Is chasing the OPO really worth your time?

1. zizo79
    Honeycomb Jun 13, 2014

zizo79 , Jun 13, 2014 :
    Okay hear me out. The OPO packs some monster specs for half off most of the flagship Android devices out there. The price is pretty much the only reason why every one in these forums wants one. Aesthetically, the phone looks sweet but it is not the HTC One M8.

My point is your time here really worth the hassle of waiting for contests???

The OPO was announced on April 23, 7 WEEKS ago. Let's say you spend an hour (maybe more for some) a day, 6 days a week, here in the forums and you made minimum wage for each one of them. I am using $7/hour as an example:

Example: 7 x 6 x $7= $294 -- Add it to $349 and you get $643.

You do the math, you'll have enough money to buy any flagship phone out there. Hell you can buy an Nexus 5, a Nexus 7 and have some cash to go out or even donate it to a charity.

Basically, we're all working to promote OP for FREE..Even if they break even, lose money on production costs/overhead, there is nothing like free advertising.

What do you guys think?

2. Fjodor_NL
    Jelly Bean Jun 13, 2014

Fjodor_NL , Jun 13, 2014 :
    i think as soon as i'll get my OPO i'll be sure it was every worth every single minute ;)

Dexter Morgan and mazdarati2 like this.
  3. domi39
    KitKat Jun 13, 2014

domi39 , Jun 13, 2014 :
    it will be worth every single minute of your life

mikeyfrog likes this.
  4. kkr143
    Gingerbread Jun 13, 2014

5. zizo79
    Honeycomb Jun 13, 2014

zizo79 , Jun 13, 2014 :
    being serious?

mikeyfrog likes this.
  6. don-doe
    KitKat Jun 13, 2014

don-doe , Jun 13, 2014 :
    Actually I like the forums to get in touch with other people. I don't see it as a waste of time therefore. However after the announcement of the 2nd race I decided not to take part in these contests any more.
    I'm not in a rush to get this phone so either I'll get one during the next weeks or I'll find an alternative somewhere else. But I'm pretty optimistic that invites will be more generally available soon.

7. oli_tf
    Honeycomb Jun 13, 2014

oli_tf , Jun 13, 2014 :
    Come on volks! This is a start-up company doing it's best to become well known - worldwide! No easy job, but OnePlus is managing in a great way.
    And we are their tools as well as potential customers!
    And it's all about a phone: today it might be a good choice, tomorrow it's old electronics.
    It is in OnePlus One's interest to get as many phones to interested users as fast as possible - that's the business about! Half a year from now, competition will have alternatives to the OnePlus One, better and cheaper.
    So: I am happy to sit here and see how OnePlus One is trying to sell me something - I am the decission maker!

8. domi39
    KitKat Jun 13, 2014

domi39 , Jun 13, 2014 :
    yes why would i be kidding its 300 dollars for amazing specs

9. MarcJG
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 13, 2014

MarcJG , Jun 13, 2014 :
    I get paid while being on the forum, because I mostly only log on at work. :)

10. Hassan
    Froyo Jun 13, 2014

11. azsxdew
    Honeycomb Jun 13, 2014

12. Fongo592
    Gingerbread Jun 13, 2014

Fongo592 , Jun 13, 2014 :
    I still think it's worth the wait. I'm still on contract but I want a new phone for the next year and so I'm waiting for the OPO. I would get a nexus 5 however the battery life and camera are mediocre

13. mikeyfrog

mikeyfrog , Jun 13, 2014 :
    How DARE you speak ill of the TINKLE OF INVITES contest! :p

sigmachi78, ThatGuyMike and chakakhan like this.
  14. Mark Joseph
    Jelly Bean Jun 13, 2014

Mark Joseph , Jun 13, 2014 :
    no one is chasing, we are here just until something else better is out and same quality/price combo.

Deepak and doctorwhovian like this.
  15. Geriszon
    Gingerbread Jun 13, 2014

16. zizo79
    Honeycomb Jun 13, 2014

zizo79 , Jun 13, 2014 :
    This is funny, really funny. sucking up won't guarantee you an invite...

sigmachi78 and mikeyfrog like this.
  17. Kaldrak

Kaldrak , Jun 13, 2014 :
    I totally agree with you. OP created some kind of hype to keep us active on forum as much as possible. They ask us to spread the word, advertise for them, share with friends, etc. They promise invites in exchange of our time (which kinda sucks since you actually get the ok to spend money). They make contests without anouncing anything to make sure we stay logged on their forums.

Personally, I spent way too much time on this forum. Even if I finally end up having an invite, it won't even worth the time I have freely given to OP. I'm logged all day long at work, refreshing from time to time to see if I miss anything, I look in my email box to make sure I didn't miss an invite, keep looking on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ to see what OP has to say.

What do I get in return ? Sweet. ****. All. I'm seriously pissed of all these things. They give invites like if it was diamonds. They don't trully thanks their Early Supporters, only a very few of them. They can't even tell us about what is going on, what's to come in the coming days. But they keep asking us to ad.

OnePlus, we need something in return of all we gave you so far. All we're asking for is giving you our damn money so we can buy your phone. You're losing more and more people everyday.

Shaker2k, Larry, kenozz and 2 others like this.
  18. vjuricic

vjuricic , Jun 13, 2014 :
    Really and honestly no. It affected my marriage. So I need to think to stop chasing OPO.

ShinobiMuramasa, ardian and mikeyfrog like this.
  19. cocococococo
    Honeycomb Jun 13, 2014

cocococococo , Jun 13, 2014 :
    I'm on hollidays, I have no money, and I want to get this quality model. Yes, I belive it is too much expensive, I agree your terms, but... I'm still here like you

20. chaoticelf13
    Eclair Jun 13, 2014