Introducing the OnePlus 7 Series

1. EABowden Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2019

EABowden, May 15, 2019 :
    I'd stick with your 5T unless it's broken. The 7Pro is a brick at 206g, and the curved screen is not fit for purpose.

macemoneta likes this.
  2. pdarshan11 Cupcake May 15, 2019

pdarshan11, May 15, 2019 :
    This is incredible, I am currently using a OnePlus 3 which my mom got for me and for herself, I can't even imagine how I would react if I won that OnePlus 7 Pro. I'm very excited for the launch [e]1f64c[/e].

3. EABowden Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2019

EABowden, May 15, 2019 :
    India doesn't have a 5G network. Why would you buy a 5G-enabled phone!?

4. Leslie Ryan Cupcake May 15, 2019

Leslie Ryan, May 15, 2019 :
    5G network will be available in the mid of 2019 so

5. Yinlarin Cupcake May 15, 2019

Yinlarin, May 15, 2019 :
    I must say I am disappointed. The OP7 pro is an amazing phone, but the mechanical parts were an intentional turn off for me. I was very excited to get the normal OP 7 however, but alas it seems this is not coming to the US. Shame, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

6. crazycatlady Donut May 15, 2019

crazycatlady, May 15, 2019 :
    And that is your opinion to which you are entitled. But I really like the 7 and as far as I've seen, the camera is much better. Also, I have a note 8 with curved screen and it doesn't bother me at all. I guess is down to personal taste. You can stick with whatever you sport now, but I can't wait to get my hands on that 7 pro [e]1f601[/e]

EABowden likes this.
  7. EABowden Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2019

EABowden, May 15, 2019 :
    Not a hope. They haven't even started auctioning the spectrum yet!

5G services in India are going to be launched as late as 2021 or in 2022. Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Secretary said in a recent CII event that "The telecom sector will move to 5G by 2022 and access to digital platform will become highly advanced in the next five years".

[Source]

8. EABowden Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2019

EABowden, May 15, 2019 :
    If you played with one and are happy that at times you can't see the screen, then you are welcome. I've got a 6T which is an awesome phone, and the notch barely bothers me but I'm a fanboy...

9. The_Rock90 Jelly Bean May 15, 2019

10. G_Prashant_Aggarwal_PHVE Cupcake May 15, 2019

G_Prashant_Aggarwal_PHVE, May 15, 2019 :
    Hi. I pre booked oneplus 7 pro and in the conditions it was mentioned that i have to buy the phone within 60 hrs of mobile launch. Now, i want to purchase nebula blue color which will be available for sale after 12 days of mirror grey. Now, in this case will my pre book offer is discarded ? Or can i biy within 60 hrs of nebula blue color launch?

Please help

11. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert May 15, 2019

Cheetosdust, May 15, 2019 :
    The OnePlus 7 has a notch just like the OnePlus 6T.

The OnePlus 7 Pro does not have a notch.

12. The_Rock90 Jelly Bean May 15, 2019

The_Rock90, May 15, 2019 :
    they promised both notchless...

13. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert May 15, 2019

They? Who promised that?

I never saw OnePlus promise the OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 7 Pro without a notch, but please share it.

14. Adex0ne Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2019

Adex0ne, May 15, 2019 :
    They never made a promise bro

15. crazycatlady Donut May 15, 2019

crazycatlady, May 15, 2019 :
    I can't get over the notch. I have played with some phones with notch, including an OP6, but never with OP6T. Being so small on OP6T might not feel intrusive, but I really don't like it, I'd trade that for a curved screen anytime. Like I said, it boils down to personal preferences. Anyway, you rock that 6T [e]1f601[/e]

16. EABowden Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2019

EABowden, May 15, 2019 :
    Hi @Pete, @Vito L., @Emily S.

I think a lot of people are pretty disappointed there is no incentive to buy the new device for those who paid to attend the launch.

Given that last year you gave free bullets wireless, with a notional value of £79, to everyone that bought the OP6 on launch day, I was expecting some similar offer to all your fans yesterday. But nothing, apart from some vague promise from the EE guy to upgrade tariffs to the 5G version!

It's not to late to save the day!

How about you offer anyone that went to a launch event the chance to buy the 7Pro for the same price as the 7? It would cost the company very little but you'd get so much great publicity!

All the best
    Ed

Last edited: May 15, 2019

17. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert May 15, 2019

Thank you for the link. :)

I have read your comment and while I don't agree with it, I can understand it and I've read a lot of people sharing the exact same opinion.

I don't have the OnePlus 7 Pro, obviously, however, I bought the S8+ and I like the curved screen. I don't know how the one on the 7 Pro will behave, but like I mentioned, I never had any problem with it on my Samsung. And I like how it looks.

But I understand why a lot of people don't like it - it truly is a case where some people love and others hate it.

EABowden likes this.
  18. EABowden Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2019

EABowden, May 15, 2019 :
    The phone feels great in the hand - even at 206g, so I guess the curved screen is doing its job. And I'd really like a notchless phone, but I'm just not sure I could live with the reflections.

script and Cheetosdust like this.
  19. dr.srbh25 Cupcake May 15, 2019

dr.srbh25, May 15, 2019 :
    It was a great launch. The great phone. One plus 7 pro and one plus 7. Now there is no equality. Rich people can be differentiated from not so rich people now. They can have one plus 7 pro. But others have to SETTLE IN now. I think the slogan is futile." NEVER SETTLE"

20. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert May 15, 2019

Hah, thanks for telling me how it feels, I have not tried one yet, so it's great to know. :)

Maybe try it for a long period of time inside a store, experiment with several screen brightness levels and angles. I know it's not real world use, but it should give you an idea.

I really don't know if this design language is just for the OnePlus 7 Pro or if it's the start of something new for a few models, but if you feel you can't deal with it, maybe check if the next device is better.

What I mean is: you should be completely satisfied with the product, no matter the brand. It's your hard earned money.