Introducing the Type-C Bullets.

1. DavidoinToledo Eclair Sep 14, 2018

DavidoinToledo, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Aren't there multiple examples of phones with batteries larger than the OP6 and headphone jacks that are also in 68 waterproof? I'm thinking of Samsung and LG first and foremost? Yup, pretty sure they have done it. Option #2 if your engineers aren't as smart as theirs. MAKE THE PHONE BIGGER! We were all fine with 5 inch displays 4 years ago. No one is going to care a bit about a few millimeters here or there is it means a bigger battery and a headphone jack. This is a compromise decision. I didn't think compromise was what this brand was about. I thought it was about providing no compromise products at a value price.

2. Antgl Honeycomb Sep 14, 2018

Antgl, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Note 9 has a big battery, wireless charging, S pen, stereo speakers and still has a headphone jack, why can't oneplus keep the jack?

DavidoinToledo likes this.
  3. Mr.Rawal Cupcake Sep 14, 2018

Mr.Rawal, Sep 14, 2018 :
    people do bother about the size .

Smasung note series are too big in size ,one has to use the " one handed operation " to use it. Not everyone doesn't cares about the size .
    people still buy phones judging the screen . Only geeks may not care about only the size maybe they're about to look around all the pros and cons of the device .
    So , it does matters to maintain a size frame of the mobile and the engineers are smart enough to build a good product ; you may not be rich enough to pay the worth . Frankly speaking ,OP devices are pocket friendly (i.e;) best of features with low price .

Regards ,
    -Bhavesh

4. DavidoinToledo Eclair Sep 14, 2018

Apple making the iPhone XS Max is proof people don't care that much about size. But even if you ar right and they do. Define for me the millimeters you would have to tick on to retain the headphone jack. since you know that's a massive space savings. Go ahead I'll wait.

5. F1536951568487 Cupcake Sep 14, 2018

6. W1536863466835 Cupcake Sep 14, 2018

W1536863466835, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Must open One plus store and helpdesk in all cities specially in India ~ like n share if strongly agress

F1536951568487 likes this.
  7. Mr.Rawal Cupcake Sep 14, 2018

Mr.Rawal, Sep 14, 2018 :
    So how much did the apple charge ?
    Even you may know OP will charge far less than apple .
    more or less only an engineer may define what it costs to fit in a earphone port if or not with an IP certification and also the screen size as you say increase in MM's.
    In my point of view , the company will try to see all other aspects ; such as the processor , battery ( how much is actually required) .
    Mobile phones of same heredity ( say,iPhone the models size since iPhone 6 remains same ) .
    thus , anything cannot be changed all of a sudden .
    They have to maintain their product but just making changes to some of it's parts ( take OP5T & 6 , more or less they are same .

Regards,
    -Bhavesh

8. Dhairya13 Eclair Sep 14, 2018

9. DavidoinToledo Eclair Sep 14, 2018

Being perfectly honest I didn't understand every point in your response due to sentence structure. I'll respond to what I believe you said.

Apple charges a premium for there phones year. But they are mainstream and not niche like OP. Thats my argument against you saying a lot of people don't like large phones. If that were true Apple wouldn't make them. Large phones have broad appeal. But the fact the screen is large isn't what Apple charges a premium for...if you don't understand their business model that's on you. I'm not explaining it to you. Point is people aren't offended by big screens. Everyone uses a pop socket.

Your argument about incremental changes makes no sense. If they need to use the same phone chasis and fabrication process for the OP6T and its dimensions can't be altered, wait for a new larger model to introduce more tech instead of removing the headphone jack now.

Lastly, try to find people thrilled or happy about this decision. There aren't any. There is a portion of the population that used high end wireless audio who says "I don't care, doesn't affect me" and then there are the many people who say "this is really bad for me, I wish you hadn't done this." That in and of itself should be your first clue this was a poor decision. The loss of headphone jack is nothing any consumers have asked for. It's something that is tolerated at best. And OP doesn't haven't all yh fancy bells and whistles of some brands like Apple that make you want to put up with the lack of a headphone jack. Plain and simple.

10. U1535514012354 Donut Sep 14, 2018

11. W1536554867463 Froyo Sep 14, 2018

W1536554867463, Sep 14, 2018 :
    there should be some major upgrade in oneplus 6 e.g like screen multitasking, screen recording, there should be some upgrade in camera like stickers, artificial intelligence etc. please give some upgrade.

12. Ray_ofLight Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

Ray_ofLight, Sep 14, 2018 :
    So basically the headphone jack will be replaced by a Type-C jack and earphones will be wired. Not a bad upgrade at all. Good going OnePlus.

13. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Sep 14, 2018

KeepTransisting, Sep 14, 2018 :
    It's not that the headphone jack is being replaced by a type c Jack. It's that the headphone jack is being removed. You're not getting to type c Jack's, so if you want to charge your phone while you use headphones, you're screwed. Personally, I see this as a pretty crappy thing. To announce some new type-c headphones shortly before you announce your phone that doesn't have a headphone jack really just says to me that you want to sell headphones and that's it

14. Ray_ofLight Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

I don't think you use earphones simultaneously while charging your phone often. In any case, the charging is pretty fast and we don't have to wait too long before using the earphones.

15. U1535514012354 Donut Sep 14, 2018

16. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Sep 14, 2018

KeepTransisting, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Multiple people use their 3.5mm port while charging and connecting to the aux port in their car.

17. Ray_ofLight Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

Considering this, 6T might have a better battery backup.

18. Dinu Constantin Froyo Sep 14, 2018

19. U1536075466536 Cupcake Sep 14, 2018

U1536075466536, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Im happy that I bought a oneplus 6.
    I Would hate these adapters and the latency of Bluetooth is too big for me. listen to your community! I would never buy so any new oneplus device

DavidoinToledo and RicSousa27 like this.
  20. Mondkalb Honeycomb Sep 14, 2018

Mondkalb, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Ok, a new DAC for the bullets. I'm curious about the first reviews, but I'm pretty sure it (still) can't compete with the good old 3.5mm jack. Why? One word: Viper4android.
    In conjunction with premium headphones like my Bose, nothing can be comparable.