Introducing the User Reviews Section

1. femiuex Gingerbread Jun 24, 2019

femiuex, Jun 24, 2019 :
    There's a thing called "user manual" for this sort of issue.
    It's not a phone problem.

To set the ringtone volume, one way is to use the volume button, and when the "media output" window opens, select the "Gear" icon and the "Sound & vibration" menu will open. Under "Volume" you can then adjust the "Ring Volume" to adjust accordingly to your preference.
    Follow "OPTION #1" to adjust ringtone volume using the Volume button on OnePlus 7.

OPTION #1

1. Press the "Volume" button on the left side of your OnePlus 7 device (it doesn't matter up or down).

2. When the "Media output" mini menu opens, tap the "Gear" icon. (see picture below)

1561394582535.jpg

3. Then the "Sound & vibration" menu will open. Under "Volume", slide the "Ring Volume" slider according to your preference.
    (Rightest is the loudest setting)

1561395877038.jpg

END OF OPTION #1

OPTION #2

Go to "Settings" -> "Sound & vibration" -> Under "Volume" adjust the "Ring Volume" slider to your preferred setting.

END OF OPTION #2

Haptic Feedback

As for the haptic feedback, it the nature of the hardware used. But you can adjust the settings by going to "Settings" -> "Sound & vibration" -> Under "Vibration" choose "Vibration intensity". Then adjust your vibration to your desired level.

And yes, you can find the OnePlus 7 & OnePlus 7 Pro usee manuals by using the search function on this forum.
    Just in case you cannot find it, it can be found here ->
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-7-series-user-manual-questions-answers.1035365/

And if you cannot open the PDF file, that means you have to download and install a PDF Reader or viewer (from Play Store of course).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019

2. Philip R. Eclair Jun 24, 2019

Philip R., Jun 24, 2019 :

femiuex

There's a thing called "user manual" for this sort of issue.
    It's not a phone problem.

To set the ringtone volume, one way is to use the volume button, and when the "media output" window opens, select the "Gear" icon and the "Sound & vibration" menu will open. Under "Volume" you can then adjust the "Ring Volume" to adjust accordingly to your preference.
    Follow "OPTION #1" to adjust ringtone volume using the Volume button on OnePlus 7.

OPTION #1

1. Press the "Volume" button on the left side of your OnePlus 7 device (it doesn't matter up or down).

2. When the "Media output" mini menu opens, tap the "Gear" icon. (see picture below)

View attachment 1050326

3. Then the "Sound & vibration" menu will open. Under "Volume", slide the "Ring Volume" slider according to your preference.
    (Rightest is the loudest setting)

View attachment 1050335

END OF OPTION #1

OPTION #2

Go to "Settings" -> "Sound & vibration" -> Under "Volume" adjust the "Ring Volume" slider to your preferred setting.

END OF OPTION #2

Haptic Feedback

As for the haptic feedback, it the nature of the hardware used. But you can adjust the settings by going to "Settings" -> "Sound & vibration" -> Under "Vibration" choose "Vibration intensity". Then adjust your vibration to your desired level.

And yes, you can find the OnePlus 7 & OnePlus 7 Pro usee manuals by using the search function on this forum.
    Just in case you cannot find it, it can be found here ->
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-7-series-user-manual-questions-answers.1035365/

And if you cannot open the PDF file, that means you have to download and install a PDF Reader or viewer (from Play Store of course).​

Uhhh.. Dude I owned several smartphones over the years and you think I don't know how to adjust volume?? What's wrong with you?
    Normally the DEFAULT function of the volume keys is to adjust Ringtone volume and NOT media volume. Media volume should be adjusted when and only when media is playing. That's it!!!
    I shouldn't have to go looking for Ringtone volume in the settings!!

I already adjusted the haptic feedback in the settings and it is still SHIT!!!
    I bought it this thinking the haptic feedback is very good. I was wrong.

Maybe you need manuals to figure out how to use a phone. I dont!!!

3. suhantm Honeycomb Jun 24, 2019

suhantm, Jun 24, 2019 :
    Should've gotten a 7 Pro then...

4. Philip R. Eclair Jun 24, 2019

Philip R., Jun 24, 2019 :
    No. I don't like curved screens. Main reason to leave samsung
    Secondly it's way too big and there's no one handed mode

5. femiuex Gingerbread Jun 25, 2019

femiuex, Jun 25, 2019 :

Why so touchy? You do realize that this is a community forum where we help each other out, right?

Each manufacturer has their own proprietary OS and although they largely don't differ too much from each other, still have differences.

