Is Community Happy with OnePlus anymore?

1. DrummerBoi Froyo May 19, 2019

DrummerBoi, May 19, 2019 :
    Yet again, that is not what I (indirectly) claim. You have your reasons not to like/buy the phone and that's fine. You listed the things that you want - fair enough. You can find a device that meets your requirements.

You say that they used to be a disrupter, now they are not, as they are following the mainstream. Apparently, that is what the majority likes, else the first phone after the changes would have flopped.

Besides that, being a customer doesn't "give you the right to complain". Giving constructive criticism, sure. But complaining for the sake of complaining, like some are doing, is just lame.

Android450 and Nick 59 like this.
  2. ab7barad Eclair May 19, 2019

ab7barad, May 19, 2019 :
    Enjoy your device dude.

3. ab7barad Eclair May 19, 2019

ab7barad, May 19, 2019 :
    You won't get it Sir.
    Its like a family member asking another family member (oneplus) to keep going high without following others.
    I want oneplus to make a different mark in market where other companies will try and follow oneplus.

4. hector689 Froyo May 19, 2019

hector689, May 19, 2019 :
    what other manufacturer has made a phone that has a 2K 90 Hertz OLED HDR 10 plus display with Dolby Atmos speakers and super clean software? what else do you want them to innovate on? if you want OnePlus the innovate are you willing to pay the cost of extra R&D? remember OnePlus it's not like a company like Apple or Samsung that sells hundreds of thousands of phones they can keep the prices low while also spending millions of dollars in research and development.

Nick 59 and DrummerBoi like this.
  5. DrummerBoi Froyo May 19, 2019

I get you, but I think your arguments are poor. Where OnePlus is an entity with a progressive vision while you are still thinking of the "good old days". They can't please everyone - I guess you will be one of those they can't please.

Nick 59 likes this.
  6. mkhare Donut May 19, 2019

mkhare, May 19, 2019 :
    What exactly is your point - that OP7 Pro is perfect and the OP had no right to share his impression on a community thread?

ab7barad likes this.
  7. DrummerBoi Froyo May 19, 2019

No, he claims that OnePlus "is not listening to what WE" are saying - speaking of the masses. If that were to be the case, their sales would be awful. He even claims that he is happy with a few things they have done, but he doesn't like the direction oneplus is going. All in saying is that they can't, and won't, please everyone. Oneplus not being there. Disrupter they used to be doesn't mean they do not fulfill the wants of their community. They have chosen to follow the big boys with some things. Even if they would keep doing "crazy" stuff, people would still find way to complain.

Once again, giving constructive criticism and feedback is good - we need that. Complaining for the sake of complaining creates an unnecessary echo chamber. Not liking features x, y, z or missing specs a, b, c doesn't mean the company became a greedy entity neglecting their (old) customers, it means both parties have different things in mind, which is fine. You can move on or wait for a new version that does have the things you want.

mkhare and Nick 59 like this.
  8. E1558267162531 Eclair May 20, 2019

E1558267162531, May 20, 2019 :
    idk..maybe you havent heard some good stereo speakers..but they are definately muffled on mine..i'm not saying they're bad..but they are not good either..and camera right now is trash if compared to pixel also..i ised gcam someone sent me a link still waiting for the proper build..and if you think its close to pixel on camera then i'm sure you dont have one.

9. hector689 Froyo May 20, 2019

hector689, May 20, 2019 :

E1558267162531

idk..maybe you havent heard some good stereo speakers..but they are definately muffled on mine..i'm not saying they're bad..but they are not good either..and camera right now is trash if compared to pixel also..i ised gcam someone sent me a link still waiting for the proper build..and if you think its close to pixel on camera then i'm sure you dont have one.​

Owned the pixel 2 xl before I got the ones 7, yes the camera was good, but the software was just trash, after a few months it felt like l was using a 200 dollar phone instead of a flagship, that one had stero speakers and they were ok similar to the one plus 7 pro, but idk mine sounds good. I would compare the OnePlus 7 pro speakers to that of the Razer phone (first version) which I also own. yes I've had a lot of phones...

10. The1Lion Lollipop May 20, 2019

The1Lion, May 20, 2019 :
    So what exactly are you expecting? :confused: Perhaps I'm not understanding but the 6 had a smaller notch then most phones at the time, the 6T reduced not only the notch but the bezels a bit as well and now the 7 Pro does away with a notch with a popup. What do you expect? The phone to capture and store 3D holograms? That it has a map app that magically teleport's you to where you want to go? My expectation, TBH, was that the "7" would be the next phone with slight improvements - I was not expecting a 7 Pro (until all the leaks of course).

