iPhone?

1. Josephmichaels101
    Cupcake Mar 11, 2017

Josephmichaels101 , Mar 11, 2017 :
    Love using my op3 and have always been anti apple, but since getting the iPad pro, I always get this temptation to get iPhone?
    I know it's ridiculous as others destroy apple with specs but does anyone else think this? What's so desirable about iPhone?
    -Has anyone moved between Apple and android before?

emul87 likes this.
  2. nickpetris
    Honeycomb Mar 11, 2017

FullBlueMotion, Hish98, DMT86 and 7 others like this.
  3. ledsled
    Honeycomb Mar 11, 2017

ledsled , Mar 11, 2017 :
    If you're talking about the latest iPhone, and don't have a problem with Ios and paying for almost everything in their ecosystem, then I'd say get it!
    It's an amazing phone. But it's not perfect. Op3 is better in some things than it, but the chances of you not regretting your decision to get an iPhone 7/7+ are really high

4. ledsled
    Honeycomb Mar 11, 2017

ledsled , Mar 11, 2017 :
    But, if you're talking about 5s/6 then do yourself a favor and please don't. Op3 is miles ahead in almost everything.

However if you've got your eye on 6s then it boils down to what your preferences are (actually it boils down to preferences almost always)

5. Praty_28
    Jelly Bean Mar 11, 2017

Praty_28 , Mar 11, 2017 :
    As you stated in op that you were always anti apple, why did u even buy the ipad pro in the first place? I never ever felt the need of an apple device after using 3T. Maybe its just you or you liked the ios ui or the better touch latency on ur iPad pro which tempts u to buy another iphone! I would never be able to use ios after using android all these years no customization the ugly and slow app store.....Just stick to android i would suggest!

6. jizang
    Lollipop Mar 11, 2017

jizang , Mar 11, 2017 :
    literally comparing apples and pears... see what I've done there ;)

7. nobelium76
    KitKat Mar 11, 2017

nobelium76 , Mar 11, 2017 :
    Apples and Nougats

8. dinjesk
    KitKat Mar 11, 2017

dinjesk , Mar 11, 2017 :
    specs aren't anything.
    iOS is stock much more optimized for their hardware so they won't need such high specs

i have been on iOS and android. my personal fav is android.
    also my wife still has the their latest flagship every year, so i can compare things.

here some pros and cons in my opinion:

---------------
    Apple
    pros: stock is much more optimized that android, noob proof and super customer support
    cons: way to expensive, closed source.

Oneplus
    pros: nicer phone handling (navigation bar and such), open sourced (custom support), price
    cons: bugs, customer support, software updates (support time)

reallyriki, mmddmm1702, UKFX and 5 others like this.
  9. Islam Yussuf
    Cupcake Mar 11, 2017

10. xAphex
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 11, 2017

reallyriki, dineshsp04 and Star Lord like this.
  11. whodatboi
    KitKat Mar 11, 2017

whodatboi , Mar 11, 2017 :
    I am anti-iphone and maybe anti-ipad with jailbreaks being so slow. I'm also anti-macbookairUSBc

So my advice to you is this: iPhone is bad Jew Jew

UKFX and Praty_28 like this.
  12. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Mar 12, 2017

13. din100
    Gingerbread Mar 12, 2017

14. Walter.White
    Eclair Mar 12, 2017

Walter.White , Mar 12, 2017 :
    I can't believe that anyone who ever used both iOS and Android, would pick iOS.

...or wait I can, those would be high school girls, rich boys and vip people. In a word noobs.

15. F_Chettawan_Senapant_Lur
    Gingerbread Mar 12, 2017

ratan.paul22 likes this.
  16. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Mar 12, 2017

toastytoast1234 , Mar 12, 2017 :
    BS clickbait is clickbait.

Apple make genuinely fantastic hardware, and for the most part some solid, reliable software to go with it. Sadly they don't always follow industry standards which favour the consumer. but if you're willing to make the sacrifices to buy into that restricted ecosystem based on your own personal requirements then I'm not going to tell you you're wrong. It works perfectly for my 79 year old mother.

It's not for me though.

ratan.paul22, nobelium76 and meatandy like this.
  17. m.avogadro
    Gingerbread Mar 12, 2017

18. nyzproof333
    KitKat Mar 12, 2017

nyzproof333 , Mar 12, 2017 :
    The nice aspect of an iPhone is you don't have to root it, disable a bunch services (location, voice commands, ect) to get amazing battery life and performance. The app experience on iOS feels more feature rich and polished as well.

Lastly, no more waiting for software updates, when their available, you get them nearly instantly via OTA...None of the waiting and hoping your OEM chooses to update. Yo can also use all of your Google apps in nearly the capacity as you do now. I preferred Android and have always been loyal but recently Apple convinced me to leave Andoid. I got tired of having to tinker with my device to get the performance Apple provides out the box.

Buy an iPhone and give it a try. Return it if you don't feel the same way I do.

meatandy likes this.
  19. Breaking Feud
    Froyo Mar 12, 2017

20. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 12, 2017

Dunnow , Mar 12, 2017 :
    iphones are reliable, specs do not matter, iphones do about the same computational power with less HW do to the nature of their closed ecosystem.

What should bother you is the services you lose. Like, background sync or multitasking apps.

Once an app gets into second plane in iOS it gets shut down after 10 minutes. Therefore, whatsapp messages come late / only when you open the screen.

Google photos do not get synced unless you leave the app open.

etc...

Just because you don't get whatsapp notifications in time, and you dont get to sync data, most importantly photos (and don't tell me iCloud is a solution with only 5gigs of space) anyone should relize how stupid it is to own an iPhone.