I'm obviously dissapointed there's a new phone out two months after I bought mine, but what concerns me more is reading all these comments about previous devices getting no updates, my phones already second best in your line and soon to be third, updates are already snails pace so can see this unit being obsolete in six months based on other people's posts.

Also I bought this phone straight from your website, whilst the new phone is supposed to be exclusively stocked at o2, stupid questions so can I no longer buy a handset directly from your website, and instead will need to buy an o2 version and get it unlocked?

I'm no techy wizard people just voicing my concerns. I think the lack of updates for past phones is enough to make the OP3 my first and last with yourselves, and I love the phone.

Sameer009 likes this.
  15. Peteski30
    Eclair Nov 17, 2016

16. ThiboDM
    Froyo Nov 17, 2016

ThiboDM , Nov 17, 2016 :
    The oneplus one is still my daily driver but im going to upgrade to the oneplus 3t, would be great no? I can't wait until it comes out in Europe #Hyped

17. Futurefone
    Eclair Nov 17, 2016

18. Robxxx7
    KitKat Nov 17, 2016

Robxxx7 , Nov 17, 2016 :
    keep pushing that price up ..... hopefully less and less suckers buy it ... then we can get back to what the OP was originally about ... and at a price to match ...

meatandy and Sameer009 like this.
  19. Sameer009
    Froyo Nov 17, 2016

Sameer009 , Nov 17, 2016 :
    One plus 3 is a great phone and its not bad that company is bringing in new and improved devices (op 3t) but i also have the same problem as you. I am not disappointed to see a new device but one plus is not good in keeping it's promise. As u can see what happened with op3 and as soon as they launch a new device they forget the old one. I am concerned that's going to happen to op3 now moreover after hearing that the phone is going to be discontinued. There is no support for op2 and x that are still selling in the market so hw can we rest assured that our one plus 3 will receive regular updates. While buying the phone i thought that i would receive regular support at least till op4 comes out but they have already discontinued the phone. I think buying any further devices from one plus will be a risk. Who can say that they won't release a op4t after they release op4?

Peteski30 likes this.
  20. Peteski30
    Eclair Nov 17, 2016

Peteski30 , Nov 17, 2016 :
    You've waited this long, better off wait till one plus 4 and hope the company sees sense after this and goes back to yearly releases, at least then you can brag longer than two months like I had haha

Sameer009 likes this.