Introducing the OnePlus Nord N10 5G and N100

1. L1587102088342
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2020

2. Antonio_Luis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 27, 2020

Antonio_Luis , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 27, 2020 :
    This is great for customers that purchase more affordable devices. As a tmobile mobile expert, for customers in this price bracket, the only real options are Samsung and LG, and none of those come close to what OnePlus is offering with these two devices. Well done.

3. nordyboi
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2020

Ambiquene likes this.
  4. malidan
    Nougat Oct 27, 2020

malidan , Oct 27, 2020 :
    You said flooding the market, I said adding 3 phones to a line up.
    Didn't you notice the word ADDING? This seem to be another trait of the OP fans they always want to change what was said so they can make a point.
    Do you own the OP5/T? Tell me what is the difference between what you normally get and what the 5's have has now ? It pretty much looks the same to me.

But what do you need all these updates for I thought OOS was the best Android OS? Surely you only need security patches bi monthly and a few bgs fixes, using the bi-monthly system would mean 6 in month one and 7 in month 2 and you are trying to tell me OP can not manage this?

If OP are going to survive the need to grow their portfolio, scratching around with between 4-7 million sales is not going to see them survive as that number would have taken a heavy hit this year. No doubt OP would have found out by now it takes more than hype to sell at the top end of the market. If OP can not support 13 device's then they have no right making mobile phones.

5. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Honeycomb Oct 27, 2020

G_Nick_T_FTnG , Oct 27, 2020 :
    You still don't get it. That's ok. Believe what you believe.

take care

Paulmihai likes this.
  6. Drshoaib. , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Oct 27, 2020 :
    I think they don't want to keep their status high [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e] by competing with realme and other brands

7. Ambiquene
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2020

stuge234 likes this.
  8. malidan
    Nougat Oct 27, 2020

malidan , Oct 27, 2020 :
    I did mate you said they flooded the market with devices, do you know how many devices are on the market? This is a gross exaggeration, as you can't even flood a market stall with 6 devices. 😂😂😂

9. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Honeycomb Oct 27, 2020

malidan

I did mate you said they flooded the market do you know how many devices are on the market? This is a gross exaggeration, as you can even flood a market stall with 6 devices. [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]​

You're positioning yourself on one point you believe to have good footing on... However this point had nothing to do with the context of what I typed.

Saturating the market with devices without having ample people to support them is the point.

if you look at OnePlus's stated timeline is 36 months of security updates every two months. That is what they said not what I'm making up.

It's obvious at least with the 5 and 6 series they haven't lived up to that commitment. And the reason is the saturation of devices they have to support now.

Concentrate on the new and put the old on the backburner.

Well that's not what they told everyone who purchased these devices now did they? They owe these people something. Those devices are what really made OnePlus explode to mainstream.

I'm hoping this is making things a little more clear for you. If not, nothing much else I can say. you'll have your beliefs and I'll have mine. Agree to disagree so to speak.

10. gandalf123
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2020

gandalf123 , Oct 27, 2020 :
    I for one am glad about more affordable OP phones as long as the same focus on bloat-free software is maintained.

I would love to wean my elderly parents away from Redmi phones and give them something more uncluttered and ad-free at an affordable cost.

11. stuge234
    Froyo Oct 27, 2020

stuge234 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 27, 2020 :
    This might be slightly different view point ,but One plus is considered as premium segment smartphone category but having device (s) below 20k sorta takes away that notion, and dilutes the brand value of One plus.

Ambiquene likes this.
  12. Ambiquene
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2020

13. syedrhashmi
    Honeycomb Oct 27, 2020

14. Sarathrockerz
    Froyo Oct 27, 2020

15. nadeemaflah
    Froyo Oct 27, 2020

nadeemaflah , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 27, 2020 :
    MOST OF YOU WILL DISAGREE WITH ME, I KNOW. BUT I JUST WANT TO TELL WHAT I FELT LF THE DESIGNS.

Personally, I think the designers at OnePlus have lost their creativity to make unique or special designs, atleast in my thoughts.
    The design looks similar in all the new models.
    For me, the back design of OnePlus Nord, 8 series, 8T, and the new Nord series seem old, dated, ugly.
    Like, in the OnePlus 8 series, they stuck with the same desugn of camera module at centre, which they already used in the 6 and 7 series.WHY?
    Also in Nord, they showed some prototypes, which in fact had a unique design which would make it stand apart from lther devices. But they left it all behind, wemt with the boring design like other devices.
    Same case with 8T. I did not like the rear camera module. They felt copied from other brands. FOR ME, THE NEW PIXEL 5 AND PIXEL 4a LOOKS MORE BEAUTIFUL.
    Why can't the company bring a beautiful and UNIQUE design which would make the devices feel unique, instead of just going old-fashioned and dated types?
    Just look at how different rear camera module designs are made in Apple, Samsung, etc.

timouce and Vasiliy Kowtun like this.
  16. nadeemaflah
    Froyo Oct 27, 2020

THIS IS NOT THE OLD ONEPLUS IT USED TO BE...THIS BRAND IS GOING DOWN, AWAY FROM ITS OLD VALUES..
    OnePlus has lost all the good names that made them stand apart from other brands.....They are not the same old 'Never Settle'.
    Now they are bringing out a lot of phones, just like any other brands. The price of the top end phones have become same as that of other flagship phones, eventhough OnePlus used to call it as a "Flaghip Killer".
    They did all that in the past just to make some hype, I guess.
    Nothing very special about OnePlus now, other than this OnePlus Community.
    Even a lot of negative reviews have been received.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020

amurjith, yoshiakash and DarkLeon_ like this.
  17. malidan
    Nougat Oct 27, 2020

malidan , Oct 27, 2020 :
    I am not positioning myself anywhere, exaggeration is that and you were way over the top.

What are the promises that were made for year 3?

OP's updating has never been great after year one and if you go back as far as you like you will see that the device coming upto eol receives spasmodic updating. ( the 3/T being the perfect example with 6 less devices in the portfolio) If one were to count the actual numbers of updates released they have most likely done better than last year.

They have more than enough people to get the job done, as they copied Xiaomi for hype purposes by running a beta program. Nobody else has one so they should get rid of it and then 13 device should not be an issue. if they can't manage from that point then you know where you stand.
    The desperation of your words indicate to me that this isn't the best Android OS.

Hype! :rolleyes:

18. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Honeycomb Oct 27, 2020

Desperation? You really need to give your head a shake.

More than enough people to support? Source? Or do you just make that up?

Anyways. like I said. You do what you feel is right. I gave my point of view.

Not looking for followers, or likes, or thumbs up. People can read it and have a different viewpoint to read.

You don't agree? Good on you.

Feel like adding one more to feel superior? Go ahead. This will be my last response to you.

19. nadeemaflah
    Froyo Oct 27, 2020

OnePlus used to prpmise a lot of things when it comes to software updates and stuffs.
    I don't think they are not doing it so good.....
    They just keep focusing on newer devices, while the older device users have to sit like a fool and watch, waiting for their turn.
    The old users are neglected completely, in my opinion.
    Is this what the brand used to boast about? WHAT IS THIS.

Mamta248 and Vasiliy Kowtun like this.