Is it possible to change IMEI

1. James_Haim
    Cupcake Mar 7, 2021

James_Haim , Mar 7, 2021 :
    Hey all, I just wanted to find out if it's possible to change the IMEI number of an OP 7T because mine was stolen a while back and I have seen it being used by someone. I was hoping to go to the authorities to verify if it is indeed my device, but if the IMEI is changeable will it still be possible to track it?

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Mar 7, 2021

Dresa91 , Mar 7, 2021 :
    In general it is possible to change it: https://www.techk47.com/change-imei-number-on-android/

you can go to the authorities and report it. This is the only chance and way to get back your phone

Tokolozi, the_o2 and McJader like this.
  3. 95_deepak
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2021

95_deepak , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 8, 2021 :
    Imei is probably something that is connected to the motherboard of a phone. So if the person you are talking about got his motherboard replaced from somewhere and if it was your phone's motherboard, then essentially that person will have the same Imei as your phone!

Just exploring the possibilities.. 😅

4. Dipjyoti Nath
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Mar 10, 2021

Dipjyoti Nath , Mar 10, 2021 :
    We've got in touch with you via personal conversation to give you more insights regarding this. Please check for the same.

Regards,
    Dipjyoti

Dresa91 likes this.
  5. James_Haim
    Cupcake Mar 10, 2021

James_Haim , Mar 10, 2021 :
    Hello all, thank you for the immediate response. I took your advice, went to the authorities and they manage to track it. Thank you all