Invite or Preorder what's your preference??

1. wasapp
    Honeycomb May 20, 2014

wasapp , May 20, 2014 :
    Your right but the target demographic are hardcore techies, at this point its not about price, atleast for me its not. I believed in the company and I wanted something different then what was out there.. but delaying the shipment not once but twice makes me question the company's stability...

2. GoonrGrrl
    Cupcake May 20, 2014

GoonrGrrl , May 20, 2014 :
    Would much rather have preorder. I get why they're doing it this way but... just my personal preference.

3. Sly_67
    Gingerbread May 20, 2014

Sly_67 , May 20, 2014 :
    Be patient, maybe you will get your invite very soon :D
    or not :(

4. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator May 20, 2014

keithnyc , May 20, 2014 :
    I hear you, but that would prove tough for a start-up company. I understand they have the backing of OPPO, but I'd still be wary sending any amount of cash to secure a pre-order.

5. ditotay
    Gingerbread May 20, 2014

ditotay , May 20, 2014 :
    Do somebody know if the "invite phone" (I mean the phone you get in the invite system) is complete with all the accesories and charger? Because I saw that the people who won the smash the past contest received the phone without some accesories.

6. petept
    Froyo May 20, 2014

petept , May 20, 2014 :
    The reason is that OnePlus did not have them at the end of the smash contest. They didn't want their first customers to wait for the phone. They will receive their box and accessories later in the month. Every phone will be sold with its packaging and accessories.

ditotay likes this.
  7. nacho_mira
    Gingerbread May 20, 2014

8. Rodjeur
    Gingerbread May 20, 2014

9. jizang
    Lollipop May 20, 2014

jizang , May 20, 2014 :
    as long as the company don't take the money when preordering...I go with preorder. Hate companies taking money when they don't have stock

10. SexyHyde
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 20, 2014

SexyHyde , May 20, 2014 :
    Invite every time. With preorder market penetration is extremely small for a startup and marketing costs to compete with the established manufacturers are astronomical. I know I'd rather have a OnePlus One and invite at $300, than one through preorder at $700.

11. DarkL33t
    Gingerbread May 20, 2014

12. leeshood1
    Honeycomb May 20, 2014

13. edekede
    Donut May 20, 2014

edekede , May 20, 2014 :
    Are people going to be pissed off when they don't get an invite for 2 months? Yes. But it seems as though there are more than enough people interested in buying this phone (despite waiting for invites) that they can sell it at their pace. On the one hand, I'd rather pre-order and have an idea of when I'd get it. On the other hand, the fact that the initial batches are so small lead me to believe that they're really focusing on build quality. Hopefully they're able to ramp up production to meet demand soon, though, because the G3, S5 Prime, M8 Prime, and other mobile giants are on the way.

14. ironman_stittsville
    Gingerbread May 20, 2014

ironman_stittsville , May 20, 2014 :
    I completely concur with Wrighty.

I think that there is too much marketing Koolaid being drunk by OPO fans. Their "drunken-ness" results in statements that cannot be backed up because it's canned marketing nonsense. The invite system is NOT innovative.

I would really like to know if there are any engineers working at OP (it _is_ a very small company, have they included any technical people?), or is it all marketing and business people? What they are releasing is a cost-reduced version of the OPPO Find 7a (removed the SD card, user-serviceable battery, quick charging). I don't see what real innovations they have brought to the table other than cutting the price from $600 to $400.

The price cut is terrific but it is a damn sight short of never settling, in my humble opinion.

15. slimgym20
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 20, 2014

slimgym20 , May 20, 2014 :
    I'd feel more reassured if I could pre-order. Than I feel like it's a guarantee that I get the device eventually.

16. sitic
    Gingerbread May 20, 2014

sitic , May 20, 2014 :
    The good idea about this invite system is that, if you have an invite you'll hold your new phone in your hands some days later. No delay, no worries being able to cancel a preorder if you changed your mind. People just can't wait, it makes us very uncomfortable, so they prefer preorder.

17. riffraff81
    KitKat May 20, 2014

18. Kdhupar
    Honeycomb May 20, 2014

19. neoWhite
    Gingerbread May 20, 2014

neoWhite , May 20, 2014 :
    Probably preorder considering there is less work involved with a preorder. But hey, Oneplus needs us to drive the awareness of this phone to the masses.

20. metatron
    Eclair May 20, 2014

metatron , May 20, 2014 :
    Preorder. However, I understand OnePlus' choice : an invite allow them to make the buzz. So they don't need much commercials.