Introducing the OnePlus Switch

1. W1561918073817
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2019

2. Pigwitt
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2019

Pigwitt , Sep 19, 2019 :
    Hi

daft question of the day: does this also copy app passwords over as well? e.g. Facebook, Twitter etc..?

thanks.

3. Lei Z.
    Test Engineer Staff Member OnePlus Bug Hunter Sep 25, 2019

4. Poussin16
    Gingerbread Sep 25, 2019

Poussin16 , via OnePlus 7 , Sep 25, 2019 :
    hi ,
    I have op7 , and I have installed last oxygen os 10 stable.
    I tried to copy opbackup and restore all apps and datas. but the app doesn't find the folder,so no possible to restore anything.
    can you please help?

5. BrettCF02
    Froyo Sep 26, 2019

6. Poussin16
    Gingerbread Sep 26, 2019

7. S1552454052055
    Honeycomb Sep 30, 2019

8. a_agarwal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 29, 2019

a_agarwal , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 29, 2019 :
    I don't know if it was just in my case, but the app did not transfer all my apps from my 3T to 7T. Also it messed up the logins quite a bit, in the sense that most of the apps did not accept my password and I had to reset several of them to gain access.

9. Advvinay
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2019

10. Zen_monkey , via OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition , Nov 23, 2019 :

The Joker

this is great.. i like it a lot.
    i only wan't to know. what is the advantage of this app to google backup ?
    most of my android phone's i set it back the way i want via the android backup / restore system.
    that setup the phone's background, saved wifi network's. and in stalled app's.. and a few settings.
    is this working along side google's backup service ?.. that would be awsome​

I've the same questions. Did you manage to find answers?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019

11. Zen_monkey , via OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition , Nov 23, 2019 :
    I'm confused about the usage of this app. For example, I'm not looking to transfer call log details, address book or apps. they are taken care automatically when I log in to the new phone using my Google account. what is not taken care though by Google is the configuration details of certain apps. I lose this as these apps don't have any cloud support. for example the customisation of WhatsApp gets lost. similarly words marked as favourite gets lost. my play settings retains the apps that was there in my previous phone, but misses on the configuration details. similarly my phone settings is also lost. so when should I use this app? in the new phone if I log in to Google account it automatically starts downloading the apps. so how do I make use of this app?

12. cadeepakbansal
    Froyo Nov 24, 2019

cadeepakbansal , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 24, 2019 :
    Hi, OnePlus switch is Preinstalled in my OnePlus 7T device.

i have used it in migrating the data from old mobile to 7T.

My old mobile is Vivo having Android version 6.

I am not able to transfer the data from 7T to vivo, as reverse trf is not supported by OnePlus switch.

OnePlus switch should have a wider applicability, not in terms of only migrating to Oneplus devices but with any other devices like shareit, Xender.

Pls make it Compatible.

13. Nicjonesy1807
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2019

14. Nonprofit
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2020

15. Rukmim
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2020

16. Jayjay26
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2020

Jayjay26 , Jan 8, 2020 :
    Am having problems with the app. I do see a QR code, but when i select the data i want to transfer it keeps on waiting for hours.... Will a reboot or re-install make any difference?