Introducing the Type-C Bullets.

1. ashujain13 Donut Sep 14, 2018

2. Xdemoodez Cupcake Sep 14, 2018

Xdemoodez, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Do NOT, i repeat DO NOT get rid of the 3.5mm jack, as it is a very important feature for audiophiles and the main thing is that you can plug it in virtually anywhere. Guys, the 3.5mm jack is not only for earphones/headphones and a wireless adapter or some sort will no longer deliver the sound quality.

gmanasseh and DavidoinToledo like this.
  3. OriginalKaniaan Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

OriginalKaniaan, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Actually people lost their shit over wifi and to this day, people say wifi when they refer to cable. 3.5mm Jack is free to use and as a guy who listens to a lot of music and consumes a lot of media, my batteries dry quick, having the battery charge my phone and 3.5mm to keep alive my headset was a useful thing. innovation is not forcing the removal of something but adding something new to take its place. If I see a secondary USB-C port I am all okay with the renoval.

gmanasseh and Wakizashi93 like this.
  4. AlexMurithi Eclair Sep 14, 2018

DavidoinToledo likes this.
  5. G_Manu_g_kICu Froyo Sep 14, 2018

DavidoinToledo likes this.
  6. Two Honeycomb Sep 14, 2018

Two, Sep 14, 2018 :
    What a shame, less than a year after telling us you won't remove the jack.

I use the jack on my OP5T almost everyday and I don't want to carry an extra dongle or use shitty wireless headphones. I happen to listen music when I charge the phone and I shouldn't have to wait for the phone to charge.

In the end, in your ears, it is still analog so all the digital vs analog thing is plain bullshit. Digital to analog conversion has to happen somewhere, and I don't think it should be inside the headphones. There is no increase of quality by using USB-C. And now if you need to plug your phone to some older speakers without bluetooth in a party, you can't, because you kept the stupid dongle at home.

You really don't have any valid excuses. Shame !

So the OP5T will be the last OnePlus device for me. I was a strong supporter of the brand, but I boycott any phone that doesn't have a jack.

Instead of licking Apple's ***, you should better spend your time innovating and stop to piss your customer off.

gmanasseh, DavidoinToledo and Kuvvet like this.
  7. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Sep 14, 2018

8. jibbewillem Cupcake Sep 14, 2018

jibbewillem, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Please don't remove the headphone jack. I listen to music most of the day. At night I fall asleep listening to podcasts, and I charge my phone overnight.

A pair of type-C headphones isn't going to solve removing the headphone jack.

- I can't listen to my 3.5mm headphones without a dongle
    - I'll need to buy these bullets if I don't want to use a dongle
    - This in turn limits my freedom of choice
    - Very few type-C headphones are available
    - Type-C headphones other than those from OnePlus aren't guaranteed to work
    - Charging and using headphones is next to impossible
    - The sound quality isn't guaranteed to be as good or better than 3.5mm headphones. Especially non-OnePlus models
    - There are no proven benefits for the consumer by removing the headphone jack

Bigger battery? Nonsense! Apple promised this too, but didn't deliver.

In screen fingerprint scanner? Well when you use a in screen fingerprint scanner, you can remove the normal scanner to make room.

The dimensions of the headphone jack are about 7mm × 20mm × 10mm, so you aren't going to make a lot of room by removing this port.

I'm hoping this is all a clever marketing joke, but I'm afraid it's not.

9. IWantSunshine Eclair Sep 14, 2018

IWantSunshine, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Oh no... :-( I still use the jack every day... (Yes, I have wireless headphones, but the best quality is still via wired.) I'm curious how durable the USB-C ports will be if people start using it for headphones purposes...

gmanasseh and DavidoinToledo like this.
  10. vasueza Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

11. MentalDraco Lollipop Sep 14, 2018

MentalDraco, Sep 14, 2018 :
    I mean for fks sake, you can't even keep your own Wireless Bullets on stock and you want you want to remove the jack, give me a brake... After boasting about the importance of the 3.5 mm jack, yea. And not like your gonna give the phone a official IP rating. Also the wireless market is very volatile, a new codec or something is announced every year, sometimes multiple ones a year, you expect people to change their phone and earphones/headphones each new one? Bravo OP.

gmanasseh, DavidoinToledo and eye842 like this.
  12. AlouLouky Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 14, 2018

AlouLouky, Sep 14, 2018 :
    I just got a a pair of v2 3 weeks ago! If i knew i would have gotten these!
    I use headphones with a mini dac anyway!

13. kakarla231 Cupcake Sep 14, 2018

kakarla231, Sep 14, 2018 :
    wireless bullets launched 4 months back only. but it is not available in any where. why the OnePlus team not selling the product..
    any body got the wireless bullets ?

14. XRaptor29 Froyo Sep 14, 2018

XRaptor29, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Audio jack is dying. analog going to Digital. USB Type C will provide better audio quality and was actually designed to replace the audio jack.

Just wait till HDMI gets replaced with USB Type C.

pierro451 likes this.
  15. jicebee Cupcake Sep 14, 2018

jicebee, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Why wouldn't it be possible to have like a dual type-C into one final type-C that plugs into the phone ? I thought it was supposed to handle serial connections or even parallels ones.

AlouLouky likes this.
  16. AlouLouky Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 14, 2018

17. G_Amit_Tiwari_zcOu Froyo Sep 14, 2018

18. andrey1922 Cupcake Sep 14, 2018

andrey1922, Sep 14, 2018 :
    well, I am not against type-C bullets, only if there is an additional option to connect these earphones via Bluetooth.

19. Tudor2308 Cupcake Sep 14, 2018

Tudor2308, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Hi I'm using Anker soundcore spirit X, they're wireless, best sound on budget earphones and I will not cry for headphone jack as I use this and the Soundsbuds tab for around a year... I just hope OnePlus it's gonna lounch a pair of headphones that don't have the collar design, I hate that... then I will consider buying them until there a better bullet's headphones it's o good option

20. DavidoinToledo Eclair Sep 14, 2018

DavidoinToledo, Sep 14, 2018 :
    I think that is incorrect. pretty sure Pei said the number of people who used the headphone jack had dipped from 80% to 59% and they expected it to continue to fall. except I never saw this poll, who can really say for sure how it was conducted, and that seems like a big shift to happen over 12 months or less from when Pei was bragging about how one plus listens to it's users.