iPad Pro, the first impressions from an Android/Windows User

1. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Jun 14, 2021

2. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Jun 14, 2021

Tokolozi , Jun 14, 2021 :
    The surface is great too, but I still think windows is a much more mouse and keyboard orientated OS. So if it's primarily for tablet use, get the iPad! Primarily laptop use, get the surface!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021

3. eddyros
    Honeycomb Jun 14, 2021

4. Tokolozi

Thank you for reading it! Glad you enjoyed it :)

5. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Jun 14, 2021

Overzee , Jun 14, 2021 :
    [​IMG]
    Other type of engraving? But I think you're referring to the Konami code?

6. Tokolozi

That is indeed the Konami code... They didn't allow arrow emoji's so had to do it this way!

7. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jun 14, 2021

Bobbie63 , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Don't know what this is all about but I needed to correct it. :rolleyes: (My best guess is, it's not about the review though)

However...nice review. :)

8. Tokolozi

Thank you ☺️

I just brought you up as a prime example on how to address something you do not like how it's handled in the fora, without cribbing in random threads.

9. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jun 14, 2021

Bobbie63 , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Ah OK, didn't read all the previous posts but I already thought it would be something like that. :)

10. Aaron2017
    Lollipop Jun 14, 2021

Aaron2017 , Jun 14, 2021 :
    I disagree, I think it offers a great deal of relevant information. I don't think this is meant for Apple users. OnePlus doesn't have a tablet, so this is some good info for users who are in the market for one to be able to read a detailed review from a fellow Android user's perspective. At least that's what i got out of it. Should it be pinned or not, i don't know, and i really don't care either, that's not what this discussion is about.

11. GuitarBart
    Jelly Bean Jun 14, 2021

GuitarBart , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Nice review! I'm not an Apple person, but also have been looking at getting an iPad just for the music related apps and stability of the platform. Probably not a Pro though when I go for one

12. Tokolozi

Indeed it's not, for those they will find the product either way.

I thought of it more as you said an informative posts for those looking at laptops/tablets themselves. Might not be relevant for all the people here. But who knows even if just one found it useful in making their descision to try an iPad or try something else instead, that would make it useful already.

I tried to point out the things that made it useful to me, and I'm sure there's users on this forum with similar interests in light photo editing and such...

Sure I could have posted it on Reddit or something else, but I'm pretty sure there's many skilled reviewers and first looks out there already. Why not write one for a community where I'm active, and didn't see any similar topic yet either?

Am I skilled on writing? Hell no, but practice makes perfect doesn't it....Might as well give it a chance here and see the response given. Just like I did for my headphones and smartwatch here in the past.... Pre OnePlus watch and buds day, that is, didn't see anyone complain back then that I didn't focus on Oneplus products, we are after all, enjoyers of tech. Not OnePlus.

13. Tokolozi

Thanks, I haven't tried any of those apps yet tbh. It has Bandcamp pre-installed, but wouldn't necessarily know where to begin with that.... Not my cup of tea....

14. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Jun 15, 2021

15. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jun 15, 2021

16. Cheetosdust
    Junior Moderator Junior Moderator Jun 16, 2021

Cheetosdust , Jun 16, 2021 :
    Oh my good man, I am so sorry for the late reply, but you did an outstanding job. Honestly, it’s a more complete review than many published by professionals.

Not only it gave us an insight of how it is to create with it, but also how it is to consume content. It truly is a little bit of everything the machine can do. Above everything else, I appreciate how unbiased it is - not terrible just because it’s Apple and not the best thing ever invented since dinosaurs caught an asteroid with their teeth.

Not only would I love to know if the points you made still stand, but also if you are happy with what Apple announced for the iPad during WWDC?

Thank you once again, I cannot imagine how many hours you invested in this thread, @Tokolozi. :cool:

17. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Jun 16, 2021

Tokolozi , Jun 16, 2021 :
    Hey, my points still stand as I wrote them, excellent device for my use!

I'm happy with what's announced at wwdc, but would have liked a little bit more.... But I knew never to buy a product based on future features. So this did not influence my experience with the device.

Dresa91 and McJader like this.
  18. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 10, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jul 10, 2021 :
    iPadOS 15 finally adds some stuff that make me less annoyed with my iPad. Not a second too late to get App Library there too.
    And I believe we could not remove icons from launcher before other than hiding in folder or moving to a second page right?

19. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Jul 10, 2021

Tokolozi , Jul 10, 2021 :
    Correct, only folders or multi pages were there to "hide" apps. Much better now in ipadOS 15 I think.

Dresa91 likes this.
  20. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 10, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jul 10, 2021 :
    Got some crash and was tossed out and needed to log back on when deleting a folder... And some apps has turned buggy. More drain than before. But it's expected. A new major version after all.
    But less annoying is a plus at least. Android and iOS keeps on borrowing stuff from each other in one way or a other.
    Not too fond of iOS and I don't think I ever be. But the iPad serves it's purpose for what I need it.
    Newest gen iPads was kind of over hyped and hoped to be a true laptop replacement... But as MKBHD basically says... They are deliberately dumbed down just enough to make a laptop or desktop more suitable for certain type of tasks and workflows. A true laptop mode would make less buy their own laptops I guess.

Tokolozi and Dresa91 like this.