Is Community Happy with OnePlus anymore?

1. The1Lion
    Marshmallow May 20, 2019

The1Lion , May 20, 2019 :
    That's not their model. They leave things out, wait for that tech to develop and then add it. This leaves them options on what to improve.

Love it or hate it, that's the way it seems they do it with their devices. To launch a newer technology on their device, they would need a considerable chunk of cash to throw into R&D and I'm not sure they have those deep pockets yet.

DrummerBoi likes this.
  2. DrummerBoi
    Froyo May 20, 2019

DrummerBoi , May 20, 2019 :
    Thank you, this is relevant and useful information one could debate on instead of baseless speculation on behalf of the community like OP did. You mention a lot of good points, which I can agree with to some extent (I didn't have any of the 6 phones, so I can't really compare). Replies like this are useful instead of threads like without any proper arguments.

Are you liking the software so far though? I came from a 3T, so everything is an improvement, except for the missing headphone jack.

mkhare likes this.
  3. DrummerBoi
    Froyo May 20, 2019

We will see if these "many people" are indeed not happy with the phone and see an influx of threads of people claiming to return their phones.

4. E1558267162531
    Eclair May 20, 2019

E1558267162531 , May 20, 2019 :
    well..i think you havent bought a one plus phone outside a contract..if you have you should know their resale value is next to nil after a few days..no one buys one plus to sell it later(obviously if on contract its a different matter)..and the issues are not to the extent of returning..its about the overall experience..of having to buy a one plus..i went from one plus one to one plus 6 with them..then shifted to samsung(utter disappointment on buying) and then again came back for 7 pro..but overall experience has definately changed..

5. mkhare
    Donut May 20, 2019

mkhare , May 20, 2019 :
    Thank you. I havent noticed any big difference from my Samsung earlier - everything is glitch free and the interface is minimal, snappy. But so was OneUI. Nitpicking here now..

A positive - Oneplus Switch is much better and faster than Samsung Switch
    A negative - The camera takes a 3-5 seconds after taking a pic.

DrummerBoi likes this.
  6. DrummerBoi
    Froyo May 20, 2019

Bold of you to assume that I haven't bought a OnePlus phone without a plan. Phones without a plan: One, Two, and Seven Pro Plus. Phone on a plan: 3T. Even then, I don't see how the value of the phone has anything to do with the resale value. I specifically mention returning/refunding the phone to OnePlus or your carrier (in the countries I know of, you can return the phone within 14 days of purchase/starting the contract without being stuck on it).

Anyway, a question for you - why did you dislike the Samsung that much? And how has the experience of OnePlus changed from the six to the seven? I'm curious, because I cannot imagine much can have changed within a year experience-wise.

7. DrummerBoi
    Froyo May 20, 2019

Fair enough, fair enough. Yeah, the slow camera is indeed bothersome... Hopefully that will change with software updates

8. Neddard
    Lollipop May 20, 2019

Neddard , May 20, 2019 :
    No "buyer's remorse" or "just did not like" returns in India, according to reports here in the community. Those options were supposedly removed due to abuse. The only returns allowed are for hardware defects, and then, only in the first 10 days. After that, it's repair only.

(credit @camohan)

camohan likes this.
  9. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator May 20, 2019

camohan , May 20, 2019 :
    I appreciate the early buyers. But some of them are not accustomed to the return, replacement policies and cry foul in the forum on how they are cheated and stuff

I have always been practical in terms of electronics to notj ump the bandwagon be it a mobile device or any other purchase. It's very natural to encounter issues in the beginning. Patience and trust is required.

10. G_Jofon_ave
    Donut May 20, 2019

G_Jofon_ave , May 20, 2019 :
    I agree with you but think it is the finger print sensor not the battery that replaced the 3.5 Jack.

11. jerrymilton
    Jelly Bean May 20, 2019

jerrymilton , May 20, 2019 :
    your FIRST post EVER and this is what you come up with ? why didn't you join the forum 3 years ago when the OP3 was released ? there are SOME of us that have been on the forum and with OnePlus since the OnePlus One. so seeing the rampant "demands" as of late is laughable at best. It would seem everyone from India is pissed off on a regular basis.

12. thejase
    Eclair Jun 18, 2019

thejase , Jun 18, 2019 :
    Yeah, that headphone jack would take millions to develop. Lol

13. thejase
    Eclair Jun 18, 2019

thejase , Jun 18, 2019 :
    Firstly, assuming people from India are pissed off as whole is just plain ignorant. Secondly, you don't get more of a say nor does your word carry any more authority simply because you've owned multiple iterations of their phones. Third, many are forgetting that oneplus already had a phones with all the latest tech PLUS a headphone jack. Keep it in. If you don't want to use it, don't. It really has no negatives other than maybe waterproofing which they don't want to pay to certify anyway. They dropped the ball. Some things are annoyances notch, curved edge screen, for example. Lack of headphone jack is a big deal for many. Both in sound quality and battery life. Using an adapter is both annoying and prevents a charge. Buying yet another adapter to split usb-c into power and audio is more that can get lost or damaged. Keep jack in, solves all issues and doesn't hurt others (despite the b.s. claims for battery life. Getting too expensive to "always settle".

14. AnantDags
    Gingerbread Jun 18, 2019

15. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jun 18, 2019

The1Lion , Jun 18, 2019 :
    Been there, done that, next. :p

16. Shubhamsgh2
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

Shubhamsgh2 , Jun 18, 2019 :
    as OP 7 PRO has curved scree , I need to know do one plus provided some features on curve screen like we used to have on Samsung mobile phones except blue notification light???

also would like to know is there any way to use via one hand? as it has large screen we can't use with one hand.

notification drawer is drawn from top of screen,for which I have to place my fingers on top which is very inconvenient.
    with Samsung large screen devices , notification pannel shift a bit down . Does one plus provided this type of features?

does one plus have taken care for these features? is there any app we can use to Avoid the same?

17. sbramell
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2019

sbramell , Jun 23, 2019 :
    I LOVE ONEPLUS!!!

***** & moan all you want, but in the end you're still getting way more phone for less money. I've always said this every time someone starts this crap...no one is forcing you to buy OnePlus phones!!! So, stop whining & go buy something else & be unhappy there too, because I can guarantee you'll find something no matter what you're using. My pourage is to hot, my pourage is to cold, my pourage is NEVER just right...

18. venkatasiva08
    Gingerbread Jun 25, 2019

venkatasiva08 , Jun 25, 2019 :
    This is the attitude to abandon OnePlus fans

19. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 25, 2019

KeepTransisting , Jun 25, 2019 :
    I'm pretty happy with them. Sure there are things they can improve upon, but overall I'm satisfied. Besides, I think OxygenOS is easily the best custom Android variant there is. Fast with almost no bloat.

20. thejase
    Eclair Jul 16, 2019

thejase , Jul 16, 2019 :
    that's a good point. they definitely should have in screen fp no matter what. just disappointing.