is it still worth buying oneplus one now?

1. AraeZi
    Froyo May 7, 2016

2. jstepa
    KitKat May 7, 2016

jstepa , May 7, 2016 :
    I think because you are MOD, you should be treating every ROM as equal and not suggesting one over another, especially that one?

3. An.I.Am
    Jelly Bean Moderator May 7, 2016

An.I.Am , May 7, 2016 :
    Yes, might be right, but at the same time I'm a user of this forum too, so I have my personal opinions and thoughts too. But idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

meatandy and mwayner like this.
  4. jstepa
    KitKat May 7, 2016

jstepa , May 7, 2016 :
    Well of course you can plug your friend and use your MOD "powers" as you feel like :confused::eek::rolleyes:
    You should choose what you are, you can't be both?

5. travishb2
    Eclair May 8, 2016

travishb2 , May 8, 2016 :
    Oneplus one is a great device! There's a ton of awesome roms to choose from! I'm running COS 13 with boeffla kernel now, It's blazing fast. Get your dad one.

6. Slatter191
    Lollipop May 8, 2016

Slatter191 , May 8, 2016 :
    Oh definitely yes, even after almost 2 yrs still a killer with COS 13, best OP product.

meatandy likes this.
  7. Maphew
    Donut May 8, 2016

Maphew , May 8, 2016 :
    No. why would you. OPO is a terrible phone. Last update broke my phone. Tech 2 flashed my phone and now my phone does not even work. Every update they update with just makes the phone worse. Why do you think there are so many threads about fixing OPO's? Skip it and get the moto pure or an LG phone. Less hassle and you actually just get the android updates, not some crap *** OS that does noting but breaks your OPO.

8. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow May 8, 2016

Ceasedd , May 8, 2016 :
    Great device.

meatandy likes this.
  9. m.pratham
    Jelly Bean May 8, 2016

10. naveennair
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 8, 2016

naveennair , May 8, 2016 :
    Yes, of course. I ain't questioning your views. It's just that quite few of my friends (from Club India group) are using 1+2 and they have praised the device. Also, may I suggest that you try what @aenews, has suggested ?

11. Deactivated User
    May 8, 2016

12. An.I.Am
    Jelly Bean Moderator May 8, 2016

13. julio.panchame

14. jstepa
    KitKat May 8, 2016

15. VirtuosoLoki
    Gingerbread May 8, 2016

VirtuosoLoki , May 8, 2016 :
    My OPO can still handle all my gaming needs. So yea, damn good phone for an old man, damn good secondary phone for a young man, damn good phone for a poor young man.

16. Skittels

17. Yurie
    Froyo May 8, 2016

Yurie , May 8, 2016 :
    It's a great phone, but it's likely at the end of its support lifecycle as it was released over 2 years ago now. How long will the software be maintained for it (e.g. for security updates?) And I wouldn't recommend relying on custom ROMs for updates unless the user likes to tinker with their devices (I'm guessing that your dad probably doesn't...)

I'd suggest a OnePlus X or a Nexus 5X.

18. elchapinde617

19. An.I.Am
    Jelly Bean Moderator May 8, 2016

An.I.Am , May 8, 2016 :
    Serious
    I treat all the roms the same, I try them and if I like one of them I'll recommend it, usually it's cm sometimes others roms, that's something I enjoy doing. And everyone should remember that these are my personal opinions.

meatandy likes this.
  20. Scooterch
    Eclair May 8, 2016

Scooterch , May 8, 2016 :
    No, unfortunately. There are several good alternatives at a similar price. I bought the OPO for my son when it came out and I recently inherited it, when he upgraded to a OP2. The screen is too dim to use outdoors and the battery doesn't last me a day, even on the latest OS which should be more efficient. I carry an old Moto G (v1) as well, for the battery and screen brightness.
    I even changed the OPO battery and the screen (not simple) but it is no better. Now it is forgetting my WiFi passwords frequently. The OPO will likely show its age quickly.
    Shop around for a Nexus 5 or 5x or a Moto (several models depending on your budget and location).