Ireland Vodafone 5G on 8 Pro ... Will this ever be resolved

1. A1549608163605
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2020

A1549608163605 , Dec 28, 2020 :
    Chat with OnePlus below ...was directed here to try and get an answer. Wish I had not bothered to buy an 8T Pro as I only upgraded for 5G.

I have an 8T Pro. I am on a 5G plan which has been enabled by my network operator. I understand that there is a software change on the device that is required and (through a previous chat) I was told that this would be "later in Nov or December". Can you please advise when 5G will be available for my phone. Thank you
    Mikaela JohnsonI understand your concern, However, do not worry as I will surely look into the matter for you right away.
    Mikaela JohnsonMay I know from which region are you contacting?
    MR ADRIAN NEVILLEI am based in Ireland and my network operator is Vodafone
    Mikaela JohnsonThank you let me have a check.
    Mikaela Johnson
    Check local carrier 4G(LTE) / 5G(NR) connectivity
    United StatesCanadaCanadaÖsterreichBelgiëBelgiqueБългарияHrvatskaΚύπρος KıbrısČeská RepublikaDanmarkEestiSuomiFranceDeutschlandΕλλάδαMagyarországIrelandItaliaLatvijaLietuvaLuxembourgLuxemburgMaltaNederlandPolskaPortugalRomâniaEspañaSlovenskoSlovenijaSverigeUnited Kingdom中國香港Hong Kong, ChinaIndia
    Info collected from Wikipedia articles

Carrier Support Band (LTE) Support Band (NR)
    3 3/20 n/a
    eir 3/20 n/a
    Vodafone 3/20 n/a
    Even if a device supports some or all of the required frequencies for this carrier, it will not be able to connect unless the device is approved for this network.

Mikaela JohnsonI would like to inform you that, our OnePlus doesn't support Vodafone 5G.

Our technical team is working on this case. As it is handled by different team, we are not aware of the exact date or time.
    MR ADRIAN NEVILLECan you tell me how to get in touch with the team that is handling this? I understand that is a matter of some specific carrier files being included on an OS update by Oneplus. It is not a Vodafone issue.
    Mikaela JohnsonYes, that is right.
    Mikaela JohnsonI would suggest you to post the same in our OnePlus forums as it would directly reach the technical team.
    MR ADRIAN NEVILLEWhere do I find these forums?
    Mikaela JohnsonLet me help you with the link.
    Mikaela Johnsonhttps://forums.oneplus.com/
    Mikaela JohnsonHere is the ink for forums.
    Mikaela JohnsonLink*
    MR ADRIAN NEVILLEI think Oneplus should cease selling the 8T as a 5G phone in Ireland. I would not have bothered to buy it had I known of this issue.
    MR ADRIAN NEVILLEThank you anyway.
    Mikaela JohnsonI can truly understand your situation. I will take this as a feedback.
    Mikaela JohnsonThank you.

edge.s likes this.
  2. B_Wrath
    Nougat Dec 28, 2020

3. A1549608163605
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2020

4. edge.s
    Gingerbread Dec 28, 2020

edge.s , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 28, 2020 :
    Post this in the feedback section, hopefully that will make it more visible.
    I hope it will be updated soon

5. A1549608163605
    Cupcake Dec 30, 2020

A1549608163605 , Dec 30, 2020 :
    Any assistance on where I can post this would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like it will not get any answers here.

6. P1611111153731
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2021

7. albigboss
    Eclair Jun 19, 2021

albigboss , Jun 19, 2021 :
    In a lot of countries the OnePlus smartphones don't support 5G even if these liars of OnePlus sold their smartphones as 5G compatibles. it's a shame. I will never again buy a OnePlus

javimk7 and Sado0og like this.
  8. Sado0og
    Gingerbread Jun 19, 2021

Sado0og , Jun 19, 2021 :
    Me too

I'll never buy any oneplus products again