Display Is automatic brightness ever going to work?

1. cosmik
    Eclair May 29, 2020

cosmik , May 29, 2020 :
    I've been having this issue from the start and it does seem to be a general issue. Is it that hard to fix the software code that controls the brightness. It's always DIM. It's so dim that I'll be prescribed special glasses.

And no, setting the brightness to a high setting won't cut it, simply because in that case it consumes too much battery.

This is a premium phone, what's the matter with providing decent fixes, even a meagre Redmi 4 can do auto display brightness properly for crying out loud!

Come on one plus, are you going to fix this or not? I can live with the touch accuracy being inaccurate, but this display thing is killing me!

2. Caomhin
    Lollipop May 29, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , May 29, 2020 :
    Conversely mine works great, try disabling Auto Brightness. Then restart the phone.

Once restarted re-enable Auto Brightness and now over a week or so, leave on Auto Brightness, but every time it goes too dim or too bright, set it to where you want it by moving the slider.

After a while, it should learn your habits. And work well. It just takes a bit of time. Also make sure the sensor is clean towards the top of the phone.

See if that helps.

3. Artemus.
    Nougat May 29, 2020

Artemus. , May 29, 2020 :
    Adaptive* brightness.

Caomhin likes this.