Is Community Happy with OnePlus anymore?

1. ab7barad Donut May 19, 2019

ab7barad, May 19, 2019 :
    Whatever they are saying and whatever we are getting from oneplus is not what we are expecting.
    I am happy with the price they are throwing products in the market but that's not the only thing OnePlus is known for. OnePlus is know for giving best specifications at best price and doing something which is different from the smartphone market, that is breaking stereotypes.
    And from last few years they are doing what market is doing and that also few months later. For example, Market was doing notches game and then OnePlus also joined which was okay but that point of time we were expecting water droplet type notch from oneplus but they brought that in the next generation. This also applies to Pop up selfie camera.

Dear OnePlus,
    Don't let your fans down. I love this brand since OnePlus 3 and am still with OnePlus. Hope you will understand.
    Remember to #BreakTheStereotypes

Your Fan and Critic,
    ab7
    1558261841120.jpg

2. Budruel Jelly Bean May 19, 2019

Budruel, May 19, 2019 :
    tenor (50).gif

3. DrummerBoi Froyo May 19, 2019

DrummerBoi, May 19, 2019 :
    There will always be people complaining, even if they would receive the phone for free. Can't do anything about that.

4. thejase Eclair May 19, 2019

thejase, May 19, 2019 :
    I'm disappointed in no headphone jack. The price going up and up doesn't bother me that much. When you ignore a poll that says the majority of people want a feature and then don't implement that feature when you're supposedly a community company, I'm out. Then you give reasons like "battery would have been smaller". First off, assuming that's true, my op6 gets plenty of battery life. Secondly, dash charge is incredibly fast anyway. Third, other manufacturers do it without sacrificing battery. Not to mention, Bluetooth used more battery and has potentially lower quality than a jack. Not only do I think a headphone jack should be included, but it should be a good one, like LG does with it's quad dac. So now, one plus forces me to spend money elsewhere. It's really a shame. I love my op6. Probably the best, most reliable, and fastest phone I've ever owned.

sandeep23raj, mkhare, redvw and 2 others like this.
  5. ab7barad Donut May 19, 2019

ab7barad, May 19, 2019 :
    My point is exactly the same.
    They are not doing what they are supposed to do. Which is, continuing what they were doing in the past.
    1. Listening to community (in some aspects)
    2. Bringing Something New
    3. Never Letting The Fans Down
    4. Price (which is now okay with OP7 but wasn't with 6T)

Edwin_Mathew_Jaison likes this.
  6. ab7barad Donut May 19, 2019

ab7barad, May 19, 2019 :
    Free or Paid, Product must be that good dude.
    And no one is getting free products here (excluding giveaways)
    And If you have followed OnePlus from past 4-5 years, you will notice,they are not going with their set parameters since last 1 to one and a half years.

7. E1558267162531 Eclair May 19, 2019

E1558267162531, May 19, 2019 :
    Hi,
    Just received my one plus and got to admit this this is beatiful. The screen and the speed are the best combination. Great thinking by one plus to get the best display possible with the best specs available.
    But i got some issues bugging me.
    1. The screen glare is too distracting. The curves look good but functionality is minimal.
    2. The cameras are just average(even after latest updates)..someone suggestednto use gcam so i'll try that. But coming from an s9 plus and the cameras are just average still.
    3. The dual speakers are a good addition this time and a really needed one. But voice clarity and speakers are sometimes muffled.
    4. Lil bit worried about the front camera as i live in a very dusty city..lets see how it holds.
    overall they have given a great phone and i like the ui(coming from a samsung phone the oxygen os is haven for me)

8. ab7barad Donut May 19, 2019

ab7barad, May 19, 2019 :
    Enjoy your 7Pro Dude.

9. Coastie Honeycomb May 19, 2019

Coastie, May 19, 2019 :
    Well I'm not happy with the 7 not being released in the US, can't say I'm unhappy with OP as a whole, just disappointed.

redvw likes this.
  10. DrummerBoi Froyo May 19, 2019

Getting the phone for free or not was not the point of my reply. Regardless what the company does, people will always find a reason to complain.

11. E1558267162531 Eclair May 19, 2019

E1558267162531, May 19, 2019 :
    problem is company did something and came out with a product with higher cost and still settling for compromises..the camera,spakers are mediocre..for paper they are very good..in real life these are compromises..and the screen glare is annoying me soo much.

redvw and ab7barad like this.
  12. DrummerBoi Froyo May 19, 2019

Then don't buy the phone and look for alternatives. You already have a list of things that bother you, so you can look for devices that meet your requirements. Simple.

13. MikeMp Honeycomb May 19, 2019

14. ab7barad Donut May 19, 2019

ab7barad, May 19, 2019 :
    Being a customer he/she gets the right to complain. And in this case I am a Fanboy. So telling something to the brand I love is fair, isn't it?

15. ab7barad Donut May 19, 2019

ab7barad, May 19, 2019 :
    Yes, again, don't know why they are doing this.
    They give best specs packed phone always and whats about US now?

Last edited: May 19, 2019

16. ab7barad Donut May 19, 2019

ab7barad, May 19, 2019 :
    Yes, again, don't know why they are doing this.
    They give best specs packed phone always and whats about US now?

17. Nick 59 Lollipop May 19, 2019

Nick 59, May 19, 2019 :
    upload_2019-5-19_18-24-15.png
    There will always be a highly vocal minority that will never be happy.
    The silent majority that are delighted with their devices do not take to the forum to whine so it could be easy to get the wrong impression.

No-one is forced to buy any phone. If you don't like it, don't buy it - simples!

18. ab7barad Donut May 19, 2019

ab7barad, May 19, 2019 :
    It's not what they have started community for, dude.
    They also want to hear from us and being a customer giving feedback and asking some improvements is always acceptable.

mkhare likes this.
  19. hector689 Froyo May 19, 2019

hector689, May 19, 2019 :
    I gotta say, I have my one plus 7 pro, got it a couple of days ago, and totally love it, I am really proud of OnePlus as a whole. I have been with them since the very first phone they released the OnePlus one I bought pretty much every single phone except for the OnePlus 2 and just absolutely love my experience with the OnePlus device, have they make mistakes? yes, no one is perfect, do I miss the removal of the headphone jack? yes, but we do have to keep in mind this is something that the industry as a whole is moving forwards and OnePlus just can't seem like they're behind everyone else. overall the OnePlus 7 pro has been a wonderful device beautiful display. 90 Hertz display is just outstanding and the software compliments quite well.

20. hector689 Froyo May 19, 2019

hector689, May 19, 2019 :
    can't really say that to be true, as an owner of of a 7 pro myself, the speakers are fantastic and the camera while not on par to something like a pixel is quite good, the software is really where OnePlus shines, as a pixel owner myself I can say I prefer oxigen os to to Google's pixel version of Android, updates are adequately quick, jet it's packed with super useful features not present on "stock" Android.

redvw likes this.