is 5G dangerous and would it be stopped even if it were?

1. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert May 30, 2019

Cheetosdust , May 30, 2019 :
    I think that thumbnail is clickbait as hell.

5G will not transform you into a Death Stranding character.

2. K1551262438266
    Cupcake May 30, 2019

K1551262438266 , May 30, 2019 :
    who know how the 5G frequency will effect the human cells ?

3. Cheetosdust

I'm not going to enter that type of discussion.

I'll tell you this: if you are not comfortable using a device with 5G, you don't have to buy one.

Those who are comfortable, the first devices are starting to show up in selected markets.

And if you are not comfortable with the 5G as a whole, well, there is nothing we can do here.

4. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 30, 2019

KeepTransisting , May 30, 2019 :
    Jesus the fearmongering whenever a new technology comes out is just ridiculous. Remember when Bluetooth was killing us all? Or cell phones were causing cancer? Remember how microwaves were going to cause unborn babies to burst from their mothers stomachs like Alien?

Chill the **** out people, damn.

The only thing that's even been remotely noted about 5G so far is that it might have an effect on weather forecasting equipment.

Cheetosdust likes this.
  5. Cheetosdust

Maybe this quote is already a side effect of 5G?

6. KeepTransisting

No, it's a side effect of IBPIC

Internet Bullshit Posted In Community

7. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert May 30, 2019

dsmonteiro , May 30, 2019 :
    "5G frequencies are used by the military to disperse crowds."
    Fun fact: so is water (cannons). Is water dangerous too?

Some of these arguments are so out there... I can't understand how people take these videos seriously and then completely ignore scientifically-sound research.

8. KeepTransisting

You have to remember there's a large group of people on this planet who think vaccines cause autism.

People are stupid. Remember what Agent K said:

[​IMG]

toastytoast1234 and dsmonteiro like this.
  9. Cheetosdust

toastytoast1234 and dsmonteiro like this.
  10. dsmonteiro

Shall I post the photo of me nearly drowning again?

toastytoast1234 and Cheetosdust like this.
  11. KeepTransisting

No, but you should post the photo of you nearly drowning. I don't see what drawning has to do with this.

12. dsmonteiro

I was pretty sure I was misspelling that one... :pensive:

Cheetosdust likes this.
  13. Cheetosdust

I would love to make fun of that, but I can't swim. :sweatsmile:

It seems water is indeed more dangerous to us than 5G. :p

14. KeepTransisting

That's good. I was afraid you were bringing something very inappropriate into this forum :p

15. Ellistar
    Gingerbread May 30, 2019

Ellistar , May 30, 2019 :
    I raised this subject in the hope that we could look into the facts behind the articles posted. Not that I or any one else was assuming them to be either true or untrue.

To assume 5g is safe is as "dumb" as assuming it isn't.

Vaccines are proven safe after years of impirical evidence and the actions (and deaths) of some very brave people. We cannot take these actions with mobile rollout.

So some research is only prudent.

Also, saying we can take no action is equally dumb. Of course you can. Pressure against untried and untested tech can work wonders, just look at the folding phone.

Oh wait...

16. dsmonteiro

You said "Cities, countries and maybe even the EU might consider banning testing of the new 5G wavebands."

Can you please provide a source to back up that claim?

17. KeepTransisting

OK, let's go over your articles:

The writer of the Wired article actually questions the way that all radiation testing is done currently, not just 5G. Since 3G/4G/5G is all electromagnetic non-ionizing, we would well have felt the effects more so from 3G / 4G because of its higher power than 5G, which will be much lower powered.

Your second article points out that EM radiation at EXTREMELY HIGH LEVELS can be dangerous, which is true. These would be levels similar to standing inside a microwave oven, something no 5G tower will remotely get anything near.

Your third article is from a sensationalist blog called "Health Nut News", and that's all that really needs to be said about that.

The fact of the matter is 5G uses more cell towers at much lower power than 3G and 4G. That's how it's able to achieve the speeds that it does. Less people connected to the same tower means less congestion means more throughput. And since they're less powered, there's less risk.

The reason they're worried about it affecting weather forecasting is because the signals might interfere with the multitude of small weather stations that assist in forecasting.

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  18. Ellistar
    Gingerbread May 30, 2019

Ellistar , May 30, 2019 :
    Original article had Brussels banning 5g. As we all know the eu is headed in Brussels. It is not much of a projection to see Belgium follow if this ban sticks.

After that it would be logical for Belgium to bring this to the attention of the eu at least.

Now this is all based on the assumption that the temporary ban in Brussels becomes more than that. Currently yes that is a big assumption.

But you can bet one thing. No company that is developing 5g is going to declare 5g unsafe now. If it is.

It will be down to authorities and pressure groups to ensure that the population is safe.

And no this is not the same as microwaves or such. Known contained radiation is simply not the same risk as country /World wide constant additional radiation

19. dsmonteiro

That makes little sense. Brussels local government has nothing to do with national government (which approved for 5G), let alone supra-national government.

The effects of microwaves have been studied for decades now. We know how microwaves interact with matter. Electromagnetic waves are being studied literally for centuries now. You are bombarded with far more electromagnetic waves (potency) of higher frequency (energy) every single day. All of us are. It's called light and we use it for a great deal of things.

Every object known to humankind emits electromagnetic energy, one way or the other. You and me emit way more electromagnetic energy than a phone every moment of our lives. It's called infrarred and, again, is far more powerful than microwaves.

Fearing something because it's new even though there is no data to back it up is just ignorance. I still remember when people used to say that heating food in the microwaves caused cancer because radiation was used.

20. KeepTransisting

Not to mention mmwave is already currently being used by the 802.11ad standard, which would show the same health effects as 5G