Introducing WellPaper - A digital wellbeing wallpaper by OneLab

1. Sam T.
    Senior Product Manager Staff Member May 27, 2021

Sam T. , May 27, 2021 :
    Two weeks ago, we launched our first app - Clipt, right here on the community forums. It has had a great reception and I cannot thank you guys enough for the support! Today it’s my pleasure to share with you another of our creations in the space of digital wellbeing.

During the pandemic, we’ve seen screen time rise, especially on mobile devices. Alongside that, we’ve seen an increase in the usage of tools for your digital wellbeing such as Insight AOD or Zen Mode. Google also have their own digital wellbeing section in Android which we love. but when we undertook research, users say that they rarely use them due to the fact that they’re hidden away in the settings menu – a place rarely visited on your phone.

With our new WellPaper app, we shine a light on your usage data right on your home screen, helping to promote healthy smartphone usage. Grouping apps together into 6 distinct categories, we have created a dynamic live wallpaper that is constantly updating based on how you use your phone.

[​IMG]

While data-rich, we didn’t want to create something which didn’t look great – it is a wallpaper after all – and so we have 3 designs that will be completely personalized to you. Check out the designs below.

upload_2021-5-26_16-38-54.png

On the left is the data-heavy Composition design (left) with shifting tiles, inspired by Piet Mondrian’s Composition II & III. At the center is Glow, inspired by the neon lights of future-punk titles like Cyberpunk 2077 and Blade Runner. And lastly, Radial (right), where the different categories blend together in a stunning and soft-toned visual. Let us know which one is your favorite below and send us some pictures of your homescreen setup!

Usually, with live wallpapers, they can be pretty hungry on battery life. With WellPaper, we only redraw on unlock and then the wallpaper remains mostly static. We even put in some delay if the user is constantly locking/unlocking their phone. Therefore, the battery consumption should be a lot closer to the stock wallpaper than a traditional live wallpaper.

Last but not least, I would like to thank the team on this project: Owen is our talented designer, with Avinash and Chetan did incredible work with the development!

Last edited: May 26, 2021

2. McJader
    Marshmallow May 27, 2021

McJader , May 27, 2021 :
    This is another awesome app!
    I've already tried it, quite excellent 👍
    1622117256378.png
    Edit: since a lot of people are asking, icon pack is Caelus Black
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=studio14.application.caelusblack

Last edited: May 27, 2021

3. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 27, 2021

Does!Compute , May 27, 2021 :
    Looks really promising @Sam T. :)

4. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer May 27, 2021

5. juttuka.pavan
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 27, 2021

Sam T. and Adesh.sanmukh like this.
  6. McJader
    Marshmallow May 27, 2021

McJader , May 27, 2021 :
    Caelus Black Icons, won in a giveaway:p

7. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer May 27, 2021

luigimario , May 27, 2021 :
    Oh cool. I've seen something similar before. Too bad it's not free. I'm not paying money for icons 😆

8. Subha0165
    Cupcake May 27, 2021

9. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop May 27, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , May 27, 2021 :
    Damn that looks great, will try it out soon!

Awesome feature!

10. Chayan_M
    Gingerbread May 27, 2021

weirdo.93 and Adesh.sanmukh like this.
  11. pkg3107

12. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 May 27, 2021

YRJ , May 27, 2021 :
    Uhmm... I really like the idea but the designs aren't very appealing to me. I understand that it's a subjective thing and I might be one of the “few” people who didn't like it.

Still, it's a good starting point I hope to see more designs in the future, perhaps there's something that will catch my attention ;)

That said, congratulations on this project and best wishes for future updates

13. PhotoPicker
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S May 27, 2021

14. McJader
    Marshmallow May 27, 2021

McJader , May 27, 2021 :
    Here

15. stajni13
    Gingerbread May 27, 2021

16. DarshanMeniya
    Jelly Bean May 27, 2021

17. Infinity007
    Honeycomb May 27, 2021

18. vineetn12
    Eclair May 27, 2021

19. bjrg
    Honeycomb May 27, 2021

bjrg , May 27, 2021 :
    This is something unique and very useful. Whoever came up with this idea is a genius! Credit where it's due.

20. anunayC

anunayC , via OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition , May 27, 2021 :
    Radial is beautiful!! Love it and the overall app!

How about adding some amoled/dark type walls! These ones seem too bright for me personally, would be great to add more customisation options color wise! 🙃