Introducing the OnePlus Switch

1. peaky blinders Jelly Bean Jan 10, 2018

peaky blinders, Jan 10, 2018 :
    After going from OP3T to Nokia 8 then deciding to come back this app did the job fine of transferring everything from the Nokia 8 to my OP5T.

Great little app.

2. B1515612386530 Cupcake Jan 10, 2018

B1515612386530, Jan 10, 2018 :
    Can someone please help, I'm trying to use the app to transfer data from my OP3 to OP5t. The app says there is not enough space, even though I have 100+GB available on the OP5t

3. Damouz Cupcake Jan 10, 2018

Damouz, Jan 10, 2018 :
    I recently bought the 5T and after hours of trying to set it up, I discovered that because my 3t is android 8, I can't transfer all my data to the new phone which is android 7. I also just discovered the oneplus switch app. I tried this. All I could transfer were messages and contacts. Everything else it just complained about needing ample space and would not allow migration which makes it pretty useless. I also tried cloneit but after pressing sender on my 3t it just says clone stopped and won't transmit.
    I tried factory resetting and doing a cloud backup instead but all it restores is contacts.
    Does anyone have any solutions or do I have to just wait for the Oreo update?

Many thanks.

4. PacificCuir2 Cupcake Jan 11, 2018

PacificCuir2, Jan 11, 2018 :
    Hey everyone !

I'm currently using the OnePlus Switch app. Don't hesitate to slide your old phone away from the new phone to catch the QR code !
    Works great from Honor 7 to the OnePlus 5T for contacts, photos, calendar (haven't tried apps yet)
    Although, I'm having troubles transfering my messages... Old phone gathering messages (~40MB) but no transfering to new phone.. or only the recieved SMS, not the MMS.. don't know why... or am I dumb...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018

5. wolfmaster Cupcake Jan 12, 2018

wolfmaster, Jan 12, 2018 :
    hi Oneplus...

I think many user are facing the same problem whereby they are stuck with transferring their data from oreo 3 or 3T to the latest 5T.... Even your Oneplus switch apps is not able to transfer that... kept on mentioning lack of space despite there is no program there...

need your help to fix this problem fast.. which either solve the Oneplus switch error or provide Oero to 5T fast...

thanks for the help..

6. fakebadstone Cupcake Jan 13, 2018

fakebadstone, Jan 13, 2018 :
    Hello All,

I am trying to transfer all my data from my Moto X Pure Edition to my new 5T. My moto x connects to the 5T no issues, but won't get past step 2 on the app on the Moto X side. It will say connected, but then won't let me select the data and then go back to the beginning. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Update...

I was able to resolve the issue. It was due to my Moto X still having the SD card attached.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018

7. 36dbldz Honeycomb Jan 16, 2018

36dbldz, Jan 16, 2018 :
    I may be tripping but how do you use this.....? In my app drawer there isn't an "oneplus switch" app, but if I goto setting - apps- it's there. So if that is normal how would one use it?

Peter Starych and pandabat like this.
  8. Chigozie18 Cupcake Jan 17, 2018

Chigozie18, Jan 17, 2018 :
    Is this that much better than Google backup? I usually just back up contacts and start my phone new, and I'm pretty sure google backs up app data.

9. Sargos Froyo Jan 18, 2018

10. khankhalidm Cupcake Jan 19, 2018

khankhalidm, Jan 19, 2018 :
    i am waiting for my opo 5 t it is in transit.i want to ask whether the new app will update my contacts and every thing from my previous opo cyaganomod phone which was given away in exchange for my new phone
    pls reply
    khalid

11. Nilesh P Kumar Eclair Jan 21, 2018

Nilesh P Kumar, Jan 21, 2018 :
    Can this APP be used as an backup software so that we backup our contacts, messages before updating OS and later restore them after update

12. Alleykat Cupcake Jan 22, 2018

Alleykat, Jan 22, 2018 :
    Also having same problem 3T to 5T, no space... Need to be able to transfer data also is a must!

13. spremr Donut Jan 22, 2018

14. zetapulse Froyo Jan 25, 2018

zetapulse, Jan 25, 2018 :
    Problem, the app isn't able to scan the generated QR code, which is funny because the QRDroid app scans it just fine.

15. gowtham raj Cupcake Jan 26, 2018

16. Pavan Rishit Meka Cupcake Jan 27, 2018

17. wolfmaster Cupcake Jan 29, 2018

wolfmaster, Jan 29, 2018 :
    Hi Oneplus Team...
    I thinking many of us facing the same issue.. & hoping that Oreo for 5T arrived earlier..
    This apps is great for switching but need further fix on the error... i am using my phone for andriod Payment & also Company email... so does not want to go to Beta & then when switch back on Stable build need a factory reset...

You guys are doing great things... & hope that this will be better after it is fix..
    anxiously waiting.

spremr likes this.
  18. Mahiafatima Gingerbread Jan 29, 2018

19. GastonLagaffe Gingerbread Feb 2, 2018

GastonLagaffe, Feb 2, 2018 :
    I remember the presentation of OnePlus Switch on 5T Launching event...
    You really made nice digs at apple. :D

20. Qwert Luiop Froyo Feb 4, 2018

Erik_Hermsen likes this.