Introducing the OnePlus 5T

1. lutti
    KitKat Nov 16, 2017

lutti , Nov 16, 2017 :
    At least the price was not pushed up that much this time. I have to say i have my doubts about 5T but at least it looks better than 5 so far.

stephenboyo likes this.
  2. stephenboyo
    KitKat Nov 16, 2017

stephenboyo , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Lol it's already on the OP3, 3T and 5

3. stephenboyo
    KitKat Nov 16, 2017

stephenboyo , Nov 16, 2017 :
    True it's a cuter version of the OP5 but it still looks a bit lacklustre to me. I'm not convinced about the 5T. , the Note 8 is still my dream phone or next year's Note 9. I only wish Samsung sufficiently differentiates the note 9's design from the S9. Still happy with my OP3 and not tempted yet lol

4. Mahesh Cheemalapati
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2017

Mahesh Cheemalapati , Nov 16, 2017 :
    One Plus should introduce an upgrade program so that users can upgrade to the newer versions released. As they always release the new phone only few months after the release of the One Plus 5.

5. xeno83
    Eclair Nov 16, 2017

xeno83 , Nov 16, 2017 :
    You forget about US Taxes...

6. Jumpi1234
    Jelly Bean Nov 16, 2017

7. marinobiagio
    KitKat Nov 16, 2017

8. xeno83
    Eclair Nov 16, 2017

xeno83 , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Why? Did you ever buy a graphic-card for your computer? This is how tech-cycles work. New, fancy stuff - increasing prices. Just slightly better options - same price or, if production costs could be cut down, slightly cheaper prices.

Man up! This is just tech-business and as fair as it can be.

Sandeepcs256 likes this.
  9. joshruns
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2017

joshruns , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Cool introduction today. Just wondering a bit why a company wouldn't want to make the phone available for purchase today.

10. Ben
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2017

Ben , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Gutted. This is what I wanted from the 5 first time round :-(

Guess it's not worth going for the new release next, just hold off for the 6T!

11. Abdul_Ojud_Prince
    Froyo Nov 16, 2017

12. lutti
    KitKat Nov 16, 2017

lutti , Nov 16, 2017 :
    For my experience samsungs look good on the outside but the os is just a puzzle with so much unnecessary apps that i really can't see going back to using a samsung anymore. The pricing of OnePlus has gone up from the perfect One 100% now and you get less today compared to the competition than you got with One that was better than anything else out at the time. So even though OnePlus has still the cheaper flagship status it's not that much away from the competition that it would actually stand out that much. I have 3T so if i'm not going completely crazy in a year i'm going to upgrade to 6T next or something else hopefully available. Still the 5T looks nice even though i wouldn't want to go for the on-screen buttons.

13. tokektokek
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2017

tokektokek , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Looks like a nice phone. I have the OnePlus 5 and am very happy with it, so I expect that the 5T is good as well

14. Senti3nt
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2017

15. inviteless
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2017

inviteless , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Good job OnePlus. Great phone for a good price. With the student discount even better:)

16. milind.bishen
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2017

milind.bishen , Nov 16, 2017 :
    I'm curious about face recognition....... as one competitor is very proud of their face unlock feature.

17. butterzone
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2017

butterzone , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Expect this feature in the next 'new' flagship model in 4 months time.

18. ibressem
    Donut Nov 16, 2017

19. subaash
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2017

subaash , Nov 16, 2017 :
    The experience of buying a one plus device. first four months I feel good can it's a flagship and you tend to expect future updates. After 5 months when they release another similar flagship with a Turd I feel so shitty because now my phone value drops and uncertainty of the updates and overall one plus fragmented their own line of device and will eventually stop updating them when they release op6 and they will say this is the last update..how shitty is that feeling. I think I'm gonna move to Apple. I agree it's expensive but they have a very long life span and the resell value is much more higher compare to android. Last Android phone that I'll own is op5 and then sayonara moving to Apple. @OnePlus you guys do know how to screw people ..

20. subaash
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2017

subaash , Nov 16, 2017 :
    that's a normal android face recognition. they just tweaked the algorithm to unlock the facial recognition faster..that's about it. it's not using a 3d depth sensor which is way more secure. this can be cracked using an image ..