Is clipboard content sold to alibaba? - Answer: No

1. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Jan 12, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Jan 12, 2018 :
    won't be surprised hereafter if they are caught doing that too sometime in future. they really need to give a satisfactory explanation.

Dineshkarthik1122 likes this.
  2. anandsgr18 Jelly Bean Jan 12, 2018

anandsgr18, Jan 12, 2018 :
    The best part come here ,

37kb is a huge data if it holding your debit card details, your netbankiing detail or if it is holding some important phone number or the co-ordinate some place or people.

I don't know why you are just ignoring it because it is 37kb . There are few people whose clipboard content are important and 37kb is not just 37 kB , it is 37*1024*8 bits i.e more than .3 millions of bits .

Dineshkarthik1122 likes this.
  3. apopet26 Froyo Jan 12, 2018

4. toruvinn Froyo Jan 12, 2018

toruvinn, Jan 12, 2018 :
    it's a decent phone. I'm happy with it. no need to blindly hate on OPs. however, spying like that is more than unacceptable. iirc many password keeping apps copy it to clipboard to let people login into services... all your passwords sent to cloud where who knows what happens with them. I don't believe the "we don't store them" part.

JoeBar07 likes this.
  5. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 12, 2018

6. dsmonteiro Starting Point Manager Community Expert Jan 12, 2018

dsmonteiro, Jan 12, 2018 :
    Android Police actually debunked this already.

Like everything OnePlus, this just ended up being overhyped.

FuriousNinja and RonaldM like this.
  7. Android450 Lollipop Jan 12, 2018

Android450, Jan 12, 2018 :
    wJ5fcq8.png

8. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 12, 2018

Dunnow, Jan 12, 2018 :
    They have still been stealing data sinde the OOS launch until a couple months back, and I can still not block them from sending "anon" data.

I want OnePlus to get NOTHING from m device, I don't think it's too much to ask for. No backdoors present, no data sending, not a single KB should go off my phone without ME being the one who installed the app that does so.

It is just not acceptable.

toruvinn likes this.
  9. dsmonteiro Starting Point Manager Community Expert Jan 12, 2018

dsmonteiro, Jan 12, 2018 :
    Clipboard had a feature that was server-assisted. No Clipboard data was actually sent. So, it's really not the case, this time. Of course, you're still well entitled to be pissed off about the rest.

nilz22, rarog and RonaldM like this.
  10. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 12, 2018

Dunnow, Jan 12, 2018 :
    to recognize any of that, you had to send the data each time to then get data in return to "accelerate" next actions.

Anyway, as you said, it's not only this, it's all the stealing and shady things that they still allow on their OS for "supposed" features that we don't even know the functionality for.

Hell... @Carl said that they would delete the data...

First. We had no compensation for all the data stolen we got.
    And second, we never actually were confirmed by a third party that the data was really deleted.

We only have @Carl 's word. And you know how shitty his word is, after all, he lied every single time he came here. Every. Single. Time.

So I'm actually asking them to respond, when will this shady stuff stop.

So much transparency and all and there's no word of it, nor any of it.

Fabritrv, kyzerdroid and Radeon962 like this.
  11. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Jan 12, 2018

rarog, Jan 12, 2018 :
    What would satisfy for you?

I don't know why you are ignoring how the 37KiB are counted and that those 37KiB are not just by the clipboard app and that seeing this data you won't see if clipboard actually sent any data. Because Android summarises data and battery stats by UID (http://www.linfo.org/uid.html) as every apk runs as unique user. All system apps (clipboard is just one of them) use the same UID, so the shown data is same for every system app.

12. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Jan 12, 2018

Stickied Post
    rarog, Jan 12, 2018 :
    To quote it:

The actual analysis of the user, which is interesting for people deeper in the matter: https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/7prvrj/i_looked_into_what_actually_is_being_sent_and/

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018

Bobbie63 and youbi like this.
  13. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Jan 12, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Jan 12, 2018 :
    1. what data was actually transmitted
    2. how would that be used to improve their product
    3. why was it not stated explicitly and why they are not transparent about things they do. they always wait for someone to discover something like this, then they apologize and promise to remove such features with a subsequent update. why?

14. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Jan 12, 2018

rarog, Jan 12, 2018 :
    See this post: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/is-clipboard-content-sold-to-alibaba.746610/page-5#post-17550858
    Or the original post at AP, which was updated, where it was analysed, which data was transmitted. Where official changelog of H2OS is quoted, what the app is doing.

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  15. F_James_N_Roe_KITC Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

F_James_N_Roe_KITC, Jan 12, 2018 :
    I don't have a clipboard app. , I ve got the latest beta on my 3t. I've been researching this. It appears some have, others don't. I'm really curious.

16. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow Jan 12, 2018

17. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Jan 12, 2018

rarog, Jan 12, 2018 :
    Strange, works for me. Anyway it's the 2nd stickied post.

18. BeingIncog Lollipop Jan 12, 2018

rarog and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  19. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow Jan 12, 2018

idkwhoiam322, Jan 12, 2018 :
    Issue with community app, works fine in the browser, thanks!

rarog and BeingIncog like this.
  20. Bhargava Teja Eclair Jan 12, 2018

Bhargava Teja, Jan 12, 2018 :
    how the oneplus break the trust of their customers? what is the use for oneplus to do like this?