Invite system vs Shipping time. Here is the joke

1. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2016

Jamesst20 , Aug 1, 2016 :
    Hi,

I just figured how OnePlus made it invite-less.

Remember that old invite system where nobody could order ? While this system was in place, the phone would ship on the next business day, if not same day. Now when you order the OnePlus 3, you have to wait 2 weeks before it gets dispatched.

My point here is that OnePlus hasn't gotten better. It's still the same system, they produce the least phone as possible just to try to fullfill all the orders but they are still unable to produce a little more phone so they can ship it as fast as any other reputable brand would do.

I have ordered on July 28, which has an expectation dispatch on August 10. That being said, my phone is probably not even produced or built at the moment.

Current new orders will be dispatched in 4 weeks ! Insane!

As of July 29 : Still not dispatched
    As of August 1 : Still not dispatched
    As of August 2 : Still not dispatched
    As of August 5 : Still not dispatched
    As of August 8 : Still not dispatched

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016

2. paulchester
    Eclair Aug 1, 2016

paulchester , Aug 1, 2016 :
    where did you order it from (EDIT: as in country)? lots of people are getting their phones delivered in under a week

3. riffraff81
    KitKat Aug 1, 2016

4. nldavenl
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2016

nldavenl , Aug 1, 2016 :
    ordered 26th andere dispatch also 10th

Jamesst20 likes this.
  5. G_Brad_Howlett_PJjW
    Froyo Aug 1, 2016

G_Brad_Howlett_PJjW , Aug 1, 2016 :
    The one I ordered also had a 2 week expected ship date and it shipped 3 days after I ordered it. Granted that was basically a release date order.

Jamesst20 likes this.
  6. G_Wally_Proenza_KKVE
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2016

G_Wally_Proenza_KKVE , Aug 1, 2016 :
    Hello I hope you are doing well, please answer this question I have tried to get an answer but no one answers. Ok here's my issue, All my other android phones have made a sound indicating an increase/decrease in the volume when on the home screen for example. What I'm trying to say is that when your phone is unlocked and you press up or down on the volume button a rectangular box showing the volume level pops up. Up to there everything is fine. And in a lot of phones when you press on the volume and that what i just described pops up it will make a "ding" sound indicating the change in volume (A sort of change in volume feedback). However, my oneplus 3 doesn't make the sound indicating the increase/decrease in volume. Since no one I know owns this incredibly awesome phone, I cannot compare it and see if it is supposed to be like that or not and support wasn't really helpful when it came to answering the question on whether it was normal or not. Help Please, in other words I'm just asking if your oneplus 3 makes a ding sound indicating higher or lower volume levels when you start to press up or down on the volume button. Thank you for reading this please answer if you understand what I am asking or if I need to clarify more?

7. funmunke
    Marshmallow Aug 1, 2016

funmunke , Aug 1, 2016 :
    Not true. I ordered mine and it was shipped the next day.

Tobikage, Ceasedd, Mydealz and 5 others like this.
  8. charlie19211
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2016

charlie19211 , Aug 1, 2016 :
    What were you expecting? There was a good reason for the invite system, but folks kept whining about it, so they ditched invites in favour of longer time till dispatch. It wouldn't take a genus to see this one coming.

Jamesst20 likes this.
  9. ttwwbx
    Froyo Aug 1, 2016

ttwwbx , Aug 1, 2016 :
    I ordered my OP3 at June 16th and got it in the morning of June 24th. My estimated shipment day was June 23th and the estimated arrival was July 1st, so you can't take these estimated dates serious, at least when the OP3 was released.

meatandy likes this.
  10. ttwwbx
    Froyo Aug 1, 2016

ttwwbx , Aug 1, 2016 :
    @G_Wally_Proenza_KKVE I think you hit the wrong thread :). Other than that, my OP3 doesn't make these volume increase/decrease sounds, so I think your phone has no malfunction.

11. lemonhater
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 1, 2016

lemonhater , Aug 1, 2016 :
    Stop complaining. It hasn't even been 4 business days since you ordered. If you are expecting it to be shipped out on the day you ordered, you must be crazy

Estimated dispatch date and estimated delivery date usually gives more time than actually required. Both are automated when you place your order.

Carl has already stated that the OP3 would be running into inventory issues in the future in an interview I watched.

I disagree with you regarding the invite system. The current system is so much better than the invite system.

12. G_Wally_Proenza_KKVE
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2016

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!! No one was able to answer it. support wanting me to file a claim and I was like before I do that, I would like to know the answer but I guess they didn't understand me lol xD Again thank you so much for replying and I know I wasn't supposed to reply that here but I just really wanted an answer I've been trying for like 4 days already! Thank you! Again!

13. charlie19211
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2016

charlie19211 , Aug 1, 2016 :
    (think you've got the wrong thread mate. Also, i don't own a op3, so i can't really help you. sorry.)

14. riffraff81
    KitKat Aug 1, 2016

riffraff81 , Aug 1, 2016 :
    no sound, probably by design, not a bug.

15. G_Wally_Proenza_KKVE
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2016

It's ok Someone else already answered but thank you for taking the time to reply either way

16. riffraff81
    KitKat Aug 1, 2016

17. G_Wally_Proenza_KKVE
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2016

18. Benz1337
    Eclair Aug 1, 2016

dsmonteiro, Jamesst20 and meatandy like this.
  19. kryshnakishore
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 1, 2016

20. victorpeg
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2016

victorpeg , Aug 1, 2016 :
    The grey version today the estimated availability is 5 weeks to Canada. This is crazy... Cannot be real.

Jamesst20 likes this.