Introducing the Type-C Bullets.

1. drughbear
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2018

drughbear , Oct 14, 2018 :
    When I bought my OnePlus 6 I was utterly devestated to discover how poor the audio volume and sound quality was through the headphone jack. On the advice of a You Tube blogger I bought an HTC USB-C dongle which contains a DAC. The improvement of the audio for both volume and sound quality was astounding. It is a major improvement and - for me - made my OnePlus 6 experience so much better.

2. elanglois
    Lollipop Oct 14, 2018

elanglois , Oct 14, 2018 :
    First, to say that the USB C dongle contains a DAC is horribly redundant. Obviously, or else it wouldn't make sound! The dongle is literally a DAC connected to the USB bus. Without the DAC, its a USB cable! The fact that you said this makes me wonder if you know what a DAC is?

Now, my issue is that you claim that the difference is because it's USB C. That has not been proven. The USB port doesn't make the sound. You seem to be saying that the USB C option is always better. There is absolutely no reason to believe that an external DAC is always better than the built-in DAC of the SOC just because you have one example where a specific external is better. There are plenty of dongles with shitty DACs.

3. drughbear
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2018

drughbear , Oct 14, 2018 :
    I see. Well for me personally it improved dramatically the audio experience on my OnePlus 6, which through the 3.5mm jack was absolutely terrible. I'm not claiming to be a tech expert it just worked for me.

4. Amit Madaan 1
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2018

Amit Madaan 1 , Oct 17, 2018 :
    please don't kill the headphone jack, it is very difficult to take small attachments on tour & while u r charging u can't use ur wired headphone.

5. joemann797
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2018

joemann797 , Oct 25, 2018 :
    even if that's the case, it's still no excuse. phones with a headphone jack can still use a dac as well. it's a similar excuse to try to remove it because the phone supports AptX Bluetooth. it's just good to have in case you forgot your dongle. I personally don't want set of expensive headphones that only works with my phone. it's a bad investment. I have other devices I want to use those headphone, like my laptop, my desktop, etc. so having USB-C headphones isn't a good thing either. IMO. I might forget my dongle, but the Aux jack is always there.

even if I

6. S1540535358840
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2018

7. YummdudeMohit
    Froyo Oct 26, 2018

YummdudeMohit , Oct 26, 2018 :
    I hope it doesn't drop from the ear own its own

8. G1539347121172
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

9. kriteshshah
    Froyo Nov 4, 2018

kriteshshah , Nov 4, 2018 :
    Bullets Type C has compatibility issue with OnePlus 3T.
    It works fine on media apps once the OTG is enabled.
    it DOES NOT work on calls.
    oneplus please acknowledge the issue and revert with fix

10. C1539708363615
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2018

11. TecStyln
    Donut Nov 5, 2018

TecStyln , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Hey, the new bullets have phenomenal sound quality, but the call volume is way, way too loud!
    Even on the lowest call volume, it's straight up deafening!

Seagal_aikikai likes this.
  12. Seagal_aikikai
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2018

Seagal_aikikai , Nov 6, 2018 :
    This is a very controversial topic removing the jack... My opinion is that is the future, so we must go through or left behind. "never settle" says everything.

13. TecStyln
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

TecStyln , Nov 6, 2018 :
    Absolutely love them. Definitely not an earbud guy, but the sound on these is so...full.
    I use Bose over ear BT, but I swear I don't feel like I'm missing anything with these buds.
    One issue that's seemingly corrected itself: incredibly loud call volume. I simply couldn't turn it low enough, without the other person blowing my eardrums, but that was only my first two calls. The rest of the night, I just got these yesterday, the call volume was fine. Weird...

Seagal_aikikai likes this.
  14. F_Naveen_Mirchi_Rbrn
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

F_Naveen_Mirchi_Rbrn , Nov 7, 2018 :
    i bought an type c earphones and ir is not working in my oneplus 6 mobile. can you please tell me how to return my type c eqrphones in oneplus offical site

15. vijay m kumar
    Donut Nov 7, 2018

16. Punk_69
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2018

Punk_69 , Nov 7, 2018 :
    You can use it on your oneplus 6 by turning on the OTG storage mode.
    Didn't you read about the earphones before buying them?

17. Punk_69
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2018

Punk_69 , Nov 7, 2018 :
    It's compatible for almost all phones with a type c port

18. Shivani1953
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

19. vijay m kumar
    Donut Nov 11, 2018

vijay m kumar , Nov 11, 2018 :
    I got my c type earphones of OP today. I used the same for my OP6. these are working very well. Nice quality. One more thing I want to know from OP, is there any chance to get high-end technology wireless earphones in near future

20. Punk_69
    Lollipop Nov 12, 2018

Punk_69 , Nov 12, 2018 :
    Got them today, initial impressions :-

1. Cable feels thin, I'm afraid to go rough on them.

2. Since the Type-C port is in the middle of the phone, when these earphones are attached they face a little bit of pressure from the pockets, so I'm a little concerned.

3. The sound is slightly improved from the bullets v2, the bass is slightly higher, and the sound stage is slightly wider. But yes performance is highly subjective so I might be wrong.

Btw @Jaden C., are the eartips made of silicone (like the v2) or are they of rubber ? Somehow I'm unable to make out.

Shivang Joshi likes this.