2. afr0dactyl
    Gingerbread Aug 28, 2017

afr0dactyl , Aug 28, 2017 :
    Exactly. Shit's crazy, lol

conrado and Kenji Achiles like this.
  3. v0 HaVoK 0v
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 28, 2017

v0 HaVoK 0v , Aug 28, 2017 :
    The phone is very fast and powerful. But I feel they lied the camera, they are so over processed they look like paintings and the video quality drops when you make any kind of movement, the video mode is just unusable it's so bad

IqbalZ likes this.
  4. Oblivion2026
    Donut Aug 28, 2017

Kenji Achiles likes this.
  5. afr0dactyl
    Gingerbread Aug 28, 2017

Really? I find the stabilization and video quality impeccable... especially considering it's EIS.

6. Android-Andi
    Jelly Bean Aug 28, 2017

Android-Andi , Aug 28, 2017 :
    you might want to take a look at the HTC U11 too. Price difference made me buy the OP5, but the HTC might have been the better choice if I had enough money.

A plus has always been good custom ROM support on OP devices, often more complicated on most other brands.

7. WillTL
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2017

WillTL , Aug 28, 2017 :
    OP - what phone are you coming from? Prior to owning the OP5 I had the original OPO. The OP5 is a good phone, but doesn't feel like a massive leap over the OPO. If you have something like a OP3 I don't consider the OP5 worth upgrading to.

8. afr0dactyl
    Gingerbread Aug 28, 2017

No headphone jack killed that phone for me.

9. Oblivion2026
    Donut Aug 28, 2017

Oblivion2026 , Aug 28, 2017 :
    Im coming from a Sony Xperia M4 aqua, a budget phone, so im looking for a well spec'd phone for a decent price

10. v0 HaVoK 0v

Yes the EIS works well, but do you not get that blocky quality drop when panning or making movement in video? It's particularly noticeable in 4k. Like the bitrate drops when making movement.

11. G_Shubhneet_Sethi_utUd
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2017

G_Shubhneet_Sethi_utUd , Aug 28, 2017 :
    Easily more than a day. I charge 100% in the morning & go to bed, watch movies for 2-3 hours, it still has ~30% of power left.

12. afr0dactyl
    Gingerbread Aug 28, 2017

To be honest I don't take videos often, so perhaps I just haven't done it enough to notice.

13. WillTL
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2017

WillTL , Aug 28, 2017 :
    Then the OP5 fits the bill. It is one of the fastest phones around. The camera is clearly not the best out there but if photography is not the main reason you want a phone, have no plans to use it in the bath and aren't going to go out of your way to look for the jelly effect (not seen it myself but apparently in all phones), I think you will be happy with it.

afr0dactyl likes this.
  14. v0 HaVoK 0v

Yeah I'd say you just haven't noticed cause I don't think it's just me. from the YouTube videos I see it looks as though it was ok befor the EIS update. After that the EIS works nicely but it seems to have these bitrate dropping issues.
    I know for a fact it's a decent sensor with much more capabilities, but the software is letting it down a lot. They don't seem to want to fix the issues either which is very disappointing. I don't mind it being a bit less in camera, but this is on another level of bad. Video looks terrible on the phone so I can only imagine what it would look like on monitor or tv

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017

15. G_Rodolfo_Guerra_CuYE
    Froyo Aug 28, 2017

16. Mytuner2002
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2017

Mytuner2002 , Aug 28, 2017 :
    the OP5 is an excellent buy at it's price point. as long as you're not looking for a flagship camera, the only disappointing aspect of the phone is it's camera vs flagships. find another dual camera shooter for less than OP5 that does better. I don't think such a device exist.

17. malidan
    Marshmallow Aug 28, 2017

malidan , Aug 28, 2017 :
    I have to be brutally honest for me NO.
    The gap between a OP device at the rest is now non existent at current market prices with OP not closing the specs gap.
    No longer the fastest
    No longer the cheapest
    No longer the best bang per buck
    No longer twice the price( as the fanboys always said)
    Unless OP do a u-turn the OP3 was the last device worth buying, based on value for money.
    If you don't mind not having an inconsistent camera and can put up with the bugs and Jelly screen then go for it.

18. Cyanidebreathmint
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 29, 2017

Cyanidebreathmint , Aug 29, 2017 :
    after week 1 with op5, I have to say that the battery is killer, the hardware is pretty damn stout , but there are a bunch of little issues that make me wary of purchasing OnePlus again in the distant future. can't get Bluetooth audio in my car, Bluetooth calling in the car is pretty choppy as well. customer support is great, albeit they ask for a lot of things the average user won't understand how to do. but all in all, for a sub $500 phone, it's still a good deal.

19. G_Adam_Campbell_QYEK
    Eclair Aug 29, 2017

G_Adam_Campbell_QYEK , Aug 29, 2017 :
    If you want a great phone for a great price then get the OnePlus 3 or 3T. I have the 3 and I can see no reason to upgrade this phone for another 2-3 years or so. In my opinion it's stupid that OnePlus stops supporting a phone after such a short period but that doesn't mean development stops, people are still making custom ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy S2! I was thinking about getting a good quality phone for my wife but she would rather have no phone than spend hundreds of dollars on a phone that becomes outdated in a couple of years, so I'm thinking maybe I'll just get her a OnePlus 1, they are super cheap and are really great phones. Just my two cents. Peace, love and light.

20. holynick55
    Cupcake Aug 29, 2017

holynick55 , Aug 29, 2017 :
    It's absolutely the best phone. I'm an ex Samsung s6 user and it doesn't even compare. You will love it.