Is it better option to buy OnePlus 9 pro via OnePlus 5

1. navakrishnamanyam
    Froyo Apr 14, 2021

2. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Apr 14, 2021

the_o2, Caoimhín and Tokolozi like this.
  3. mud4ss4r
    Honeycomb Apr 14, 2021

mud4ss4r , Apr 14, 2021 :
    Buy an iPhone 12 instead.

This phone heats up like crazy specially during summer, when near the window, in hotter area, or doing heavy task in it.

I sometimes just browse facebook sitting near my window and it would give those warnings. I mean a flagship which cant even browse facebook like seriously? 😛

Also what is the use of so powerful camera system if hardware wont let it even record for 10mins in 4k. And while doing some minor task. I have never seen an iphone giving warning that ur phone temperature is high. We are cooling it.

Camera too is nothing special. In most conditions even iphone 11 pics and videos would come close or look good.

4. Caoimhín
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 14, 2021

Caoimhín , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 14, 2021 :
    I would suggest checking the Lab reviews. They are all very honest in the way they are presented. And don't hold back on details. Also check out additional external reviews from well know websites, Gsmarena, Engadget, Tom's Hardware, amongst others. These will give a good perspective on what to expect. Though not the same as holding the 9 Pro in your hands.

@Swejuggalo currently has one, we are awaiting ours. And he would give you his straight up opinion about the phone.

At the end of the day though, it's a personal informed choice. But I do believe from the reviews I have read that OnePlus got this one right.

You will mostly see the negative in the Community, but that's the same in every phone manufacturers forums, because people who are happy with their phone rarely have the need to come on and say so. It's usually the minority and much of the issues faced are easy fixes with a few steps, some may require an update.

Same with all phones, even Apple have issues with theirs.

5. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 14, 2021

Swejuggalo , Apr 14, 2021 :
    I'm very happy with the phone. I don't have heat issues. The heat don't seem to happen to everyone either.
    However high workload and/or faulty background process will give ANY phone a problem in hotter environments.
    Without having been able to personally investigate a phone that heat easilly it's hard to give a really good idea on those phones causes and reasons for heating. I personally believe a lot of the heat issues has several reasons.

My own tests proves 9 Pro is pretty equal to 7 Pro and 8 Pro in thermal throttling tests. In 20°C it's great and can withstand a 15 minute 100% on all cores. So when a 9 Pro works like it should it should also be pretty equal to 7 Pro and 8 Pro in regards to heat.

As many new phones there are a few new devices issues but I have no doubt it will improve over time. I don't really have anything that I find critical. No reboots or hanging. Stable and good and with pretty equal battery as from my 8 Pro.

6. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Apr 15, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Apr 15, 2021 :
    Thank you, for sharing your insights. :)
    Hopefully @navakrishnamanyam shall make a learned decision now. :)

Caoimhín and the_o2 like this.
  7. dinamoski
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2021

dinamoski , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 15, 2021 :
    I have the 9Pro. I don't have any of the issues raised on the forum.
    My phone has been stable from day 1.
    For me I would pay the extra not for the fast charging but for the sharper screen.

8. Arjun_Choudhry
    KitKat Apr 15, 2021

Arjun_Choudhry , Apr 15, 2021 :
    It's a tough decision for sure. Depends on what you need. If your budget is flexible, then an S21 Ultra can be found on sale in offline stores (for around 80K). If you can't spend that much, then an iPhone 12 is also a good bet, if you can digest iOS. Both use better glass (Victus and ionised respectively) and are more durable. And their cameras are equally good. Else, you could always take a look at the S21+. Has a bigger battery but slower charging. But again, it depends on if you can digest OneUI. Also, do wait and see if the Mi11 Ultra falls in your range. It launches next week and has a better camera, bigger battery and the newest Gorrila Glass Victus, and doesn't compromise on charging speeds either

Caoimhín likes this.
  9. navakrishnamanyam
    Froyo Apr 16, 2021

navakrishnamanyam , via OnePlus 5 , Apr 16, 2021 :
    Thanks for the info,so it's upto me now 🤔🤔

Swejuggalo and Caoimhín like this.