iPhone 6s - Costs as Much as Kidney

1. sarin.j
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2015

sarin.j , Oct 1, 2015 :
    It is very relevant to this discussion. Hows a 4 year old device getting most recent Android update being opposite to the general experience of Android, I am not sure. iOS update schedules are less frequent than Android if you look at the build history of both OS's. Since Android is open source, it doesn't control the h/w market which means some new features simply can't be supported by older h/w. Thats not an Android issue.

2. Namelessghoul
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2015

Namelessghoul , Oct 1, 2015 :
    All phones costs are outright crazy anymore! You just didn't notice it as much when you thought you were getting a device for free or 299.00 you still pay for it through your bill. I bought the new iPhone, and it was a tad over a grand, but I'm not stuck in a contract.

3. missymissycutiepie1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2015

4. kleinbatavia
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2015

kleinbatavia , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Well the OPT is not exactly cheap either, particularly not in the EU. I may be the exception here on the forum, but quite frankly, I would prefer to pay a few hundred euros more for something that works, integrated with my laptop and has customer support, than a bit less for a device that is full of bugs, has hardware and software issues, is not available and is "backed" by a company that has time and again shown they don't give a rat's *ss about customers...

Radeon962 and gringoboy like this.
  5. Gam3Error
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2015

6. urnotalone

urnotalone , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Exactly simplicity has no cost.

7. urnotalone

urnotalone , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Apple is not crap they produce a product that works and is simple. If an issue arises they are quick to act and great customer support and actual stores to go to.

gringoboy likes this.
  8. Gam3Error
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2015

Gam3Error , Oct 1, 2015 :
    No, No and No.

9. jcespi2005

jcespi2005 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Sounds you never had an iPhone ;)

sfomin likes this.
  10. jcespi2005

sfomin likes this.
  11. jcespi2005

LOL Love your reasoning...

sfomin likes this.
  12. jcespi2005

Not true ;) lots of builds for every major version... ask Samsung or LG how many versions for their phones...

13. bgm13
    Froyo Oct 1, 2015

bgm13 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    You've just started a thread questioning and possibly insulting Apple and their prices, yet you would love to buy an iPhone 7 next year? Now I'm confused.

Personally, I have both. I use my OnePlus Two as my work phone and my iPhone 6 as my personal phone. Love both. Both have positives and negatives. I have to say I prefer iOS, always have done, I just love the fluidity of the OS and the stability associated with it.

14. sarin.j
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2015

sarin.j , Oct 1, 2015 :
    I am sorry, but I couldnt follow clearly. I did say there are a lot of builds for each major version for Android. I was saying that its actually more frequent than iOS and Android releases them more frequently than OEM releases.

15. urnotalone

16. jcespi2005

Please don't count Android pure releases as if they were released to users as Apple does ;)
    And about mayor versions, still Apple has more mayor releases than Android. iOS 9 > Marshmallow (AKA Android 6)

17. Jcespite
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2015

Jcespite , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Not true, from my experience Apple support is getting much worse.

18. Jcespite
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2015

Jcespite , Oct 1, 2015 :
    I use both ios and Android and I prefer Android. There is so much more I can do without unrooting. After Ios 8, my devices have not been great. I've stopped upgrading as Apple removes signing of OS so quickly just so that they can say upgrade to new OS is x%. Aplle support was useless, they told me to by a new device? I would have loved to downgrade my iPad 4 to IOS 7, its still buggy after numerous attempts to resolve. My IPad Air 2 is still on ios 8.3, no need for Apple Music once they tried to monopolize the music streaming business by trying to get the music industry to not allow others to offer free 3 months. Even now, you cannot watch the free concerts unless you have Apple Music....

19. gringoboy
    Lollipop Oct 1, 2015

gringoboy , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Oh well, we wil get the mods to close the thread now you've settled it with this insightful, probing analysis of the issues.

20. gringoboy
    Lollipop Oct 1, 2015

gringoboy , Oct 1, 2015 :
    It is impossible to like both. You must choose one, then refuse to accept the other has good points. :rolleyes:

bgm13 likes this.