is it safe to use substratum?

1. Luxemberg Nixon X
    Honeycomb Dec 31, 2017

Luxemberg Nixon X , Dec 31, 2017 :
    i have downloaded pitchblack, ozone...and after i install mnml display i restart my device and my device cannot start up. it always says 'system ui has stopped' i tried everything but it doesn't work..so i have to factory reset again, and now im using only ozone and pitchblack and now in afraid that things gonna happen again? please comment thx

2. m_a_n_i_s_h
    Honeycomb Dec 31, 2017

m_a_n_i_s_h , Dec 31, 2017 :
    you might have conflicted overlays. uninstall all overlays from overlay manager in substratum app. after that apply overlays again. your can use YouTube for reference

amrprsad likes this.
  3. 10032
    Eclair Dec 31, 2017

10032 , Dec 31, 2017 :
    You have to Uninstall all your overlays before updating the phone this is why your system ui stopped.
    You can reset only settings and apps to get back to your normal device without formatting your all data.

amrprsad likes this.
  4. isthatxavier
    Honeycomb Dec 31, 2017

isthatxavier , Dec 31, 2017 :
    it made my phone crash cause I didn't know what I was doing. Plus, themes weren't as great as I expected. not worthy to me

5. krupal kadu
    Donut Dec 31, 2017

krupal kadu , Dec 31, 2017 :
    i lost all my data last night due to substratum
    system ui crashed and substratum refused to open up app
    and was unable to recover my data through pc as i cant toggle settings from charging to file transfer

6. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Dec 31, 2017

VaibhavBhargava , Dec 31, 2017 :
    Make sure you are selecting the right version of the OS.

Also the most trusted are pitch black and Swift black themes.

amrprsad likes this.
  7. amrprsad
    Gingerbread Dec 31, 2017

amrprsad , Dec 31, 2017 :
    Substratum Themes require patience. One can't go on clicking all the options and apply.
    Proper and safe application of overlays should atleast take you 5-10mins. Correct app version, correct OS version, compatibility all need to be taken inaccount

8. Luxemberg Nixon X
    Honeycomb Dec 31, 2017

VaibhavBhargava likes this.
  9. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 31, 2017

GopalB. , Dec 31, 2017 :
    I guess this was for you guys...

10032 and VaibhavBhargava like this.
  10. jayianoneplus
    Gingerbread Dec 31, 2017

jayianoneplus , Dec 31, 2017 :
    am using pitchblack as my main module, then only enable a few features in ozone like clock settings, aosp status icons, phone dialer. all working good. i have op5 official oreo by the way. make sure when you enable selected few features to activate "disable other theme" option.

11. ritesh808
    Honeycomb Dec 31, 2017