Android450 and DrummerBoi like this.
  11. E1558267162531 Eclair May 20, 2019

well thats what i'm saying..compare it to pixel 3 xl camera and it takes well i wouldnt say bad but not good either..and stereo speakers are i think personal preference..most of us use wireless earbuds most of the time so not much of a concern in day to day use..but still you can call it ocd or whatever its in my brain and now i cant get it out..and another issue is the screen glare from sides..my god this phone is a total light reflector..only thing i'm happy about is the software and performance which one plus nails in every phone..

12. hector689 Froyo May 20, 2019

hector689, May 20, 2019 :

E1558267162531

well thats what i'm saying..compare it to pixel 3 xl camera and it takes well i wouldnt say bad but not good either..and stereo speakers are i think personal preference..most of us use wireless earbuds most of the time so not much of a concern in day to day use..but still you can call it ocd or whatever its in my brain and now i cant get it out..and another issue is the screen glare from sides..my god this phone is a total light reflector..only thing i'm happy about is the software and performance which one plus nails in every phone..​

yes I do I agree the screen glare is distracting lol, but omw does having a screen this size and like 90% without bezel looks good!

13. E1558267162531 Eclair May 20, 2019

i already bought it..after that i'm complaining..i pre ordered it..received it 2 days ago..

14. ab7barad Eclair May 20, 2019

ab7barad, May 20, 2019 :
    Look, here u mentioned to wait for next gen. That's the thing. We don't expect this from them. We want OnePlus to be one step ahead.

15. E1558267162531 Eclair May 20, 2019

ab7barad

Look, here u mentioned to wait for next gen. That's the thing. We don't expect this from them. We want OnePlus to be one step ahead.​

leave it..there was a time one plus community was good..now its just kids filled with rage on why you tried to criticise the phone which you actually bought in the first place..not like we should go to android authority forums and complain about the one plus device..but problems are problems and they only say list it on the community forums we listen to you..

ab7barad likes this.
  16. ab7barad Eclair May 20, 2019

ab7barad, May 20, 2019 :
    Exactly..
    I also want them to do some magic and include one feature where only the owner must be worthy of lifting the phone and no one else except he is captain america.

17. ab7barad Eclair May 20, 2019

ab7barad, May 20, 2019 :
    You forgot about UFS 3.0
    It's all good with the latest phone. My question is why so late? Bring it all before it's a trend. And not because I am saying, it's their promise to give special experience to their customers with their latest device.

18. mkhare Donut May 20, 2019

mkhare, May 20, 2019 :
    You are right, every customer who doesnt like a phone has choice (thankfully), and knows it. OP doesnt agree with the direction Oneplus is moving in. He is doing OnePlus a big favour by describing his feelings. I wish the discussion had a few construcitve points. So adding my 2c for whatever it's worth.

OnePlus 7Pro, considering the features it misses in comparison to s10+ is definitely close to Samsung, Apple price territory. So Oneplus is no longer a flagship for a jaw dropping price - that was only till OnePlus 2.

Later models came with different USP's - phone color, rugged build, AMOLED screen, high RAM. Their last model ,OnePlus 6T, was quite lower than Samsung and still sells well because of dash charging and a decent camera. So it's succes wasnt just price, but a feature that stood out.

I bought the Oneplus 7 Pro because I thought the screen, camera and battery life would be class leading. They are fine, but not class leading. A killer feature could be a AR app, VR glasses, more convenient size, a really bright screen, 5G etc.etc.. Brag value, you see.

Also, OnePlus should consider Bullets V2 and a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter in the box to stick to the Never Settle philosophy. By the way, I am happy that a back cover was included, it is needed.

Hope this adds to the discussion in some small way. Cheerio.

Last edited: May 20, 2019

DrummerBoi likes this.
  19. DrummerBoi Froyo May 20, 2019

DrummerBoi, May 20, 2019 :
    YOU don't expect this from them - others may. Stop speaking of other people's behalf, as the silent majority approve of OnePlus' actions.

20. E1558267162531 Eclair May 20, 2019

well he can include the we i suppose..much more was expected at that price point..again i say..it looked very good on paper..but on using it..its once again a phone with compromises here and there which are noticable..you maybe okay with it..many are not.