Invites for Our Early Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suneth Honeycomb Jul 8, 2014

Suneth, Jul 8, 2014 :
    number 940 also got invite yesterday. Invites are valid for 24 hours. probably next batch will go online sometime tomorrow or day after

wirralmick likes this.
  2. tweetinginabox Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2014

tweetinginabox, Jul 8, 2014 :
    Yep but it wasn't a clear sweep 1-1000. It would be like 250 invites sent to random members less than 6000. One person was member 5k plus, yet there are thousands before him who still haven't got an invite.

We can't use forum member number alone as an indicator of number of invites actually rolled out. We can only use confirmation from forum members as an indicator and given the lacklustre response yesterday, it's clear there was not 1000 people getting invites.

3. berliner5000 Froyo Jul 8, 2014

berliner5000, Jul 8, 2014 :
    But didn't Carl say that forum number alone (i.e. join date) would be the only indicator in this most recent round of invites?

4. YKK Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2014

YKK, Jul 8, 2014 :
    +1

tweetinginabox likes this.
  5. tweetinginabox Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2014

Yes, you are misunderstanding me. Whilst only early member wills get an invite. To say 1000 invites went out because #940 got their invite is wrong.

There seemed to be a mix of early member numbers getting them yesterday, with activity and post count seemingly making no difference. But whilst for example a #940 #3500 #6000 may have gotten an invite, there were far far more in between those numbers who did not get an invite.

So we can't just say oh well if member number #6000 got an invite that's 6000 invites. It just doesn't work that way.

We therefore must look at posters here and then using their feedback we will gain a clearer picture of the measure of invites actually rolled out.

There most certainly was only 50-75 posters yesterday confirming invite. Even if we double or triple that figure optimistically to account for those who did not confirm, were still only talking a few hundred at best and not 1000 or higher.

Thehedge likes this.
  6. apriliars3 Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 8, 2014

7. portonian4 Cupcake Jul 8, 2014

portonian4, Jul 8, 2014 :
    Sooooo, how far are we from the phone being released to the masses. Are there enough invites going about that people are ok sharing the invites easily yet?

8. artpickers Cupcake Jul 8, 2014

artpickers, Jul 8, 2014 :
    All very interesting, all the reviews sound promising . . . just need to get hold of it!

9. Thehedge Honeycomb Jul 8, 2014

10. tweetinginabox Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2014

Very far. And NO...

portonian4 likes this.
  11. mafti Cupcake Jul 8, 2014

12. Pedro Peguero Jr. Gingerbread Jul 8, 2014

Pedro Peguero Jr., Jul 8, 2014 :
    I'm sorry but I think you're wrong lol. The people who were in the thousands that claimed they received an invite, I think, are lying. They are going by early supporters who didn't meet the criteria of being active on the forum. Why would that sporatically throw in a system where it randomly choose people from 1-6k? Doesn't make any sense.

I honestly think it will be 1,000 or slightly less a day . Do you know how many members who are below 1k that aren't even active on this forum? A LOT, which means there may be a LOT of unconfirmed invitations.

I'm #1596 and I'm positive I will get an invite tomorrow. Doesn't make sense for them to skip around playing hopskotch with an invitation.

wirralmick likes this.
  13. jorcame Gingerbread Jul 8, 2014

14. tweetinginabox Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2014

This is not an invite request thread and sorry but just requesting an invite doesn't work.

This is a thread about early supporters / forum members being rewarded with an invite. That is people registered here between Jan - April 2014. Anyone registering after that date, let alone yesterday is not an early forum member and will not get an invite from this.

hayt and Pedro Peguero Jr. like this.
  15. Pedro Peguero Jr. Gingerbread Jul 8, 2014

Everything is unconfirmed at this point. People need to stop throwing in assumptions and just wait for an official announcement of this July thing (even though I don't find it necessary, you are either an early supporter or not)

16. tweetinginabox Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2014

There was confirmation from posters in the 3k and 1 in the 6k range (late 5900's) yesterday ....

As for not making sense. This is OPO. ;). We should be used to that now.

I have a friend who received early forum member invite last week and they are mid 5500's and had only 23 posts since joining ....... Says it all doesn't it.

17. Pedro Peguero Jr. Gingerbread Jul 8, 2014

And...? I could've said I got one today and made a post stating I got an invite, just for the hell of it and the gear towards likes. Take everything with a grain of salt.

And TRUE THAT BROTHA LOL

18. plikmuny Honeycomb Jul 8, 2014

plikmuny, Jul 8, 2014 :
    Stop bullshitting..... Start giving invites for early supporters... No announcements until you at what you people have said so far....

19. tweetinginabox Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2014

Have you guys with very early numbers made sure you have your shipping addresses registered in the store account on oneplus.net ?

Store account not forum account.

They use that info to ascertain your eligibility / ability to be able to buy a device and have it shipped to you. Without that info added to your account details you will be skipped.

patit and wirralmick like this.
  20. portonian4 Cupcake Jul 8, 2014

portonian4, Jul 8, 2014 :
    Pretty to the point then haha, I have not been following the whole invitation procedure, everywhere I read it was showing second quarter, June mentioned quite a lot. Thought by July the phone would just be readily available on the site. Sad to see that's not the case :( I best start posting everywhere to try and bag an invite, as like everyone else on here, desperate to get it in my hands! :D