Introducing the OnePlus 6T!

1. Akimbas
    Donut Oct 30, 2018

Akimbas , Oct 30, 2018 :
    I was really hyped for the event, to see both the presentation and the new oneplus 6T.

I have to say I was dissapointed by the overall presentation. When the founder came and gave a speech, it was understandably ok: while his english was hard to understand he seemed to speak sincerely and therefore it was interesting to listen what he had to say. The next guy who came is what I could only call a disaster - no optimism, no energy at all and overall it felt like for him it was 'lets get this over as soon as we can'. I hate Apple phones, but none will deny that they know how to present, even ir they hype their products too much. Really big contrast between these two presentations.

OnePlus 6T to me seemed something that sacrificed practicality over aesthethics. The notification led is gone, fingerprint sensor needs full brightness to accurately get fingerprint in night, headphone jack is gone. Big minus that now screen needs to be on, if you want to unlock with fingerprint scanner. With such a huge body screen ratio, the phone definitely looks really nice, but it seems like it could break really easily if dropped.

I have OnePlus 3T and it's a beast, - it looks great and the aesthethics don't get in the way of practicality. Still have my ultra fast fingerprint scanner on the front, my notification led is not going anywhere, headphone jack is working as fine as anytime Arguably the ract that there is no notch is also a plus. Are you 100% sure that these features are what most of the community is willing to sacrifice?

Looking at 6T, it would be interesting to try the gestures and the immersive screen, but.. I would most likely would not trade my 3T for 6T, let alone buy it for 549€. To be honest I was sure my next phone would be OnePlus, but I am not so sure now. Will wait for 7/7T.

With Never Settle manifesto, I expected some innovation from you guys: maybe smaller version of the phone, maybe a tablet (10-12 inch tablet with oxygen os would be a killer), but received nothing or the sort. Maybe for oneplus 7 presentation?

I'm sure you guys put effort into all of this, but I can't help feeling that this time you shot yourselves in the foot. Time will show.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018

2. Daniel_Skultety
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

Daniel_Skultety , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Sooo, in order to use the fingerprint sensor I have to press power button or double tap the screen first? Doesn't seem like unlocking with any kind of speed..

Anyway, I am extremely happy with my 5, and I really want to remain an OP fan, but it is harder and harder with every iteration of the phone..
    Within the past 3-4 iterations, we have lost the jack, the notification LED, the usefulness of second back camera sensor and few bucks (which I don't mind as long as there isn't something like PocoF1 around.. wait a minute?!).
    At the same time we got some degree of water resistance and now in-displayed FP. Sorry if I missed something, it's too early in the morning..
    Design went from Apple's copycat to Oppo's copycat, except for the frosted back, and even that one went wrong this time (or at least inside out).
    Sure there were major software changes, like treble and face unlock, etc., but should we settle with those?
    BTW, how is Widevine L1 doing in 6T?
    Still no IR or MirrorLink. USB remained 2.0. I don't care that much about wireless charging at all, but community ask for it. Soo where is this spirit I jump for on this train? I'm still trying, but again skipping this one..

3. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Oct 30, 2018

meatandy likes this.
  4. BYG BYRD
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2018

5. AnunciPronunci
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2018

AnunciPronunci , Oct 30, 2018 :
    The 6T looks great but the removal of the notification LED is a bit of a shame. Could OnePlus use software to use a pixel in the corner of the AMOLED display to achieve the same result.

Emines007 likes this.
  6. BYG BYRD
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2018

BYG BYRD , Oct 30, 2018 :
    If you miss Paul Walker.. You are a Gay...??!

Tell me bro

7. C1535652256335
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

C1535652256335 , Oct 30, 2018 :

A1540479943170

How about the new low-light HDR and light portrait mode of the Oneplus 6T? Is there a software update planned to get those features at the Oneplus 6 too?

Overall a great phone​

I wish a software update will be there!

A1540479943170 likes this.
  8. BYG BYRD
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2018

BYG BYRD , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Bro they have delayed the update for oneplus 6 to Add night mode for Camera by Google

and Gesture 2.0 might be confirmed in next update ...so Hang on and follow me.[e]1f60a[/e]

Danielarr45 and A1540479943170 like this.
  9. Kartik_misc
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

Kartik_misc , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Can anybody make me understand why this launch event was needed? I mean everybody knows what is coming and those are not rumors rather straight away coming from One Plus ..Amazon has started taking preorder before product got officially launched!!! So why this launch event needed? And second question..how different OP6T is different than OP6 in terms of speed? They both use the 845 chip!!! Am I missing something?

10. Kartik_misc
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

Kartik_misc , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Taking care of us!! Really!!!! If they have given any importance to the voice of community as they love to mention in each event, then they would not have removed headphone jack!!!! This is just one example out of many that no company in this planet would take care of it's customers/community, than the company itself...

11. G1523380842892
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

G1523380842892 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Oneplus has great phones but the in glass fingerprint scanner in Oneplus6t is very slow and fregile in the dark.The back fingerprint scanner should have been idle and more reliable and The removal of Headphone Jack has got me thinking of not buying it because nothing can replace the original jack.This has to come back.

12. G1523380842892
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

G1523380842892 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    please bring back the headphone jack in the next phone. This trend has to end .Its a deal breaker for me at least.

13. Liehjan
    Lollipop Oct 30, 2018

Liehjan , Oct 30, 2018 :
    In what way is the 6 better exactly? :rolleyes:

14. Liehjan
    Lollipop Oct 30, 2018

Liehjan , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Once it's gone, it's gone forever...:(

15. Vatsal Mehta
    Donut Oct 30, 2018

Vatsal Mehta , Oct 30, 2018 :
    It is not .
    Instead go for OP6 .It has headphone jack and the fingerprint sensor at the back is much more efficient than the new technology of onscreen figngerprint

skhaan likes this.
  16. Liehjan
    Lollipop Oct 30, 2018

Liehjan , Oct 30, 2018 :
    If you watch this video, you will see there is simply no space for the headphone jack.. I take a bigger battery and a UDF-reader any day, instead of the 3.5mm jack if i had to choose.

17. ndarshan7
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

18. Liehjan
    Lollipop Oct 30, 2018

Liehjan , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Wasn't this offer Verizon only?

EDIT: Never mind, I remembered wrong. found your later post with the T-Mobile link.:)

19. Liehjan
    Lollipop Oct 30, 2018

Liehjan , Oct 30, 2018 :
    I would call it more like sweat proof, not water resistant.. Would not dip it in water without a true IP-certification, and even with a certification. I would not risk the warranty by watching YouTube in the shower :D

20. ledsled
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2018

ledsled , Oct 30, 2018 :

They release other colours one or two months after the phone launch so they can regenerate the hype at that time. And i hate them for this.