Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

2. sriram997
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

3. Umasankar Metta
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

4. G_jonny_cool_nxOr
    Jelly Bean Oct 31, 2018

G_jonny_cool_nxOr , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Oneplus is a company which Launches first phone in the year with latest Processors .. So if they are gonna use 855 snap processor than it will be 100% 5G enabled .. If they wont use a 5G processor than Customers will buy other companies smartphone having 5G

5. matty2104
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2018

matty2104 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Hey guys,
    after patiently reading entire thread, I'd like to share my two cents :)
    I am loyal user of OnePlus since they introduced first model. Then I had two OP2's and stayed with OP3 until now. The main reason to stay with OP3 was front-facing fingerprint reader (I hate phones with rear one, just my experience, escpecially in the car it is annoying). After some time, it was getting clearer, that if I wanted the FPR back in front, it will be in display, thanks to current bezeless designs. And I anticipated, it will be in the OP6. All right, the wait for OP6T is not that crucial, I can wait for half a year.

And it is here!!! Finally, the day of keynote has arrived. And the anticipation, excitement as well. After reading all the comments here, it made me think a bit. and here is a my thought after some time.

OP3 is still a great phone for me, but since almost every phone for the past 7 years were second-handed (even though I was owner fot most of the warranty time), it is time for me to upgrade. If I would like to wait for yet another upgrade, I would never buy anything.
    - IPxx - OP3 was never meant to be water resistant and I really don't care for that in any device. I treat my devices with respect and don'ť mean to go swimming with them. I have Suunto sports watch for that purposes.
    - In-display fingerprint reader - this is what I've been waiting for a long time. It will be among first phones to have it. Of course it will need some tweaking over time, but the tech is amazing. And it is BACK IN FRONT!!!!
    - 3,5 mm jack - I am a sports enthusiast. Some time ago, I adapted to BT headset because of its convenience and actually, wirelessness. I am no audiophile, I still enjoy quality audio stream and I get it (and I use BT headset for about 40USD, no premium ones). Even with OP3. There is no way OP6T will be worse. I use Jack maybe once in 2 months and why not to pack dongle with my favourite headphones, it the pouch?

BTW - do you remember what feature was missed in OnePlus 2? NFC...would you think it would come back? They said, that community did not needed it at that time, since there was almost no use for it. Was it missed for a long time? It came back pretty soon. So please, do not miss Jack, until confirmed it will not be present in OP7 and 7T.

- Stereo speakers - when I want to play music or video, I use BT headphones or JBL speaker...no actuall need for that in phone.
    - DASH charge - just love it and I'm glad I will have two chargers now :-D
    - QI - since I charge my phone every day on my way to/from work in car, battery lasts for me long enough. And there is no need to buy more and more chargers.
    - LED notification - this is actually what I stumbled upon just few days back. It didn't occur to me that they could get rid of somthing that small and convenient. It is a bit of a disappointment, but nothing terrible. I have my phone always in my pocket or within eye-sight, so I can glimpse any change. Aside from that, I am always wearing MiBand 2 or smartwatch/sportstracker, so any notification is there as well. And as far as I remember, there are many ways how to check notifaction on display, even hands-free. There was a "hand wave over the display" intruduced a long time ago. Do you remember how Apple dealt with lack of LED? They just flashed camera flash. There are lots of apps on GPlay Store right away. And IMHO OnePlus team will come up with their own handy solution.

All in all, I will be among firsts to order OP6T, when EU sale starts on Tuesday. Can't wait.

P.S.: how long do you think it would take devs, to get 6T rooted? :-D

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018

6. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 31, 2018

meatandy , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Are you talking about the screen setting or camera setting?

7. Bobotech
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

Bobotech , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Well i have been a tech reviewer and running a blog. I want to start vlogging and nothing better then one plus 6t to be my first device. I have no idea how to get my hands on the review unit. Kindly help me with the information how i can get my review unit so that i can start with the unboxing and then reviewing the phone. Also i might do the scratch test and drop test

8. G_Ciprian_Mihai_CfCD
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2018

G_Ciprian_Mihai_CfCD , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I just filled the form on the oneplus website and for a oneplus 6 8gb +128 gb the estimate resell value is 100 UK pounds. That is far from the 300 usd you are talking about.

9. PlanetLavender
    Donut Oct 31, 2018

PlanetLavender , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Loved the launch, I can't wait to get my hands on the 6T. Getting mine through T-Mobile so I hope they have them in stock tomorrow!

10. G_Anupam_Mishra_OAHZ
    Donut Oct 31, 2018

11. H1537204649082
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

12. Emines007
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 31, 2018

13. G_Anupam_Mishra_OAHZ
    Donut Oct 31, 2018

14. Adesh Agrahari
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

Adesh Agrahari , Oct 31, 2018 :
    No headphone jack!! That's really enough for me to not buy the next OnePlus phones! I really don't care about the in display fingerprint or the larger battery and many users will agree with me! Bring the jack back! I don't want OnePlus to make the mistakes iPhone people did! I mean we used to laugh on them for carrying an adaptor for listening to music via normal headphones!

15. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 31, 2018

Are you satisfied with the fingerprint scanner and like the device over all?

16. Emines007

Emines007 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    As far very satisfied. Fingerprint scanner works very good. Need to hold my thumb a bit longer than on the previous s8 scanner but it is not a problem really. Is fine. Just as MKBHD mentioned fingerprint icon is on max brightess and in dark room is a bit bright. Face unlock is amazing fast.

Overall great.. Transfering all data from my s8 by oneplus switch just now. Very helpful tool. Dont need to send everything to pc and the back to op6t.

meatandy likes this.
  17. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 31, 2018

Glad you're happy , Switch is always helpful as well.

18. Menasheh
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Oct 31, 2018

Menasheh , Oct 31, 2018 :
    What if you are paying in full upfront? he just said if you are making EIP payments.

19. devmittal29
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2018

devmittal29 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    it's always there with OnePlus phones

20. bp328i

bp328i , Oct 31, 2018 :
    You still have to have it active on their Network for 40 days. If you're paying in full for it upfront there really is no reason to buy through T-Mobile.