I get that reading may not be for everyone but there are customer experience centres meant to educate people on the look and feel of mobile devices before buying them.

Example: You buy a new car expecting the parking brake to be where you assume it to be (where most car manufacturers normally install it) only to freak out when you can't find it there. That doesn't mean it hasn't been installed.
    You just have to look for it (if you didn't read the user's manual or bother to try it out before buying it at a dealership).

I digress, anyway for what it's worth, your rant can be directed officially to the OnePlus team so it can be heard.
    You can find the link to submit your issue in the thread here -> https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/feedback-tool-lets-improve-oxygenos-together.1021893/

(Requires just a bit of reading)​

6. Y1543997954816 Cupcake Jun 27, 2019

7. femiuex Gingerbread Jun 27, 2019

femiuex, Jun 27, 2019 :
    Are we limited to only OnePlus accessories or can we review aftermarket ones?
    Just asking before typing a long-winded article, only to be deleted due to non-compliance.

8. suhantm Honeycomb Jun 27, 2019

suhantm, Jun 27, 2019 :
    Wondering the same.

femiuex likes this.
  9. F_Daniel_Marian_Crețu_kU Cupcake Jun 27, 2019

F_Daniel_Marian_Crețu_kU, Jun 27, 2019 :
    I just got myself a oneplus 5t lava red new ( one of the few that are around) one month ago. It s my first oneplus and i m very happy with it. My question is, dose it worth to upgrade to a 6t or a 7?

10. femiuex Gingerbread Jun 27, 2019

femiuex, Jun 27, 2019 :
    @F_Daniel_Marian_Crețu_kU

Since you're skipping the 6 (headphone jack), the difference between the 6T and 7 is marginal.
    The 7 in terms of hardware has an improved camera, SD855, improved under display fingerprint scanner, top and bottom firing speakers (Atmos Dolby) and some minor tweaks.

So, coming from a 5T, I would think that the 7 might be the more feasible option.

But this is subjective.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019

11. G1558005849207 Donut Jun 27, 2019

G1558005849207, Jun 27, 2019 :
    Ambient display is not properly sometimes because when I rais my phone up at that time I can see anything on screen I have to tap to the screen to see anything

12. F_Daniel_Marian_Crețu_kU Cupcake Jun 27, 2019

Thank you, i might buy one for chrinstmas but not earlyer then that because the 5t that i have is still new, only one month, and i love it. I wish they kept them looking more like this. Sorry for my gram, english is not my first language.

femiuex likes this.
  13. femiuex Gingerbread Jun 27, 2019

femiuex, Jun 27, 2019 :
    This has been widely reported on this forum. I think they are working on a fix and will probably roll out an update soon (no ETA disclosed).

The proximity sensor seems to be a little finicky, I heard.

14. femiuex Gingerbread Jun 27, 2019

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019

15. F_Daniel_Marian_Crețu_kU Cupcake Jun 27, 2019

I don t really need to, it s more like "i want to have the last phone out". Don t get me wrong, this phine it s gonna stay in my family, i was afraid to buy a newer model because i didn t use oneplus before, but i want it new because i don t like my phone to be toucht by other people. It was kind of hard to find a new one :)) and i want it white, but i only manage to find the red one. Aniway, it s the best android i ever seen and it dose evrithing without a problem. I come from s7 and iphone 7 before the samsung. I ll never use an iphone again, that s for sure. I use the phone for evrithing, i don t touch my laptop if i don t want to see a movie, and even alot of movies i watch on my phone, so.. i might not upgrade so soon just because i love this phone, we ll see..

femiuex likes this.
  16. atishlp Cupcake Jul 12, 2019

atishlp, Jul 12, 2019 :
    1562933688092.jpg
    is this expected battery performance out of OnePlus 7 pro.
    it's 30% in 3 30 mins of screen time usage.

17. E1562938331153 Cupcake Jul 12, 2019

18. femiuex Gingerbread Jul 12, 2019

femiuex, Jul 12, 2019 :
    Can you also post the detailed breakdown of battery usage?
    Might reveal a clue as to what is eating it up so fast.
    Your SOT is too low.

19. X1561460743477 Cupcake Jul 13, 2019

X1561460743477, Jul 13, 2019 :
    sir I have purchased one plus 6/128 but there are some problems in it.1st of all while attending a call we can't push down notification bar.2nd Heating and 3rd which I observed is that when attending a call the screen doesn't turn off automatically.its is always on while attending a call.so pls solve these issues

20. moses0563 Gingerbread Jul 13, 2019

moses0563, Jul 13, 2019 :
    good