Introducing the User Reviews Section

1. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Jun 13, 2019

dsmonteiro, Jun 13, 2019 :
    Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago, we created the Tutorials section in order to highlight the great content that our Community puts forth.

Today, we’re creating a new section to put the spotlight on a different kind of user content: reviews. We’ve all been there: Reading or watching review upon review to make our mind on what to buy (or sometimes just giving us excuses to buy what we already want to buy). We’re making it simpler for you. Starting now, you only have one place to search for reviews on OnePlus devices and accessories from real life users: the User Reviews Section.

This new sub-forum acts as a hub for all user-made OnePlus reviews, where you can post your own reviews or read the ones written by other users: phones, accessories, gear, you name it! If it’s written by you, this is the place to post. If it's not OnePlus related, don't worry, you can keep posting them, as before, on the Tech sub-forum.

Unlike the Tutorial section, we’re not moving previous reviews to this section as there are thousands of threads out there. But if you want to have yours moved here for visibility, feel free to report your own thread and the moderators will move it.

Feel free to let us know what you think about this new section or share your killer tips for a great review in the comments below.

Speaking of reviews, don't miss @David Y.'s new review contest here! It's a great place to start practicing your review writing skills.

Never Settle.

Note - If you just created your account and can't create your review thread in the User Reviews section, don't worry! Simply create it in Starting Point and a friendly mod will help you move the thread there.

2. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Jun 13, 2019

camohan, Jun 13, 2019 :
    Nice move. A single place to read great work is really value addition for community.

3. YRJ Lollipop Jun 13, 2019

YRJ, Jun 13, 2019 :
    This is great! I like how organised the forums are getting lately.

4. Tobikage Nougat Jun 13, 2019

Tobikage, Jun 13, 2019 :
    Real life user reviews from people who paid for their own phones as opposed to reviews from people who get phones for free from OnePlus ?
    Who came up with this dumb idea ? :rolleyes:

5. YRJ Lollipop Jun 13, 2019

YRJ, Jun 13, 2019 :
    It is great that you have specific sub forums now. Instead of putting all threads under one major subforum (where they eventually get lost and don't serve the purpose) it is cool that there are smaller and specific categories. It's a welcome addition.

Structure of a review:
    • First impression is the best impression: I personally feel it is very important for the thread and the readers to be welcomed with a nice header containing a picture of the product that you'd be reviewing.
    • Start with a brief introduction about yourself.
    • Shed light on what kind of a user you are and how you will use the product.
    • All good things come in a box, it's always aesthetically pleasing to start from scratch, so first unbox!
    • The physical design is the first thing you would notice as soon as you'd get rid of the box. Describing the look and feel of the subject being reviewed is essential.
    • Briefly describe the attributes of the product and how it interacts with other parts of the product, and how it will contribute to the user experience. The little things matter.
    • Once you are done with the product and accesories, it time for initial impressions and the opinions about the product.
    • If you've been using it for a considerable time do make sure to point out what was wrong and everything that was good during the period of use.
    • Make sure to add pictures of the product! Macro pictures are a great way of showing your audience the product up close. (Texture, material and other visible features)
    • Conclusion: this is a place where you sum up your experience and explain what is the good bad and how well its price is justified.
    • Yay or nay: The final part of the review should include your view and whether you recommend the product or not. (This is also the most crucial part of the review and should be completely unbiased.)
    Thats it done. At last do see the preview, proof read the content and hit post! ;)

G_plusone, manuel19 and dsmonteiro like this.
  6. GopalB. Nougat Jun 13, 2019

GopalB., Jun 13, 2019 :
    Damn it man!!! Keep quite... [​IMG]
    *quiet... o_O

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019

7. GopalB. Nougat Jun 13, 2019

8. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 13, 2019

Cheetosdust, Jun 13, 2019 :
    Do I get banned if I completely ignore your orders?

elanglois, SJBoss, manuel19 and 3 others like this.
  9. YRJ Lollipop Jun 13, 2019

YRJ, Jun 13, 2019 :
    Keep "quite"? :rolleyes:
    @dsmonteiro asked to share the "tips"
    There are no orders of any kind. Feel free to DIY anyway. ;)

SJBoss and GopalB. like this.
  10. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Jun 13, 2019

dsmonteiro, Jun 13, 2019 :
    Me?

People already post their reviews on the forums. We're just creating a place to give them a home.

alessiodales, manuel19 and Tobikage like this.
  11. GopalB. Nougat Jun 13, 2019

SJBoss and YRJ like this.
  12. GopalB. Nougat Jun 13, 2019

GopalB., Jun 13, 2019 :
    One week with "bee" in his natural habitat... :p

SJBoss, manuel19 and Cheetosdust like this.
  13. Tobikage Nougat Jun 13, 2019

Tobikage, Jun 13, 2019 :
    People ? Really ? I'd call them something else ...:rolleyes:

This > Lab > Ambassador "Review" Bullshit.

elanglois, nateavi and SJBoss like this.
  14. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 13, 2019

Thank you for setting me free, I'm feeling like Andy Dufresne.

One week in Cupertino then :confused:

15. YRJ Lollipop Jun 13, 2019

YRJ, Jun 13, 2019 :
    Feels like a bee sting! :p
    You murdered you wife and her lover?

SJBoss and G_plusone like this.
  16. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 13, 2019

I have a tip for you:

SJBoss and manuel19 like this.
  17. GopalB. Nougat Jun 13, 2019

GopalB., Jun 13, 2019 :
    Maybe... Maybe not... [​IMG]

Who knows... [​IMG]

18. YRJ Lollipop Jun 13, 2019

YRJ, Jun 13, 2019 :
    You're unbelievable!

19. suhantm Honeycomb Jun 13, 2019

suhantm, Jun 13, 2019 :
    Will existing reviews be shifted to this section or do they remain where they are now?

20. YRJ Lollipop Jun 13, 2019

YRJ, Jun 13, 2019 :
    You need to report, if you wish to move your thread.